Black Mermaids etc....

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Black Mermaids etc....

Post by Sculptor »

I saw a lovely tic-tok of some young black girls remarking with amazement that the mermaid was a black girl. For me that was enough to convince me that is was worth making the effort.

However, there is a lot wrong with how things are going at the moment. There are really good and creative ways to make sure minorities are represented. At the moment there is a icky tendency for a sort of pedagogic high mindedness which is being generally rejected as absurd by the public. Even people who are full square behind the idea of extending representation and giving, say, black actors a level playing ground with white.

But there is a growing problem which undermines the effort. In RIngs of Power for example as in other programmes (eg Wheel of Time) which have several examples of white characters with black children and black parents with white children. When we watch a drama we enter into a contract whereby the audience suspend their disbelief and pretend that what we are watching is real. This is most important with fantasy programs. So why not cast Morgan Freeman as the child or even wife of a character played by Emma Watson? WHy not? Because it would be ridiculous! It would stop you in your tracks and the spell of belief would be broken. So why is the daughter of the HIgh King of Numenor(white) and black women - a great performance by the way, but an example of bad casting since she simply does not look like her father in a very profound way.

So why not make the entire family of Isildur black instead? The point is Amazon are imposing a moral point virtue signalling in the most exhibitionist way. When I watch a series on Netflix or Amazon, I am pleased to see a range of different human groups represented, but I do not want it to be in my face to the degree that it makes the drama look idiotic.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Black Mermaids etc....

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Black people are welcome to make black mermaids if they want to. Who's stopping them? What's the point in the opening comment? To show how 'unracist' you are? :lol:

Welcome to Netflix. Pretty much everything you watch on there is preaching wokism. Isolated mediaeval Europen villages with every ethnicitiy you can think of living there. Tiny English villages in the first half of the twentieth century with a black vicar, a black couple running the antique shop, an Indian doctor, a mixed race couple living together without getting married, a white wealthy squire and his white ex-wife with a non-white biological son, a group of young detectives in Victorian London including a Chinese lesbian (double woke) and various other ethnicities which would have been so rare as to be nonexistent in London at that time.... What are these patronising dipshits trying to prove exactly?
Imagine making a series about the African slave trade using white actors as the slaves :lol:

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm I saw a lovely tic-tok of some young black girls remarking with amazement that the mermaid was a black girl. For me that was enough to convince me that is was worth making the effort.
'What' is, supposedly, worth 'making the effort', EXACTLY, and, 'what' and 'where' is 'the effort' being, supposedly, made, EXACTLY?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm However, there is a lot wrong with how things are going at the moment.
How 'what things' are going, at the moment, EXACTLY?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm There are really good and creative ways to make sure minorities are represented.
'Who' and/or 'what', EXACTLY are/is the, supposed, 'minority' here, EXACTLY?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm At the moment there is a icky tendency for a sort of pedagogic high mindedness which is being generally rejected as absurd by the public.
'What' are you going on about here, EXACTLY?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm Even people who are full square behind the idea of extending representation and giving, say, black actors a level playing ground with white.
WHEN 'you', human beings, evolve ENOUGH, and thus mature/grow up ENOUGH, then just how Truly ABSURD it REALLY IS calling 'people' "black" or "white" BECOMES CRYSTAL CLEAR.

But, until then please do NOT let me STOP 'you' from carrying on the way 'you' ARE, and HAVE BEEN.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm
But there is a growing problem which undermines the effort. In RIngs of Power for example as in other programmes (eg Wheel of Time) which have several examples of white characters with black children and black parents with white children.
How do 'you', human beings, ACTUALLY 'separate' so-called "black people" FROM "white people"?

In other words 'what' are the EXACT DEFINING FEATURES, which 'you' base YOUR 'separations' ON?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm When we watch a drama we enter into a contract whereby the audience suspend their disbelief and pretend that what we are watching is real.
WHO is this, supposed, 'contract' BETWEEN, EXACTLY? Besides, of course, with "one's" OWN 'self'?

When I observe 'drama' I watch 'it' for what 'it' Truly IS. Sometimes 'the drama' is REALLY performed FOR JUST MONEY, and thus Truly STAGED, but STILL REAL, and sometimes 'you', people, MAKE 'drama' for NO other reason than just MAKING 'drama', out of usually LITERALLY NOTHING of ANY REAL importance NOR significance, and therefore I do NOT have to pretend that what I am observing/watching is real or not, either way.

EVERY thing I am observing, or watching, IS REAL. What reason 'you', people, MAKE 'the drama', however, is for DIFFERENT REASONS.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm This is most important with fantasy programs. So why not cast Morgan Freeman as the child or even wife of a character played by Emma Watson?
'you', people, CAST and IMAGINE non human speaking animals in roles as human speaking 'things'. So, WHY question about NOT casting some adult human being as the child or wife of a character played by ANOTHER adult human being, but NOT LOOK AT just how much of an ACTUAL VARIETY 'you', adult human beings, do CAST, PLAY, and ACT on and in the STAGE of Life?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm WHy not? Because it would be ridiculous!
There are plenty of so-called "gay men" who PLAY 'wifes', and, plenty of so-called "gay women" who PLAY 'husbands', not just in the REAL life PAID ACTING PERFORMANCE stage of Life but also in REAL life ROLES.

Do you find this RIDICULOUS, ALSO?

If yes, or if no, then WHY?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm It would stop you in your tracks and the spell of belief would be broken.
Have you EVER SEEN a 'fantasy' movie/stage performance?

Have you EVEN heard of the 'fantasy' genre in the movie or theater industry?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm So why is the daughter of the HIgh King of Numenor(white) and black women - a great performance by the way, but an example of bad casting since she simply does not look like her father in a very profound way.
WHY does this EVEN MATTER and/or BOTHER 'you', "sculptor"?

Also, have you NEVER WITNESSED and OBSERVED the children of a couple who has much lighter OR darker colored skin than that of the parents?

If no, then maybe you should, as they say, 'GET OUT a bit MORE'.

Also, in the example you provided above here, you WERE WATCHING human beings PAID to PLAY A ROLE, just in case you ARE STILL UNAWARE. AND, if this KNOWLEDGE that they are just PAID HUMAN BEINGS to PRETEND to be some 'thing', which they ARE NOT, then MAYBE you will NEED to find some OTHER ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE to KEEP 'you' from STARTING TO BELIEVE that what 'you' are WATCHING and OBSERVING is ONLY JUST A STORY, ABOUT SOME 'thing'.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm So why not make the entire family of Isildur black instead?
BECAUSE there is NO such 'thing' as ACTUAL "black" NOR "white" 'people' OTHER than in YOUR IMAGINATION ONLY.

And, to PROVE that this is IRREFUTABLY True, I could ask 'you', "sculptor", How are so-called "black people" AND "black people" ACCURATELY DEFINED, and 'what', EXACTLY, SUPPOSEDLY, 'separates' so-called "white people" FROM "black people"?

Now, EITHER;

'you' WILL PROVE True MY CLAIM that "black" AND "white" 'people" exist in IMAGINATION ONLY.

Or,

'you' WILL PROVE MY CLAIM Wrong, and SHOW to 'us' EXACTLY HOW there are ACTUALLY "white people" AND "black people", and HOW they are FULLY 'separate', and DIFFERENT 'things'.

'We' AWAIT YOUR INSPIRING INSIGHTS here.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm The point is Amazon are imposing a moral point virtue signalling in the most exhibitionist way.
And, SOME are WITNESSING, OBSERVING, and thus SEEING, and UNDERSTANDING MORE of the Truly RACIST perspective, which EXISTED WITHIN 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this was being written.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm When I watch a series on Netflix or Amazon, I am pleased to see a range of different human groups represented,
And, as long as "sculptor" is PLEASED, then the REST of the human population SHOULD carry on with ONLY 'that', which PLEASES "sculptor", and MAKES "sculptor" HAPPY, correct "sculptor"?

Oh, and by the way, are 'you' NOT ABLE to LOOK AT and SEE the human population as JUST ONE GROUP?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:54 pm but I do not want it to be in my face to the degree that it makes the drama look idiotic.
OKAY.

Did 'you' here THIS, the REST of humanity?

"sculptor" does NOT like so-called "black" AND "white" 'people' to be INTEGRATED in such A WAY, NOR in such A DEGREE, which will make A MADE UP DRAMA STORY look 'idiotic', to "sculptor". So, PLEASE ALL of humanity CHANGE YOUR WAYS, for and to 'what' ONLY PLEASES "sculptor", ALONE.

By the way, 'we' could talk about how one could get MORE PEDANTIC, and MORE RACIST, in one's OWN TINY, MINUTE 'world view' of 'things', but I think this would be a PRIME EXAMPLE of how adult human beings, back in the days when this was being written, could NOT become MORE SHALLOW and NOT be able to obtain a MORE NARROWED view of 'things' than this here.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:41 am Black people are welcome to make black mermaids if they want to. Who's stopping them? What's the point in the opening comment? To show how 'unracist' you are? :lol:

Welcome to Netflix. Pretty much everything you watch on there is preaching wokism.
For those who HATE or dislike so-called 'wokism', I suggest that they EXPLAIN, in DETAIL, what 'wokism' IS, EXACTLY, to 'them', and then START EXPLAINING what ALL of those terms that they USE, in relation to 'wokism', ARE, EXACTLY ALSO.

So, if 'you', "vegetariantaxidermy", dislike or HATE 'wokism', then 'what' IS 'wokism', to you, EXACTLY?

But if 'you' are okay and happy with 'wokism', then just let us KNOW.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:41 am Isolated mediaeval Europen villages with every ethnicitiy you can think of living there.
How many so-called "enthnicities" were there at that particular time?
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:41 am Tiny English villages in the first half of the twentieth century with a black vicar, a black couple running the antique shop, an Indian doctor, a mixed race couple living together without getting married, a white wealthy squire and his white ex-wife with a non-white biological son, a group of young detectives in Victorian London including a Chinese lesbian (double woke) and various other ethnicities which would have been so rare as to be nonexistent in London at that time.... What are these patronising dipshits trying to prove exactly?
So, so-called "chinese" 'people' could be living in "new zealand", for example, at that time, of which some might have very easily and very simply been so-called "gay", but for some reason, to "vegetariantaxidermy", "these" 'people' could NOT be living in "london town".

There is NOTHING to say that people in those times WERE as RACIST, SHALLOW, and NARROWED as they OBVIOUSLY WERE in the so-called '21st century'.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:41 am Imagine making a series about the African slave trade using white actors as the slaves :lol:
WHY do you think or BELIEVE that what you said here is funny?

IMAGINE making a series about 'people', from the '21st century', using NON 'racist', NON 'judgmental', NON 'self-contradictory', and NON 'hypocritical' 'actors' as 'you', people' WERE?

This is EXACTLY what 'we' are doing 'now'. AND, we do NOT find 'acting' THE WAY 'you', people, WERE REALLY like, back then, funny, AT ALL.

In fact 'we' are SO GRATEFUL that 'you', ALL CHANGED those VERY OLD WAYS, for the BETTER.

'We' can ONLY IMAGINE what it was like to live with all of those RACIST and HATRED VIEWS of EACH OTHER. BUT, from YOUR writings 'we' CAN and HAVE GAINED a REALLY GOOD GRASP of what it REALLY MUST OF BEEN LIKE.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:42 am blah blah
The only racists are the wokies with their ridiculous, patronising tokenisms and nauseating, preachy 'educational messaging'. I don't need to be 'educated' by moronic wankers, thank you. There's no point in calling people 'racist' when they aren't, simply because they don't adhere to your particularly strict, narrow, shallow, and self-congratulatory world view. It just fucks them off.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 am
The only racists are the wokies with their ridiculous, patronising tokenisms.
If thee Truth be KNOWN "vegetariantaxidermy" I STILL have absolutely NO idea what 'you' mean, or are referring to, when 'you' say and write the words, 'woke', 'wokies', and/or 'wokism'. And, until you EXPLAIN what those words mean, or refer to, to you, EXACTLY, I will NEVER have absolutely ANY REAL IDEA EITHER.

Also, from my perspective the word "racists" refers to 'people' with PARTICULAR VIEWS about the perceived 'races' of 'you', human beings, and who are NOT so-called "wokies".

To me, the word "wokies" means, or refers to, some 'thing' VERY DIFFERENT than those of 'you' who ARE what are called "racists".

To me, EITHER one SEES and/or ATTEMPTS to 'separate' 'people' into DIFFERENT groups, and thus PLACING ridiculous 'tokenisms' UPON each other, or, one SEES what 'you', people, REALLY ARE.

So, which one are 'you', "vegetariantaxidermy"? Do you SEE 'people' as, and in, DIFFERENT groups, with DIFFERENT labeled 'tokenisms' or NOT?

Your Truly Honest answer here will be, AS ALWAYS, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:54 am

If thee Truth be KNOWN "vegetariantaxidermy" I STILL have absolutely NO idea what 'you' mean, or are referring to,

blah blah blah blah.................
And you never will.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 am
The only racists are the wokies with their ridiculous, patronising tokenisms and nauseating, preachy 'educational messaging'.
From 'our' perspective your views on 'wokism' are VERY nauseating and preachy 'educational messaging'.

'you' continually TELLING 'us', or PREACHING to 'us' YOUR 'educational messaging' about what we SHOULD BE DOING and SHOULD NOT BE DOING becomes VERY NAUSEATING, just so you are AWARE.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 am I don't need to be 'educated' by moronic wankers, thank you.
And, some think the EXACT SAME, in regards to 'you'.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:45 am There's no point in calling people 'racist' when they aren't, simply because they don't adhere to your particularly strict, narrow, shallow, and self-congratulatory world view. It just fucks them off.
LOL

'you' will NOT even INFORM 'us' of what the word 'racist' means, or refers to, to you, EXACTLY, BECAUSE if 'you' did, then 'you' could NOT CALL "others" out on what 'you' do CALL 'them'.

People are called "racist" BECAUSE of what they ACTUALLY DO.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 am
Fuck off you annoying little germ.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:58 am

If thee Truth be KNOWN "vegetariantaxidermy" I STILL have absolutely NO idea what 'you' mean, or are referring to,

And you never will.
AND HERE 'IT' IS my friends.

The VERY REASON WHY these so-called "adult" 'human beings' LIVED in so much CONFLICT with 'each other', back when this was being written, is PROVED ABSOLUTELY True with these FOUR little WORDS here, in this response here.

These people were SO UTTERLY CONFUSED that even when they were asked to just DEFINE some of the words that they USED, and even CALL "others" OUT ON, these people had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA "themselves" what the words that they were ACTUALLY USING, ACTUALLY EVEN MEANT.

These people ACTUALLY did NOT even KNOW what they were REFERRING TO, AT ALL, let alone EXACTLY, when they would TALK ABOUT 'things', and DISCUSS 'things' among "themselves".

As SHOWN and can be ABSOLUTELY CLEARLY SEEN here, and PROVED ABSOLUTELY True here, in this response above, these people would NOT even LISTEN to what "another" was SAYING.

There were Truly ONLY INTERESTED in their OWN VIEWS of 'things', ALONE.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:06 am

And you never will.

That's because I'm an individual, not a plural. I can work things out for myself. You are so astonishingly boring that I feel a coma coming on as soon as I look at one of your posts.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 am
Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 am
Fuck off you annoying little germ.
Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of a "wokie", with ANOTHER ridiculous, patronizing tokenism.

"vegetriantaxidermy" it could be argued is the BIGGEST "wokie" here, on this website, as 'it' is ALWAYS 'trying to' put EVERY one into their DESIGNATED and LABELLED, place-holder, SLOTS.

"vegetariantaxidermy" BELIEVES that it is socially JUST for EVERY one to be PLACED INTO, and CALLED by, their OWN PARTICULAR GROUP name, which "vegetariantaxidermy" also BELIEVES that 'it' KNOWS what they ARE, EXACTLY. And, if ANY one INTERFERES with "vegetariantaxidermy's" OWN POSITION on WHO and/or WHAT fits perfectly into the ' social and racial "justice system" ', then "vegetariantaxidermy" wants to CALL those ones OUT for their 'social and racial injustices'.
vegetariantaxidermy

Whatever you say, (or whatever you said). There were lots of capitals but that's as far as I got...

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:14 am
Age wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:06 am

And you never will.

That's because I'm an individual, not a plural. I can work things out for myself. You are so astonishingly boring that I feel a coma coming on as soon as I look at one of your posts.
'you' just WANT to go INTO A COMA, BECAUSE this would be FAR EASIER and FAR SIMPLER for you than to just DEFINE what the word 'wokism' means, or refers to, you, EXACTLY?

BECAUSE you KNOW that if you even ATTEMPTED the latter you would END UP just CONTRADICTING "yourself".

So, IGNORING the VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, SEEKING OUT being in a COMA, or just WISHING I would NOT ask you questions, for CLARITY is ALL MUCH SIMPLER and EASIER, for you, than to just even ATTEMPT to CLARIFY YOUR POSITION.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:22 am Whatever you say, (or whatever you said). There were lots of capitals but that's as far as I got...
Which just further proves absolutely and irrefutably True, Right, and Correct in regards to what I just said and claimed about "vegetariantaxidermy" and "others", back in the days when this was being written.