Oh, Bother.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Oh, Bother.

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 am Well, I apologise, people that don't quote WHO is actually speaking get me caught out, turns out this new idiot pattern-chaser said it:
Pattern-chaser wrote:"When I speak I do not speak as Immanuel Can, I simply mouth what is stated in Biblical texts as being 'absolutely true'. You do not believe me? Well, that means that you do not believe God. And there will be a punishment for you because you did not believe God. In just a few short years you will be in Hell."
Do you agree with that statement?
What pattern-chaser sees, I can't tell you.

What I can tell you is that neither God nor I wishes you, or anybody, any such fate. But I'll let somebody else explain a very different perspective to you. In this case, it's Penn Jillette, famous for both magicianship and his ardent Atheism.

“I’ve always said that I don’t respect people who don’t proselytize. I don’t respect that at all. If you believe that there’s a heaven and a hell, and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life, and you think that it’s not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward—and atheists who think people shouldn’t proselytize and who say just leave me along and keep your religion to yourself—how much do you have to hate somebody to not proselytize? How much do you have to hate somebody to believe everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?

“I mean, if I believed, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that a truck was coming at you, and you didn’t believe that truck was bearing down on you, there is a certain point where I tackle you. And this is more important than that.”

He's absolutely right. The kind of callousness and wickedness you're attributing to me would actually be much more likely expressed as a complete unwillingness to speak about what God says. If I desired your death, or the death of others, I would surely fall silent and say no more. And if God wished me to do so, would I not do it? Of course; for that would be the most expeditions means to guarantee the outcome you accuse me of wanting.

But in point of fact, you're absolutely wrong, and couldn't be more wrong. Since I believe what I believe, I speak what I believe, and hope that as many people as possible can know it. For I have my own answer to make to God, even if I didn't also have a duty to you, which I do.

Be careful what you wish for. One day will the last day anyboody tells you this.
I had my Judgement Day just two months ago, July btw.
Well, I don't doubt you had a tough time. Life has many such, and some worse for some people than others. Some of these plausibly may be "judgments," but far more often they're just vicissitudes, difficulties, trials and the results of life in a fallen world. They fall to all of us alike, so long as we are here, and they signal nothing about God's final assessment of us. Those who read the Book of Job know this.

But if you're still on this Earth, then final judgment's not what you had.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Last edited by attofishpi on Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:42 pm Answer the question? Do you agree with THIS FOLLOWING statement:

"When I speak I do not speak as Immanuel Can, I simply mouth what is stated in Biblical texts as being 'absolutely true'. You do not believe me? Well, that means that you do not believe God. And there will be a punishment for you because you did not believe God. In just a few short years you will be in Hell."
I did. The statement's wrong on several scores, and I corrected your misapprehension of it as best I can.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:19 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:21 am Well, I apologise, people that don't quote WHO is actually speaking get me caught out, turns out this new idiot pattern-chaser said it:
Pattern-chaser wrote:"When I speak I do not speak as Immanuel Can, I simply mouth what is stated in Biblical texts as being 'absolutely true'. You do not believe me? Well, that means that you do not believe God. And there will be a punishment for you because you did not believe God. In just a few short years you will be in Hell."
Do you agree with that statement?
What pattern-chaser sees, I can't tell you.

What I can tell you is that neither God nor I wishes you, or anybody, any such fate.
GOD KNOWS you are a coward of barely any faith. What God wishes is that U wise UP.

The question was simple...whether to agree or not..as to whether God's love includes burning any entity animal/human other for eternity...U stupid twat
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:14 pm The question was simple...
The question was answered. But I can't read it and understand it for you. That, you have to do yourself.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Harbal wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:58 pm I’m sick of staying in, but there’s nowhere I want to go, and I crave human company, but there is no one I want to be with. It is a perplexing predicament. Do any of the great philosophers have the answer to it?

No, I thought not. :cry:
All humans crave this, humans weren't meant to be alone. plane and simple. We are social creatures, are mind literally makes faces out of objects because we have this subconscious notion to connect with everything we can. but we all connect differently, that's why some people see faces in the clouds and some people don't. And like wise.

But then senior mind understands the way of humans and is repulsed by that like others and myself, that's why we sometimes struggle because we clash with ourselves.,