Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs

Post by Gary Childress »

I have to say, Tyson has been a voice of reason in all the insanity lately. I think the US government is full of shit. Once again, engaging in a campaign to subvert reason and truth. Thank the real God for Neil Degrasse Tyson. He makes a very eloquent point here.

The US military-industrial machine needs to be flushed down the toilet. Warmongers go to hell! Honest individuals who are skeptical of Christianity and militarism shouldn't.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/202 ... cw-vpx.cnn

I really do believe there is a God and that the Hebrews, Christians and Muslims worship something akin to Satan as far as I'm concerned. Lying, conniving, rats, all of them. They deserve the depraved, psychopathic, genocidal god they worship. GW Bush, what a kristian he was when he invaded two countries that didn't have anything to do with 9/11, resulting in uncountable deaths and destruction. Christians are a disease. I want no part of them. Give me a sane, peace-loving human being any day.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I've never agreed with the logic that just because there are billions and billions of stars and planets then life MUST be abundant in the universe. It comes across to me as the other side of the same coin as the religio nuts who say that BECAUSE the conditions here were just right for life, then that's somehow 'proof' of their god character. If they weren't 'just right' then we wouldn't be here to talk about it :lol: Both viewpoints have nothing to do with reality and everything to do with wishful thinking. How do we know that this isn't the only place where all the conditions came together that were the right combination for this thing we call 'life' that resulted in us? It's perfectly feasible, unless there are infinite 'universes' meaning that this particular combination would have to happen over and over again.
I really enjoyed this guy's take on it. He's refreshingly different from the usual 'we can't possibly be alone' viewpoint. If we are alone then we are alone, and no 'odds' are ever going to change that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcInt58 ... sClassroom
Gary Childress

Re: Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs

Post by Gary Childress »

That's a really good lecture. Thanks.

He's right. Agnosticism in the absence of evidence pointing in either direction seems like the most honest position one can take. I suppose I can't, therefore, agree with Tyson regarding there being a "high" probability of life existing outside our solar system, however, I do think Tyson eloquently addresses the problems with those government videos of supposed UFOs. The military has lied to the American public before. I suspect they are likely doing it again. If that's the best footage a supposed state-of-the-art military aircraft can take of something in the air, then I feel like I should chip in and buy them an IPhone or something to do better with next time.