What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:41 am
Walker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:47 pm
As for America, it's all about them, as if their country is the only country on the entire planet, they seem to be totally oblivious that there is an actual other world existing outside of their very narrow and shallow bubble.
Wrong by both fact and reasoning.
Sounds like you two watch too much TV, and don't get out too much.

Most countries are homogeneous.
The US is the most diverse country on the planet.

You get to know all kinds of people here, from all kinds of backgrounds, doing all kinds of stuff.
You get many interesting families as a result.

For instance, our clan is from everywhere and more than a few were not born here.

So, what's it feel like to be a victim of anti-US propaganda? Feel kinda sheepish, do ya?
People from elsewhere can only go by the general impression that is given out, just as we as individuals can't see ourselves as others see us. There's not a heck of a lot you can do about that except change it from the inside. Are you saying Americans do NOT force children to worship a piece of cloth every morning? Do NOT idolise their military? Are NOT overwhelmingly religious? Do NOT have a gun fetish or have regular school shootings? NEVER say that their country is the 'greatest'? These things get noticed by the rest of the world.
Well it's just common knowledge, a fact to every civilised person outside of the US that the country is the laughing stock of the entire world.

Even some of the original natives of the US are seriously considering emigrating to the real world.

And what is their obsession with plastic..every food item, or material item at Disney World in particular is heavily packaged using plastic materials, and what's with all the plastic knifes and forks and spoons? ....haven't they heard of eco friendly?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

:lol:
I'm enjoying The Sandman, but I don't trust Netflix. Netflix and Amazon have a habit of cancelling series on huge cliffhangers for no apparent reason, even when the ratings have been good.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Alone, on Netflix.

- Up to season four and they’re starting to drop like flies. Four of the ten. Eyes on the prize but they couldn’t adapt to the conditions as a lifestyle.

- So far, three of tap outs were caused by starvation and solitude that altered thoughts, emotions and priorities.

- In the back the noggin they always knew they had some place to run to, some place to hide. The conditions of the show make it easy to quit. Just pick up the communicator. All they have to do is tap out and they can return to their safe place, if it’s still there.

- Stay tuned … in.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:41 am :lol:
I'm enjoying The Sandman ...
How wonderful for you.

What about The Sandman makes it enjoyable?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Shut up
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:08 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:41 am
Walker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 am
Wrong by both fact and reasoning.
Sounds like you two watch too much TV, and don't get out too much.

Most countries are homogeneous.
The US is the most diverse country on the planet.

You get to know all kinds of people here, from all kinds of backgrounds, doing all kinds of stuff.
You get many interesting families as a result.

For instance, our clan is from everywhere and more than a few were not born here.

So, what's it feel like to be a victim of anti-US propaganda? Feel kinda sheepish, do ya?
People from elsewhere can only go by the general impression that is given out, just as we as individuals can't see ourselves as others see us. There's not a heck of a lot you can do about that except change it from the inside. Are you saying Americans do NOT force children to worship a piece of cloth every morning? Do NOT idolise their military? Are NOT overwhelmingly religious? Do NOT have a gun fetish or have regular school shootings? NEVER say that their country is the 'greatest'? These things get noticed by the rest of the world.
Well it's just common knowledge, a fact to every civilised person outside of the US that the country is the laughing stock of the entire world.

Even some of the original natives of the US are seriously considering emigrating to the real world.

And what is their obsession with plastic..every food item, or material item at Disney World in particular is heavily packaged using plastic materials, and what's with all the plastic knifes and forks and spoons? ....haven't they heard of eco friendly?
Correction. It's a common misapprehension, due to anti-US propaganda, which is both explicit and implicit in the programming that is the source of knowledge outside of direct experience.

Common knowledge based on ignorance is a fine definition of bigotry, don't you know.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:21 am Shut up
I see you're getting some control over that tongue of yours.
Walker

Post by Walker »

If you read the labels on the plastic island floating around the Pacific, that stuff's from Asia.

The US is big on recycling and putting litter in its proper place. Same with anti-smoking. Same with safety belts in cars. Know why? The children are indoctrinated. My children would not let me drive without a seat belt, and now I won't drive without one. It's a habit, and I feel so safe ...

The landscapes used to show the care in recycling and litter control in public places. And then, the border opened up like a flood.

Now I see stuff I never used to see. Bags of garbage on the road from fast food joints ... from cultures where they do that sort of thing.

No respect. This is not how to touch the world lightly.

Very clean air in the USofA. Even in the cities, compared to cities in other industrialized countries. The thing is, the US ain't so industrialized anymore. Not like the good old days when we had to scrape grit off the glass in the morning. Now, we have other countries do the dirty work for and with the fossil fuels that are required to make the batteries for the electric cars, and the wind turbines, and all that other exotic stuff riding on the back of Anthropogenic Climate Change, stuff they get out of the ground in Afghanistan, Ukraine, Tibet, Africa.

Abuse of the third world for energy and inventions that have become necessities.

Sure, I get the anti-Americanism.

But, you need to wade out deeper, beyond your shallow thinking, in order to understand goodness.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The thread title leads to an interesting question. Perhaps too corny for the slick, but I was thinking ... What kind of story are you watching on your show *? What is your show? (A cool someone calls this the "helicopter view.")

The other night (months ago, when gas was new) I filled the truck up ... just off what was once a busy highway, and I was the only customer. Two clerks were taking a break outside the front door, smoking cigarettes. The garbage can was full. No water to wash the windshield. After I made sure everyone of my people was strapped in, I called out to the two in a pleasant voice. I said, "the garbage is full!"

Blank expressions. I figured, maybe their English wasn't so good. No reason to think that other than no response. So, I simplified. I said, "Garbage! Full!" and I pointed.

The woman, slovenly of form caused by neglect perhaps caused by ignorance or uncaring, nodded that she understood. Perhaps from the distance I only imaged the food stains on her uniform. The young fella, same uniform, just looked scared. Maybe he really didn't speak English. I smiled and waved, buh bye.

The world is my lawn.

:lol:

* life
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I'm enjoying The Sandman, but I don't trust Netflix. Netflix and Amazon have a habit of cancelling series on huge cliffhangers for no apparent reason, even when the ratings have been good.
I've just started the second episode since you posted..seems pretty good so far. It does remind me of American Gods - loved that.

Altered Carbon was really good once you get through the first episode and things start to make sense. (i think it was on Netflix) - cyberpunk on steroids.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Cool, me too.

There are some very watch worthy films and documentries on Netflix, however, most of the stuff they show is not my cup of tea.

I know what you mean about the cancelling of series, that's so annoying, and is why once I start watching something I enjoy, I ususally end up binge watching the entire series even if that means staying up all night.

I've noticed the price keeps sneakingly shifting about as well. For that reason I decided to cancel my own account because my son had a spare screen on his account, so now I'm screen sharing and not paying for the privilege. :D

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:01 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm Interesting. The IMDB says you can watch it on history.com
Can you just talk normally for once in your life...what the heck is history.com and it's relation to Netflix?
This is how sounds truth, justice, and the American Way.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

No wonder The Sandman reminds me of American Gods - another Neil Gaiman production.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:12 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:01 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm Interesting. The IMDB says you can watch it on history.com
Can you just talk normally for once in your life...what the heck is history.com and it's relation to Netflix?
This is how sounds truth, justice, and the American Way.
Shut up.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Some of the Things that I have watched that stop me doing something useful with my life.
Enjoy!!

Borgen.
Dead Pixels
The Umbrella Academy
Oats Studios
Call my Agent (French)
Schitt's Creek
Rick and Morty
Blade Runner 2049
Taboo
Killing Eve
The Gentlemen