What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

Post by Dontaskme »

At the minute, I'm watching ..''The Sandman'' ... a TV network drama now showing on Netflix.

When the Sandman, aka Dream, the cosmic being who controls all dreams, is captured and held prisoner for more than a century, he must journey across different worlds and timelines to fix the chaos his absence has caused.

After years of imprisonment, Morpheus — the King of Dreams — embarks on a journey across worlds to find what was stolen from him and restore his power.

Series 1 ..has 10 episodes.

Walker

Re: What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

Post by Walker »

Alone.

It's a survivalist reality show.

Bears and mountain lions. Mostly bears, oh my. Ten people, each alone. Soon it will be winter in a forest of the far north, next to a huge lake. The people are building their private shelters, hunting and gathering, while talking to their cameras.

Some of the shelters are impressive. One woman dug out a basement for hers using a stick and a jawbone that she found. The jawbone was a nice touch for the theme.

The last one to tap out gets half a million $.

The skills and the prize are becoming necessary for more folks in the influential Brandon world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:22 pm Alone.

It's a survivalist reality show.

Bears and mountain lions. Mostly bears, oh my. Ten people, each alone. Soon it will be winter in a forest of the far north, next to a huge lake. The people are building their private shelters, hunting and gathering, while talking to their cameras.

The last one to tap out gets half a million $.

The skills and the prize are becoming necessary for more folks in the influential Brandon world.
There is Nothing showing of that description under the title ''ALONE'' on my Netflix. Maybe it's exclusive to America at the moment and not yet showing in the UK ...IDK?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interesting. The IMDB says you can watch it on history.com
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:38 pm Interesting. The IMDB says you can watch it on history.com
Can you just talk normally for once in your life...what the heck is history.com and it's relation to Netflix?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Righto.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So yeah, I haven't seen ''ALONE'' on Netflix... but sounds like something I would enjoy watching. Maybe one day, it'll be showing up. Who knows, until it shows.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:31 pm So yeah, I haven't seen ''ALONE'' on Netflix... but sounds like something I would enjoy watching. Maybe one day, it'll be showing up. Who knows, until it shows.
Just another one of those stupid, fake 'nonreality' shows that the US churns out. They are hardly 'alone' when surrounded by film crew etc. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:40 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:31 pm So yeah, I haven't seen ''ALONE'' on Netflix... but sounds like something I would enjoy watching. Maybe one day, it'll be showing up. Who knows, until it shows.
Just another one of those stupid, fake 'nonreality' shows that the US churns out. They are hardly 'alone' when surrounded by film crew etc. :lol:
Thanks for the clarification. :D

As for America, it's all about them, as if their country is the only country on the entire planet, they seem to be totally oblivious that there is an actual other world existing outside of their very narrow and shallow bubble.
vegetariantaxidermy

I think I've watched all the best things.

Don't Look Up is really good and pokes fun satirically at conspiracy nuts.
The End of the F' ing World.
The Good Place. It seems silly at first but it's really clever and funny. A comedy about philosopy (which has to be a first). Ted Danson is always worth watching too.
Fantastic Fungi.
How to change your mind.
My Octopus Teacher.
Travels with my father.
Kath and Kim.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:47 pm

As for America, it's all about them, as if their country is the only country on the entire planet, they seem to be totally oblivious that there is an actual other world existing outside of their very narrow and shallow bubble.
Yeah, clear as mud.

Filmed in British Columbia. Go-Pros and tripods in place of camera crews. Since they're all skilled survivalists, the premise is that total isolation in the wilderness is a mental test. The carrot is American-sized prize money. Reality shows are low-budget productions, relatively speaking.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Wrong by both fact and reasoning.
Sounds like you two watch too much TV, and don't get out too much.

Most countries are homogeneous.
The US is the most diverse country on the planet.

You get to know all kinds of people here, from all kinds of backgrounds, doing all kinds of stuff.
You get many interesting families as a result.

For instance, our clan is from everywhere and more than a few were not born here.

So, what's it feel like to be a victim of anti-US propaganda? Feel kinda sheepish, do ya?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:02 am

Yeah, clear as mud.

Filmed in British Columbia. Go-Pros and tripods in place of camera crews. Since they're all skilled survivalists, the premise is that total isolation in the wilderness is a mental test. The carrot is American-sized prize money. Reality shows are low-budget productions, relatively speaking.
Yeah, as 'real' as Bear Grylls. When he came here he was allegedly 'in the wilderness, miles from nowhere'. Right, apart from the shop nearby that he and his film crew would buy pies at during their breaks :lol:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 am
Wrong by both fact and reasoning.
Sounds like you two watch too much TV, and don't get out too much.

Most countries are homogeneous.
The US is the most diverse country on the planet.

You get to know all kinds of people here, from all kinds of backgrounds, doing all kinds of stuff.
You get many interesting families as a result.

For instance, our clan is from everywhere and more than a few were not born here.

So, what's it feel like to be a victim of anti-US propaganda? Feel kinda sheepish, do ya?
People from elsewhere can only go by the general impression that is given out, just as we as individuals can't see ourselves as others see us. There's not a heck of a lot you can do about that except change it from the inside. Are you saying Americans do NOT force children to worship a piece of cloth every morning? Do NOT idolise their military? Are NOT overwhelmingly religious? Do NOT have a gun fetish or have regular school shootings? NEVER say that their country is the 'greatest'? These things get noticed by the rest of the world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:35 pm I think I've watched all the best things.

Don't Look Up is really good and pokes fun satirically at conspiracy nuts.
Seen it.

Enjoyed this kind of satire.

The Good Place. It seems silly at first but it's really clever and funny. A comedy about philosopy (which has to be a first).
Love watching The Good Place.