Give me your LotR questions

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Give me your LotR questions

Post by attofishpi »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:30 am Give me your LotR questions
I assume LotR stands for: Last of the Requests (on ones death bed)

atto's last prayer:-
- "Please God, don't make me go to a heaven where there are 72 virgins I have to train. At least give me 5 sluts that can train the multitudes."
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:37 pm

- "Please God, don't make me go to a heaven where there are 72 virgins I have to train. At least give me 5 sluts that can train the multitudes."
OMG that’s freakin’ hilarious…I’m actually wetting myself right now ☔️

Lord of the rings…who you gonna 📞 call….Ricky don’t lose that number!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm

DAM, this is what worries me with posting my gags, that the likes of Gervais might tune in to this nutjob forum and steal my shit! :mrgreen:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:43 pm

DAM, this is what worries me with posting my gags, that the likes of Gervais might tune in to this nutjob forum and steal my shit! :mrgreen:
That gag was seriously funny, it made me howl anyway.

You should do a duet with Rick…but then that would probably hospitalise me, so better not.

I meant the Ricky in that Steely Dan number, but what a steal 😂 😆
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

don't do it y'all cuz you'll regret it. you haven't done it quite yet but yer gettin close. you wanna say it so bad it's killin you.

so when a pretty person posts a picture of themselves, you never purposely initiate a chain of replies that are exclusively about how pretty they are.

they know they're pretty. you know they're pretty. they know you know and you know they know, too. it goes without saying, and you'd only embarrass yourself by engaging in such a superficial social cliche.

and a note for the ugly people. not all pretty people post pictures of themselves to solicit admiration at your expense. again, we pretty people know we're hot... we don't need you to tell us.  

yo homegirl looks like she belongs in a LoTR movie tho lolz.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:46 pm don't do it y'all cuz you'll regret it. you haven't done it quite yet but yer gettin close. you wanna say it so bad it's killin you.

so when a pretty person posts a picture of themselves, you never purposely initiate a chain of replies that are exclusively about how pretty they are.

they know they're pretty. you know they're pretty. they know you know and you know they know, too. it goes without saying, and you'd only embarrass yourself by engaging in such a superficial social cliche.

and a note for the ugly people. not all pretty people post pictures of themselves to solicit admiration at your expense. again, we pretty people know we're hot... we don't need you to tell us.  

No one said it about your photos that you kept posting one after the other (in a desperate search for compliments?) Just saying. I suppose attention-seekers look for it everywhere, no matter how risky.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:23 pm

No one said it about your photos that you kept posting one after the other (in a desperate search for compliments?) Just saying. I suppose attention-seekers look for it everywhere, no matter how risky.
Smile you’re on candid camera.

There’s no one behind the image.

Images are everywhere..on the internet …they’re harmless. Every image is an image of the imageless. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

People are usually harmless- except for those who carry deadly weapons like guns. I wouldn’t trust a person with a gun with a ten foot bargepole….but…images and faces, harmless.

If someone shoots me dead…then personally, they have done me a favour…but that’s just my warped sense of humour.

🤓😀😂
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I don't tend to take advice from the insane.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:49 pm I don't tend to take advice from the insane.
Well that’s very good advice you have given to yourself 🤣
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"No one said it about your photos that you kept posting one after the other"

that's exactly right and you all did very well. you should never compliment, adulate or fawn on a bonafide narcissist, but try to teach him humility and how to be modest by selectively ignoring him.

but mines were snapchat image effects anyway, not clean selfies. i haven't taken a regular selfie in what, three frickin years?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:46 pm don't do it y'all cuz you'll regret it. you haven't done it quite yet but yer gettin close. you wanna say it so bad it's killin you.

This was entertaining lol (and thanks, I think?)
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 pm Best send-up ever.

https://babylonbee.com/news/rings-of-po ... dium=email
I give the first two episodes a 7 out of 10, 6 if only considering the first episode.

The visuals are beyond reproach, but the writing seems to struggle in two ways: first, that it is very meandering and unfocused (but this may simply be the character exposition aspect, Game of Thrones successfully did this the first couple of episodes as well), and then because of some truly stupid writing moments (like Galadriel deciding to take a swim, speaking vaguely so as not to spoil).

I thought all the actors were fine, even good. I expected not to like Elrond or Nori but actually they charmed me the most.

As always I will love Galadriel and despair.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"and thanks, I think?"

No prob. What I'm saying is you CAN quit your job and school and live a LoTR life bro.

Watch. you'd be heir to the delven throne cuz you'd be the offspring of both the elves and dwarves... hence the delven genotype. I just totally made that up. see the dwarven house of Guntrldorf and the eleven house of Tau' Ei formed a union through your conception. You're the delven warrior heiress and uniter of the middle erf races, the one the elders of the mystical race of the Shiznits prophesized would bring an end to sauron and finally take the Ring to a legitimate pawn shop to see what you can get for it.

i should totally be a co-writer with Tolkien huh?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Astro Cat wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:28 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 pm Best send-up ever.

https://babylonbee.com/news/rings-of-po ... dium=email
I give the first two episodes a 7 out of 10, 6 if only considering the first episode.

The visuals are beyond reproach, but the writing seems to struggle in two ways: first, that it is very meandering and unfocused (but this may simply be the character exposition aspect, Game of Thrones successfully did this the first couple of episodes as well), and then because of some truly stupid writing moments (like Galadriel deciding to take a swim, speaking vaguely so as not to spoil).

I thought all the actors were fine, even good. I expected not to like Elrond or Nori but actually they charmed me the most.

As always I will love Galadriel and despair.
Hey, I found out yesterday there is this new Prime series called Rings of Power, and it has something to do with the Lord of the Rings.

I managed to get half way through the first episode but once the snowman was killed I was really dissapointed, and anyway I had to change channel because Joyce Meyer was explaining how the universe began.

Nah, wasn't in da mood - but looks good, I'm certain to continue watching, and fast forward the bits with the angry New Zealand hobbits like Veg.