What Premier League football team do you support? or other sport/team

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

What Premier League football team do you support? or other sport/team

Post by attofishpi »

Just interested in what football team ruins your day when they lose!!!

..also, I know a lot of you don't have an EPL team, so what sport and team are you passionate about?

Me, Southampton...the Saints - first match of the season is this Saturday 6th August, against one of my best mates team - the Spurs.

I remember 1976 when I was four and my Mum had me in her arms at the end of our street to watch an open top double deck bus with the Saints team, everyone cheering because we won the FA cup..
MagsJ

Re: What Premier League football team do you support? or other sport/team

Post by MagsJ »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:17 am Just interested in what football team ruins your day when they lose!!!

..also, I know a lot of you don't have an EPL team, so what sport and team are you passionate about?

Me, Southampton...the Saints - first match of the season is this Saturday 6th August, against one of my best mates team - the Spurs.

I remember 1976 when I was four and my Mum had me in her arms at the end of our street to watch an open top double deck bus with the Saints team, everyone cheering because we won the FA cup..
Arsenal.. perpetual foe of Tottenham Hotspur, and my closest team.. since birth.

Come match-day, the entire borough is on tenterhooks, with match-day anxiety of ‘win or lose’.

Sounds like good memories.. such events are very community-building indeed.

You now live in Aus?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Forest.
Forest.png
Forest.png (12.94 KiB) Viewed 1020 times
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:35 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:17 am Just interested in what football team ruins your day when they lose!!!

Arsenal.. perpetual foe of Tottenham Hotspur, and my closest team.. since birth.

Come match-day, the entire borough is on tenterhooks, with match-day anxiety of ‘win or lose’.

Sounds like good memories.. such events are very community-building indeed.

You now live in Aus?
That's right Mags, a suburb of Orion Spur.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm Forest.Forest.png
Well, welcome back to the Premier League..

Nottingham Forest! - didn't think Football would be your cup of tea. A best friend of mine in UK supports them, hopefully they improve!!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm Forest.Forest.png
Well, welcome back to the Premier League..

Nottingham Forest! - didn't think Football would be your cup of tea. A best friend of mine in UK supports them, hopefully they improve!!
Well, they've been down...but they're up now. And the team is essentially new, so it's going to take awhile. Still, the ghost of Cloughie floats over the field, so who knows what's possible. :wink:
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

I’m also a fan of polo, ice-hockey, rugby league, the Commonwealth games, snowboarding, the Winter Olympics, the Olympics.

My current sport? of choice is weight-training.. though I do snowboard, played ice-hockey at school level, and athletics at Borough level.

Weights is less strenuous, so my current sport? of choice.. :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:59 am I’m also a fan of polo, ice-hockey, rugby league, the Commonwealth games, snowboarding, the Winter Olympics, the Olympics.

My current sport? of choice is weight-training.. though I do snowboard, played ice-hockey at school level, and athletics at Borough level.

Weights is less strenuous, so my current sport? of choice.. :lol:
Wow!

I didn't play sport for an actual team until I moved to Australia when I was 15 - I played two seasons of Aussie Rules footy for Port Noarlunga..
Eventually I played for Port Lincoln (real football - round ball game!)

When I was in primary school, there was a test where the ball was rolled out to us from the side and you had to kick it hard, as if at a goal...I missed, swung at air...I always look back on that as my big failure, I never had confidence as a child and always tended to dislike the sports teacher.
The sports teacher at St Georges secondary school knew I couldn't stand him. When teachers walked into the class you are supposed to stand...whenever he walked in I'd wait until he demanded I stand!
I hope he knows the reasons why I disliked him. On my last day prior to getting on a plane out of the shithole life of St Georges I had to pick up his final report on me - for my new school in Oz - he shook my hand and basically crushed it, stating "Is there anything wrong Tanner?"

I just shook my head and said no, didn't give the c**t the satisfaction.

Anyway, just watching "Welcome to Wrexham" on Disney+ - fantastic doco on Ryan Reynolds and another US actor buying Welsh team Wrexham - thoroughly recommend it...its sooo good!!