Oh, Bother.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Oh, Bother.

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:50 am This Mad Dam girl is about to be interupted, isn't that right Harbal ?
Interuption can be good, but don't let yourself be disrupted. Always be ready to put your foot down, and don't stand for any nonesense; especially from me. :)
Are you ready to get super extra creative, beyond another level,
Yes, I'm ready, I'm ready.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:07 pm Always be ready to put your foot down, and don't stand for any nonesense; especially from me. :)
Hey, wasn't the nonsense stuff always my department?

And isn't it your department to be standing for sense? :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:21 pm Hey, wasn't the nonsense stuff always my department?

Not exactly; it's just that my nonesense sounds more plausible than yours. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:21 pm Hey, wasn't the nonsense stuff always my department?

Not exactly; it's just that my nonesense sounds more plausible than yours. :wink:
As a certified insane person, I hope that the next time I am down under (in a clock-wise sense) that an entire bunch of us can have a right royal piss up - even throwing the years worth of shit yorkshire puddings at each other as a finale!!

(we should even allow some of those USAdians that don't understand the British Empire and its Commonwealth...since they became extremely naughty)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:28 pm
Well that's a relief then, at least one of us will be sensible enough to dissuade me from being an idiot. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Are you ready to get super extra creative, beyond another level,
Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:07 pmYes, I'm ready, I'm ready.
Have you come down off that 'No one' called you on your phone today Harbal?

Nobody here knocking at my door
The sound of silence I can't take anymore
Nobody ringing my telephone now
Oh how I miss such a beautiful sound
And I don't even know how I survive
I won't make it to the show without your light
No I don't even know if I'm alive
Oh, oh, oh without you now
This is what it feels like
Nothing to hold but the memories and frames
Oh they remind me of the battle I face
Without your love, without you I drown
Somebody save me I'm going down
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Oh shit...someone is going to have to invent a vomit emoti.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:29 am Oh shit...someone is going to have to invent a vomit emoti.

He's just love sick right now. I'm getting a bit worried that cloud 9 has completey consumed him. :cry:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:29 am Oh shit...someone is going to have to invent a vomit emoti.
Don't you believe in the power of love, Fishy? :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:33 am
Don't you believe in the power of love, Fishy? :)
Of course, I am still existing because of it...but you of all people would also understand the power of humour :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:38 am
Of course, I am still existing because of it...but you of all people would also understand the power of humour :wink:
No one takes humour more seriously than I do. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:42 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:38 am
No one takes humour more seriously than I do. :wink:
That's it, next time I'm down under I might have to argue with you..and you better have more than burnt Y puddings to throw.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Why has it taken us so long Harbal, is, we were never looking for love. Love found us. :wink:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:58 pm I’m sick of staying in, but there’s nowhere I want to go, and I crave human company, but there is no one I want to be with. It is a perplexing predicament. Do any of the great philosophers have the answer to it?

No, I thought not. :cry:
I would offer only this guess...that maybe the people of whom you can presently think do not relate to you in a way that you actually want at present, or that you are finding fulfilling of some desired kind of interaction. That would explain why, though you might know many people, you don't want to see anybody in particular, but still feel a craving for human company.

I submit that it's possible to be in the midst of many people...say, on a busy, urban street, but still feel oneself unconnected. Or it's possible to go to a dinner party, and find all the conversation trivial or not-to-the-point in some way; and thus to feel lonely and detached, even though one is in company and one cannot pin down exactly what one is missing.

So too, it must be possible to sit at home, and run the list of one's known acquaintances, and find that while all of them are jolly fellows in certain contexts, none is quite appropriate for some need one is feeling at the moment. And if so, there's nothing so strange about that, is there?

Plausible?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:33 pm
I would offer only this guess...that maybe the people of whom you can presently think do not relate to you in a way that you actually want at present, or that you are finding fulfilling of some desired kind of interaction. That would explain why, though you might know many people, you don't want to see anybody in particular, but still feel a craving for human company.

I submit that it's possible to be in the midst of many people...say, on a busy, urban street, but still feel oneself unconnected. Or it's possible to go to a dinner party, and find all the conversation trivial or not-to-the-point in some way; and thus to feel lonely and detached, even though one is in company and one cannot pin down exactly what one is missing.

So too, it must be possible to sit at home, and run the list of one's known acquaintances, and find that while all of them are jolly fellows in certain contexts, none is quite appropriate for some need one is feeling at the moment. And if so, there's nothing so strange about that, is there?

Plausible?
I'm just not a social person, and the type of people I enjoy spending time with are not very thick on the ground. I don't know how complicated the phsychology behind that may be, but that is the situation put simply.