What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: What are you watching on Netflix? and your suggested recommendations??

Post by Walker »

Also, about the winner of Alone in British Columbia ...

As I recall, which is not exactly, he had gone about a week without eating, before killing and smoking the deer. He used the week to build a shelter, gather wood, and look for the deer. Getting the deer back to his shelter was a big physical job for a hungry man, before smoking the deer, and the process was a big bear risk, so he was on his toes.

It was a spiritual experience for him to find much more good food than he could eat at one time, and he conveyed that spirituality in a way you might expect.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:09 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:48 pm ...
The fishing was tough. The lake was shallow close to shore, and there were lots of bears hanging around. The best fisherman actually built a boat with a tarp, using branches for a frame. Amazing. He caught some nice fish but not enough.

- The bow and arrows were manufactured. However, it was not a compound bow.
- Here’s an analysis of the tools that contestants used.
https://theprepared.com/blog/alone-winn ... -analysis/
I used to be able to sneak up on deer. Haven't had a chance to test it out for a while. Not hunting, just walking real slow. I think with a decent bow I might be able to survive. And it's not hard to find their paths. I suppose with the state of the world, I think about such things, again. I know where to go, where the nearest wilderness is, a mass of wetlands and forests without many houses. But, man, I'd be wishing I was 20 years younger every single day. And that's not an easy life, even for a game show period.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Travelin' Band: Creedence Clearwater Revival at the Royal Albert Hall.

What a fantastically fabulissimo band they were.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'm watching Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy man. I totally feel like I'm there when I watch this show. When Stan's on the bank of some canal talking to a fisherman about the days catch, I can feel the light breeze and taste the salty air. Vicariously vacationing in Italy. The scenes are magnificent. Good narration, music, everything.

Holy shit now Stan's standing on a golden hilled bee farm eating fresh honey comb. He just broke a piece off with his fingers and chomped it. Omg I can't.

"You may have the universe if I may have Italy" - famous artist or poet or something
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Leave The World Behind.

Good film, predictive programming perhaps? 🤔
Steve Matthew

Post by Steve Matthew »

Don't know where to start in this forum so here is my first post. I started watching Better Call Saul after ending Breaking bad loving this show more then Breaking Bad. Did anyone saw any of these?