Moderators: AMod, iMod

Do you love football? (u can select 2)

I don't like football, I love it.
30%
I don't like football.
20%
What's football?
10%
Atto is probably the best football player on da forum.
10%
Veg is a kranky ol' battle axe.
30%

Total votes: 10

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:00 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:47 pm I will not watch one minute of one game -- not this time. I will buy no merchandise. I will not cheer for any team that showed up, nor will I care who wins or loses.
Me neither, IC.
Good man. You have a soul.
LOL If you had made some prior enquiries, then you might find that the reason "harbal" is not watching is for some OTHER reason than the one that you may be assuming here.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 am
Harbal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Me neither, IC.
LOL If you had made some prior enquiries, then you might find that the reason "harbal" is not watching is for some OTHER reason than the one that you may be assuming here.
I wondered about that too :lol:

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:49 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:35 pm Imagine that you are an omniscient and omnipotent God.

You know precisely what Qater has done in regard to the migrant workers there. But you choose to do nothing about it.
Just wait. The reckoning is not now. And it's a good thing for everyone it isn't yet.
WHY?

And HOW do you KNOW it is NOT 'now'?
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:49 pm But...

Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?" ...But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly people....with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be discovered.
(2 Pet. 3:3-10)
And those of 'you' who 'judge' "others" like 'you' are a God, EXACTLY like how "immanuel can" does, WILL BE JUDGED the most on judgement day.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

And there you go.

I start a light hearted fun thread on a filopastry forum and it gets turned into an over baked thread where the goodness inside is turned to shite.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 am
Age wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 am
I wondered about that too :lol:
Hey, so long as he's not giving money to the murderers, either through his active participation or his passive absorbing of their advertising, from which they derive their profits, I'm fine. I'm not concerned why he opts out.

Interesting, though, that others, knowing full well what Qatar has done, are opting in. It's remarkable how human nature doesn't change, though...let there be any attrocity, no matter how great, and the vast majority will rationalize going along with it. We are not nearly so far from the days of death camps and holocausts as we think we are, and maybe we are not the upright moral advocates of human rights we so often tell ourselves we are.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:03 pm Hey, so long as he's not giving money to the murderers, either through his active participation or his passive absorbing of their advertising, from which they derive their profits, I'm fine. I'm not concerned why he opts out.

Interesting, though, that others, knowing full well what Qatar has done, are opting in. It's remarkable how human nature doesn't change, though...let there be any attrocity, no matter how great, and the vast majority will rationalize going along with it. We are not nearly so far from the days of death camps and holocausts as we think we are, and maybe we are not the upright moral advocates of human rights we so often tell ourselves we are.
I guess that makes me 'one of the others' then. (btw, I don't watch adverts if that helps).

We are just around the corner from death camps. I bet your house is full of products manufactured in China.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

This is all you need to know..
Buk, buk, buk!!!
Buk, buk, buk!!!
3 chickens.JPG (40.13 KiB) Viewed 561 times
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:37 pm This is all you need to know..
3 chickens.JPG
What's that all about!?

That reminds me, when is your mate Arising coming back to the forum, I got to talk about God and the simulation hypothesis with him!?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:32 pm
3 chickens.JPG
What's that all about!?

That reminds me, when is your mate Arising coming back to the forum, I got to talk about God and the simulation hypothesis with him!?
The badge of the England team is usually three Lions. After saying they were going to wear "One Love" armbands in Qatar they wimped out and did not because FIFA told them not to.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 pm
3 chickens.JPG
What's that all about!?

The badge of the England team is usually three Lions. After saying they were going to wear "One Love" armbands in Qatar they wimped out and did not because FIFA told them not to.
FIFA were going to give anyone that wore the armband a yellow card! Ergo, time to get rid of FIFA.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:50 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 pm

What's that all about!?

FIFA were going to give anyone that wore the armband a yellow card! Ergo, time to get rid of FIFA.
If the players had defied them, FIFA would have had to back down.
vegetariantaxidermy

As usual, the wokies 'standing up for the oppressed' when it suits them and when there's no risk and they have nothing to lose :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 pm As usual, the wokies 'standing up for the oppressed' when it suits them and when there's no risk and they have nothing to lose :lol:
Good morning Veg, and how are you today? :D
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 pm As usual, the wokies 'standing up for the oppressed' when it suits them and when there's no risk and they have nothing to lose :lol:
Go for a walk. You might lose some of that blubber.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:11 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm
Go for a walk. You might lose some of that blubber.
WILCO. I have no idea where you are getting the impression that I am fat...tubby maybe.