Alec Baldwin

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Alec Baldwin

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:37 pm Are you suggesting he had taken his own real bullets onto the set and had them in a 'gunbelt' (is that like a bum bag with bullets in it?)? How do you know this?
I don't know it. What I do know is that the situation is being played out in some media as he is obviously guilty and then in the other side's political media as if it is obvious he is innocent. In that latter version, facts are being left out. He was much more responsible for what was happening on the set than just as an actor. He had live rounds on him. He broke protocols for aiming and pulling the trigger that as an experienced actor he would not simply been responsible to follow but for decades aware of. That as producer he would have been aware or should have been of what had been happening on set. This is not some simple victim to armorer error. That story is myth. You've been reading versions that are to the benefit of Baldwin. And these versions paint him as merely an actor, one who did what he was supposed given his role. That's BS. The version you presented in the OP of this thread has omissions that radically bias the issue.

There are political issues swirling all around this, but there are good grounds to put him on trial and work with the evidence. Someone died in part because he broke protocol as the actor. Then there are other problems with his, I just did what the armorer assured me was safe argument. And he also has changed his story. Sometimes he never pulled the trigger. Sometimes, he says, he did. This doesn't mean he's guilty. He could be scared and told untruths. But it should make a prosecutor more interested in his testimory in general. And, it's, well lying.
On the issue of him pulling the trigger....
From the Guardian...
Baldwin says he did not fire the gun that killed Halyna Hutchins in preview for actor’s first on-camera interview since tragedy
However the FBI disagrees...
The gun used in the fatal shooting on the "Rust" movie set could not have been fired without pulling the trigger, according to an FBI forensic report obtained Friday by ABC News.
Get that, the person pointing and firing the gun says he did not pull the trigger, but the FBI says that cannot be the case.
He's on film saying over and over he did not pull the trigger. He says he would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. Well, his account is sounding rather mythological and self-serving.
On the issue of the live round.
In addition to the bullet that killed Hutchins, investigators found five additional live rounds of ammunition mingled among the movie’s props and costumes. Two loose .45 bullets were discovered on top of a prop cart, a third was in a bandolier worn by actor Jensen Ackles, a fourth was in a gun belt worn by Baldwin, and a fifth was found in a box of dummy ammunition with Gutierrez Reed’s fingerprints on it. (Dummy rounds are fake bullets that look real, but are completely inert and have no gunpowder in them.)
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... arged-rust
Further, Baldwin pointed the gun towards the monitor and camera, where Hutchins was standing. On a normally-run set, this should have been noticed. The on-camera-monitor would simply be flipped over to the other side of the camera so that nobody would be in the line of fire.
Never point a firearm at anyone including yourself. Always cheat the shot by aiming to the right or left of the target character. If asked to point and shoot directly at a living target, consult with the property master or armorer for the prescribed safety procedures.
From...
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/arti ... uns-72859/

So, on a set where he is producer and actor, he pointed the gun at someone, violating prop gun on set rules.

Then from the Guardian....
A recent report on the incident found the film’s production company “knew that firearm safety procedures were not being followed on set” and “demonstrated plain indifference to employee safety”.
That's a set where he's the producer. Perhaps he didn't know this. That's something that can come out at the trial. He might still be culpable, given his dual role, even if, he didn't know. And how much was he responsible for any chaos or tensions on set that led to the specific situation and also for NOT taking that into account when he was working with the prop gun? I don't know that No question a civil suit is coming and he will probably lose that one or settle, though the loss may be mainly via insurance companies. I don't know if they can go at his personal assets. But it seems to me there are good grounds to put him on trial, given the whole context.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm
The usual idiocy from a resident idiot. These are actors we are talking about, so you have to treat them as 'children' when it comes to expertise on guns
He was a producer on the film and an active one on set. He has been in movies with guns for decades. Actors have to follow the rules ALSO. There are rules specifically for actors. And in this case, given his dual role and long experience, he cannot possibly pass off his naivte which he himself claims not to have, onto someone else. As he says in interviews he would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. Well, that seems completely false.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm The usual idiocy from a resident idiot. These are actors we are talking about, so you have to treat them as 'children' when it comes to expertise on guns
Yeah sure! You know how I treat children? I don't give them real guns! I give them toy guns.

Maybe a non-negligent producer would've thought of that?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 pm Does 'cold gun' mean there is nothing in the gun, or does it mean that there are blanks in it?
If actors are expected to check if a gun that has been handed to them on a film set is 'live' or not AFTER someone has shouted 'cold gun' at them and the rest of the film crew, then what is the point in this procedure at all? I imagine the person whose job it is to shout 'cold gun' would be a bit miffed to see an actor painstakingly checking the gun to see if it really is 'cold' (whatever that would entail). It would be like calling them a liar or a potential murderer...
That's why we have the rules. You say it's safe/unloaded? Rule 1+2 disagree with you!

It's nothing personal - mistakes/accidents happen and people die. Trust but verify.
* Always assume all guns are loaded.
* The only unloaded gun in the entire world is the one that you have in your hand and have personally verified as unloaded. If you set it down and take your hand off from it, it becomes a loaded gun again.
If he had followed the damn rules (was it that much to ask?!?!) we wouldn't have had to have this stupid discussion; or a witch hunt!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Then the only answer to all of this apparent incompetence is that there was a killer on the set planting live ammunition willy nilly around the place...
I mean, what POSSIBLE reason could there be to have live ammunition ANYWHERE on a set anyway? Is it just another example of rampant yank paranoia?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 am Then the only answer to all of this apparent incompetence is that there was a killer on the set planting live ammunition willy nilly around the place...
Such cunning! Such stealth! Such grandiose plan!

Only to be foiled by following the damn safety rules.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 am Then the only answer to all of this apparent incompetence is that there was a killer on the set planting live ammunition willy nilly around the place...
Such cunning! Such stealth! Such grandiose plan!

Only to be foiled by following the damn safety rules.
Listen dickhead. Say an actor is handed a gun. He is told 'this is a 'cold gun' '. The actor is required to aim the gun at another actor and 'shoot' him. Turns out the gun wasn't 'cold' at all. Should that actor be charged? Why wasn't Brandon's Lee's killer ever charged? It's pretty much exactly the same situation.
The only safety rule that was broken was that there was live ammunition on the set in the first place!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 am I mean, what POSSIBLE reason could there be to have live ammunition ANYWHERE on a set anyway? Is it just another example of rampant yank paranoia?
I once flew from South Africa through to Doha, Kuala Lumpur and into Bangkok.

When I got to the other side I found 4 bullets at the bottom of my bag. My bullets. There is no "reason". They just happened to be there!

4 airport security checks. Metal detectors. Xray scanners. Nobody picked it up!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:38 am Listen dickhead. Say an actor is handed a gun. He is told 'this is a 'cold gun' '. The actor is required to aim the gun at another actor and 'shoot' him. Turns out the gun wasn't 'cold' at all. Should that actor be charged? Why wasn't Brandon's Lee's killer ever charged? It's pretty much exactly the same situation.
The only safety rule that was broken was that there was live ammunition on the set in the first place!
Don't charge the acctor! The actor is innocent!

Charge the producer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:43 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:38 am Listen dickhead. Say an actor is handed a gun. He is told 'this is a 'cold gun' '. The actor is required to aim the gun at another actor and 'shoot' him. Turns out the gun wasn't 'cold' at all. Should that actor be charged? Why wasn't Brandon's Lee's killer ever charged? It's pretty much exactly the same situation.
Don't charge the acctor! The actor is innocent!

Charge the producer. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of which there were many. I already made that point so save your 'lols'.
Your 'argument' is pathetic. You haven't countered any of my points. What the fuck does you being a moron travelling around the planet with bullets in his bag have to do with the price of organic potatoes? What does your gun fetish have to do with anything?
Besides, memories are notoriously unreliable and easily corrupted, especially when someone is under stress. If a prop gun was faulty and just went off (which others had complained about happening prior to this) then you would start doubting yourself and wonder if you actually DID pull the trigger. Baldwin's recollections aren't particularly helpful.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:49 am Of which there were many. I already made that point so save your 'lols'. Your 'argument' is pathetic. You haven't countered any of my points.
I have countered them.

Unlike the situation with Brandon Lee the actor who pulleed the trigger wasn't sitting at the decision-making table.
He wasn't aware of the processess/procedures or the prior failures; or the bad decisions that were being made all around.

ALec Baldwin was aware. He was at the decision-making table. He knows what decisions are being made with respect to actors.

Alec Baldwin played a role in setting himself up for failure.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:49 am What the fuck does you being a moron travelling around the planet with bullets in his bag have to do with the price of organic potatoes? What does your gun fetish have to do with anything?
It has to do with your moronic "what is LIVE ammunition doing on a shooting set?" What is LIVE ammunition doing on an airplance?

It just got there! ACCIDENTALLY.
vegetariantaxidermy

They weren't 'just there', you PUT THEM THERE. Or do you think they just materialised out of nowhere?
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:56 am They weren't 'just there', you PUT THEM THERE. Or do you think they just materialised out of nowhere?
No I didn't "put them there" you ignorant cow. I put 4 boxes of 50 bullets in there three weeks prior. When I used the exact same backpack to go to the shooting range. I then took the boxes out of the bag.

3 out of 200 bullets found their way to the bottom of the bag and in a dark corner that neither I; nor 4 airport security scans could find it.

So if global airport security can't stop it from happening - why do you expect a movie set to do better?
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:01 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:56 am They weren't 'just there', you PUT THEM THERE. Or do you think they just materialised out of nowhere?
No I didn't "put them there" you ignorant cow. I put 4 boxes of 50 bullets in there three weeks prior. When I used the exact same backpack to go to the shooting range. I then took the boxes out of the bag.

3 out of 200 bullets found their way to the bottom of the bag and in a dark corner that neither I; nor 4 airport security scans could find it.

So if global airport security can't stop it from happening - why do you expect a movie set to do better?
Well when you are a moron with a gun fetish then you get what you deserve. Shame you didn't end up in a South African prison.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:13 am Well when you are a moron with a gun fetish then you get what you deserve. Shame you didn't end up in a South African prison.
So accidentally carrying 3 live rounds across the globe deserves prison.

But accidentally killing another human with a live round doesn't.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Skepdick on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Something tells me Alec Baldwin is not a gun fetishist.
vegetariantaxidermy

Well what do you know? He's frequently spoken out against the gun lobby. What a surprise.