Moderators: AMod, iMod

Do you love football? (u can select 2)

I don't like football, I love it.
30%
I don't like football.
20%
What's football?
10%
Atto is probably the best football player on da forum.
10%
Veg is a kranky ol' battle axe.
30%

Total votes: 10

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Perhaps the gigantic 'double chin' that obliterates your neck?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Bullshit!!
vegetariantaxidermy

:lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

And what's with the 'killer klown' hairdo??

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 am

LOL If you had made some prior enquiries, then you might find that the reason "harbal" is not watching is for some OTHER reason than the one that you may be assuming here.
I wondered about that too :lol:
Hey, so long as he's not giving money to the murderers, either through his active participation or his passive absorbing of their advertising, from which they derive their profits, I'm fine. I'm not concerned why he opts out.

Interesting, though, that others, knowing full well what Qatar has done, are opting in. It's remarkable how human nature doesn't change, though...let there be any attrocity, no matter how great, and the vast majority will rationalize going along with it. We are not nearly so far from the days of death camps and holocausts as we think we are, and maybe we are not the upright moral advocates of human rights we so often tell ourselves we are.
AND, the way so-called "christians" JUDGE, condemn, criticize, and/or HATE "others" of other 'faiths' was STILL VERY CONSISTENT, in the days when this was being written.

This one here is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of just how common people would LOOK AT and FIND the 'wrong' in "others" but be completely IGNORANT of their OWN, OBVIOUS, FAILINGS.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm Hey, so long as he's not giving money to the murderers, either through his active participation or his passive absorbing of their advertising, from which they derive their profits, I'm fine. I'm not concerned why he opts out.

Interesting, though, that others, knowing full well what Qatar has done, are opting in. It's remarkable how human nature doesn't change, though...let there be any attrocity, no matter how great, and the vast majority will rationalize going along with it. We are not nearly so far from the days of death camps and holocausts as we think we are, and maybe we are not the upright moral advocates of human rights we so often tell ourselves we are.
I guess that makes me 'one of the others' then. (btw, I don't watch adverts if that helps).

We are just around the corner from death camps. I bet your house is full of products manufactured in China.
EXACTLY, and this is without even looking into what the people of that country have DONE TO the peoples in other countries.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:16 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm Hey, so long as he's not giving money to the murderers, either through his active participation or his passive absorbing of their advertising, from which they derive their profits, I'm fine. I'm not concerned why he opts out.

I guess that makes me 'one of the others' then. (btw, I don't watch adverts if that helps).

We are just around the corner from death camps. I bet your house is full of products manufactured in China.
EXACTLY, and this is without even looking into what the people of that country have DONE TO the peoples in other countries.
I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of IC's virtue signalling when you consider how much we rely on stuff being manufactured in China, pretty much with slave labour and yep, pretty certain China has a form of 'death camp'.

A huge number of these migrant workers will be watching the World Cup, the ones that are alive and the other ones that are in IC's heaven (although, there might not be TV in IC's heaven :wink: )

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 am
Age wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:16 am

I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of IC's virtue signalling when you consider how much we rely on stuff being manufactured in China, pretty much with slave labour and yep, pretty certain China has a form of 'death camp'.
Yes, as I said, EXACTLY.

"immanuel can" is only LOOKING AT the "qatar" situation, and judging/ridiculing, because it is an "islamic" country and NOT a "christian" country.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 am A huge number of these migrant workers will be watching the World Cup, the ones that are alive and the other ones that are in IC's heaven (although, there might not be TV in IC's heaven :wink: )
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:11 am Yes, as I said, EXACTLY.

"immanuel can" is only LOOKING AT the "qatar" situation, and judging/ridiculing, because it is an "islamic" country and NOT a "christian" country.
That is NOT EXACTLY what I am implying at all.

IC is quite right to his opinion of a personal boycott of the idea of World Cup 2022 based on the terrible way migrant workers have been treated. However, he is suggesting that people like me, who will watch the games and still enjoy the actual football are in some way lacking in ethics, that he is morally superior because of his stance, to which I point out his hypocrisy in owning Chinese manufactured goods.
To be honest if he is serious about the ethics then he should never watch another football match again that is operated by FIFA - the corrupt condoners of such despicable acts.
I don't think it is a Christian v Muslim thing at all and certainly if Qatar were a Christian nation that was guity of the awful things being reported of migrant workers, It's likey he would have the same stance.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am
Age wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:11 am Yes, as I said, EXACTLY.

That is NOT EXACTLY what I am implying at all.
Yes I KNOW.

I should have said and wrote, "immanuel can" is ALSO only ....
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am IC is quite right to his opinion of a personal boycott of the idea of World Cup 2022 based on the terrible way migrant workers have been treated.
What about the terrible way workers have been treated with the things that "immanuel can" itself has bought DIRECTLY?
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am However, he is suggesting that people like me, who will watch the games and still enjoy the actual football are in some way lacking in ethics,
OF COURSE "immanuel can" LOOKS AT, JUDGES, and TALKS ABOUT what "OTHERS" do, which NOT LOOKING AT, JUDGING, and TALKING ABOUT what itself does, even when it is doing EXACTLY what it says 'you' and "others" doing.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am that he is morally superior because of his stance, to which I point out his hypocrisy in owning Chinese manufactured goods.
AGAIN, EXACTLY. Which means you are EXACTLY Right here.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am To be honest if he is serious about the ethics then he should never watch another football match again that is operated by FIFA - the corrupt condoners of such despicable acts.
If "immanuel can" was serious about 'ethics', then "immanuel can" would NOT do half of what it does.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:00 am I don't think it is a Christian v Muslim thing at all and certainly if Qatar were a Christian nation that was guity of the awful things being reported of migrant workers, It's likey he would have the same stance.
We would just have to wait and see.

However, I have NOT seen NOR heard a single word EVER from "immanuel can" about taking a stance when the people from "christian" countries go into "muslim" countries and absolutely DESTROY their way of life as well as KILL those completely INNOCENT citizens.

Also, I have NOT heard NOR seen a single word from "immanuel can" regarding the people in "western" NOR "christian" countries, which MISTREAT, and do AWFUL 'things' to, the migrant workers in those countries. But "immanuel can" does a a very strong tendency to OVERLOOK SOME things.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

England v USA 0-0

What a boring game that was. England need to drink some energy stuff prior to their next game...a woeful performance. :(
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

15 mins:

USA v IRAN

WALES v OL' BLIGHTY
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

iran 0 usa 1

good match

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Australia 1 : 0 Denmark

C'mon Australia!!!

------
Attachments
Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.png
Flag_of_Australia_(converted).svg.png (21.47 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

I love what we call soccer here in America. Played it for years and years.

But let's face it, when it comes to the World Cup, what does it really mean to win the tournament? Most games are won by a goal or two. It's like, really, given this or that break, either team could have won. At least with sports like baseball here in America, the best team has to win 4 of seven games in both the league championship series and in the World Series.

With the World Cup, teams that get knocked out early because they lose their games by one goal? Sure, if one team was beating all the other teams 4 to 0, 5 to 2, 6 to 1 etc, that would surely be an indication of superiority. But the way things are now?

Of course, what makes fútbol the "beautiful game" is that each goal is of such dramatic, spectacular importance.