Oh, Bother.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Oh, Bother.

Post by Harbal »

I’m sick of staying in, but there’s nowhere I want to go, and I crave human company, but there is no one I want to be with. It is a perplexing predicament. Do any of the great philosophers have the answer to it?

No, I thought not. :cry:
Dontaskme

Re: Oh, Bother.

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:58 pm I’m sick of staying in, but there’s nowhere I want to go, and I crave human company, but there is no one I want to be with. It is a perplexing predicament. Do any of the great philosophers have the answer to it?

Hey Harby, don't you know, that on days like these which is probably everyday, you really should be ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxryZSOAThc
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 pm Hey Harby, don't you know, that on days like these which is probably everyday, you really should be ....
Thanks, DAM.

That 7:57 of gettin' my ass on down did me a world of good. :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

People don't understand that so-called 'loners' also crave human company--it's just a very specific kind of human company.
Others just want human company for the sake of it and they don't care who it is. They are the ones who say 'join a club'. I'm definitely not a 'club-joining' type, although I wouldn't mind finding a club full of expert mushroom foragers (purely for culinary purposes of course :wink: ).
I'm intending to go foraging for the first time today, on my own.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm People don't understand that so-called 'loners' also crave human company--it's just a very specific kind of human company.
That's exactly it. I did join something not long back. It was only an hour and a half, twice per month, with six or seven other people. I only went three times and it was absolutely ghastly. There was nothing wrong with the people, but I just couldn't bear being with them. They were probably as relieved as me when I stopped going. :)
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm I'm intending to go foraging for the first time today, on my own.
Don't eat anything you're not sure about.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:43 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm People don't understand that so-called 'loners' also crave human company--it's just a very specific kind of human company.
That's exactly it. I did join something not long back. It was only an hour and a half, twice per month, with six or seven other people. I only went three times and it was absolutely ghastly. There was nothing wrong with the people, but I just couldn't bear being with them. They were probably as relieved as me when I stopped going. :)
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm I'm intending to go foraging for the first time today, on my own.
Don't eat anything you're not sure about.
It would be just my luck to stumble into some 'dealer's' personal patch, although I think scummy old Kiwis are more into meth/ice or cannabis if they are a 'cut above' (meth addicts are at the very bottom of the dung pile). I don't know if you get Netflix (I think I remember you once saying you don't have a TV) but there're some amazing documentaries on fungi called 'Fantastic fungi' and 'How to change your mind'.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I ate a raw amanita muscaria one time because fuckin Robert Plant ate one in a scene in 'the song remains the same' and I thought it wuz cool to eat them and that they'd make you trip. Well I didn't feel anything but nauseous and my neck swelled up. I wuz like fifteen. I don't think Robert really ate that thing bro.

https://youtu.be/MB3O-NlcrBc
vegetariantaxidermy

It's the ones with psilocybin that researchers are interested in. I always thought toadstools were poisonous. No wonder your neck swelled up.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

psilocybin indeed. i think the muscaria has intoxicating properties but has to be prepared somehow... but i ain't sure.

i have quite a history with psilocybin tho. my first experience involved splitting a quarter (four grams each) and driving a toyota Corolla at night through lightly falling snow for ten miles while listening to Yes's Fragile. we had to pick homeboy up, that's why i wuz drivin. it was so incredibly magical man with the snow in the headlights and the music and neither zonk nor myself could stop laughing it was so wonderful. it was like a serotonin dopamine overload. my whole amygdala was saturated with it. it was totally dreamlike, especially the effects of the snow flakes and headlights. i wuzzint at all impaired tho. I was high as fuck but my motor skill judgements weren't distorted. Shrooms have chemicals with molecular similarities to synthetic speed and methamphetamine if I remember reading correctly. You don't get sloppy on shrooms.
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:52 am psilocybin indeed. i think the muscaria has intoxicating properties but has to be prepared somehow... but i ain't sure.

i have quite a history with psilocybin tho. my first experience involved splitting a quarter (four grams each) and driving a toyota Corolla at night through lightly falling snow for ten miles while listening to Yes's Fragile. we had to pick homeboy up, that's why i wuz drivin. it was so incredibly magical man with the snow in the headlights and the music and neither zonk nor myself could stop laughing it was so wonderful. it was like a serotonin dopamine overload. my whole amygdala was saturated with it. it was totally dreamlike, especially the effects of the snow flakes and headlights. i wuzzint at all impaired tho. I was high as fuck but my motor skill judgements weren't distorted. Shrooms have chemicals with molecular similarities to synthetic speed and methamphetamine if I remember reading correctly. You don't get sloppy on shrooms.
Not meth. Psylocybin is non addictive, like other hallucinogenics such as LSD. Humans have been eating the mushrooms since prehistoric times.
Anyway, people who only rabbit on about themselves all the time are a gigantic bore.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Right I should have just said 'stimulant' like properties. Admittedly the meth comparison was bad.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:58 pm I’m sick of staying in, but there’s nowhere I want to go, and I crave human company, but there is no one I want to be with. It is a perplexing predicament. Do any of the great philosophers have the answer to it?

I like being alone, just me and my dog..and I like the quiet time to get on with my stuff without constant interuption. Tech is good now for chatting to family anywhere in the world with video also.

I remember a scene in some film from the 80s where there some bloke was chatting through a small device in his hand (like todays mobiles) with video, and I thought to myself as if that's gonna be possible in my lifetime...well, we got that and a lot more - I love tech.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:38 pm
I remember a scene in some film from the 80s where there some bloke was chatting through a small device in his hand (like todays mobiles) with video, and I thought to myself as if that's gonna be possible in my lifetime...well, we got that and a lot more - I love tech.
Do you think the day will ever come when we can say, "beam me to isle 2 at Tesco, Alexa, I've run out of bread?".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:03 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:38 pm
Do you think the day will ever come when we can say, "beam me to isle 2 at Tesco, Alexa, I've run out of bread?".
It's already here. This system we are in - "God" could present you to Tescos or you could get it to transfer the bread to your bread bin....but life is a lot more interesting when you have to go to the shops! :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:38 pm I like being alone, just me and my dog..and I like the quiet time to get on with my stuff without constant interuption.
I like being alone in solitude. Just me and my two cats. But every now and again I get a tad bit bat shit crazy, where I turn into a MAD-DAM ...I turn into a really nice, polite and respectful girl.

And it's times like that, is when I usually do not mind my interupted free life from being interupted.
This Mad Dam girl is about to be interupted, isn't that right Harbal ?

Are you ready to get super extra creative, beyond another level, above and beyond what you are normally accustomed to?