Question of the Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Question of the Day

Post by Walker »

Not many smiling faces from the days when photography was new.

Now, say cheese.

When and why the crossover?
Walker

Re: Question of the Day

Post by Walker »

- Because Socrates claimed to know nothing, because attorneys don’t ask a question unless they know the answer, and because law schools claim to teach the Socratic method, then either Socrates or those riding on his coat-tails (toga-tails) pulled a fast one.

- Which one?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

My question of the day would be, why do some people think it's cool to not speak in plain English?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:06 pm My question of the day would be, why do some people think it's cool to not speak in plain English?
Hey Harbal. When cool never enters the intent of the speaker, but the hearer in some way perceives cool, perhaps perceived as an intent of the speaker, then what is the nature of that perception of the hearer? Well, I'll tell you. It's a projection by the hearer upon the intent of the speaker, and this projection is based on either the projector's knowing intent, unknown intent, or it causes a memory that causes the projector to perceive that memory and respond to that memory, rather than see, or perhaps hear with the mental ear, and perhaps feel with your heart, the content and intent of the actual speaker to whom you are responding.

Yep. That's about the size of it.

:)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 pm
Hey Harbal. When cool never enters the intent of the speaker, but the hearer in some way perceives cool, perhaps perceived as an intent of the speaker, then what is the nature of that perception of the hearer? Well, I'll tell you. It's a projection by the hearer upon the intent of the speaker, and this projection is based on either the projector's knowing intent, unknown intent, or it causes a memory that causes the projector to perceive that memory and respond to that memory, rather than see, or perhaps hear with the mental ear, and perhaps feel with your heart, the content and intent of the actual speaker to whom you are responding.
See, that wasn't so hard, was it? :)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Not for me, but the hardness is determined by ear impact, not to be confused with impacted ear. Neither be it hard from the perspective of difficulty, since in time hard becomes effortless even for the aural.

The question is, why the Harbal sea change from silence to silent word sounds?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

an anti-government sentiment relies on a false dichotomy that has to be made in order to make sense as a force; that there is 'government' and there is 'people', that often these two are at odds, and that for some reason there must be these two classes in the first place.

granting that, the thing the anti-authoritarian Right oppose exists... and here is the wonderful irony... as an entity in a system that is actually the perfect antithesis to the marxist system (proletarian government) they think they're opposed to, and so the authority they believe they are fighting against comes to eventually characterize the imaginary marxist state they collectively (the Right) hallucinate together in their heads.

a brief axiom to always remember; any government official and/or entity that was genuinely 'marxist' would immediately and willingly dismantle and/or transfer it's power to the working population somehow.

BUT, you'd have to have already had a revolution for that to be possible... how else would the working people receive that power and responsibility?

practically speaking... no what am I saying, logically speaking... a 'marxist politician' is an oxymoron, and your whole parliamentary government plan is just the hopeless continuation of the tried and failed representative democratic libertarian bi partisan systems born of the revolutions against the old monarchies.

still you haven't given direct power to the working people, and your free market experiment has turned out to be failing the vast majority of hard working people. and i ain't no bleeding heart liberal neither. i said hard working people, not the lumpenproletariat bum three times divorced with four kids who fakes a handicap or something to get a free disability check he then spends on oxycodones and bob seager tickets.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i need to find a Frege for Dummies or have one of u guys explain the significance of the 'sense and reference' theory in such a way so that a pseudo-intellectual with an average/bright IQ like myself goes 'holy heuristics, i see why that's extraordinary' after you are done.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

My question of the day is: why would vance say that?

Okay let's play find that fallacy. in the ohio debate, ryan points out that vance calls rape merely 'inconvenient' when in fact it's a significant tragedy. ryan then mentions the recent rape incident with the ten year old girl having to leave the state to get an abortion, etc. vance's counter-offensive is to say the rapist was an illegal immigrant, and that thanks to Democrats like ryan, this kind of stuff is happening.

now what do you immediately notice if you have even a lick of sense? the majority of rapes that occur in the U.S. are committed by Americans, not illegal immigrants. so that was a null point made to distract. the painful part is that vance duddint realize he's doing it. he didn't think first 'i know americans commit most rapes and immigration is irrelevant here but I'll still use this tactic, etc.' instead, the guy really is that stupid and underhanded. he wuzzint even tryna deceive and distract. it came naturally.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Who is on first...

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:27 pm
... a brief axiom to always remember; any government official and/or entity that was genuinely 'marxist' would immediately and willingly dismantle and/or transfer it's power to the working population somehow.
In his best-selling book, Mark Levin draws the distinction between "genuine marxism" and American Marxism, which is the title of the book.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i argue that a certain amount of dust accumulating on the top of the ceiling fan blade is actually a good thing. this occured to me upon my analysis of the situation before deciding to get a big ass ladder and go all the way up there and clean the blades.

follow my reasoning here; as the dust collects it gives the blade more surface mass and acts as a viscous net so to speak which catches more dust, becoming a kind of twirling air filter.

consider that while the dust collected never falls off, even if it did, there would be no additional dust added to the amount of total dust in the house.

given these considerations, unless one had either already substantial air filtering or cleaning ladies every week, wouldn't one want to leave the dust up there?

think about it. where would that dust be right now if it wasn't on the fan blades. G'head go look at the blades, I'll wait.

see all that? that crap would be settled somewhere else in the house or still floating in the air.

if your hvac return filter didn't get it before the fan blades got it, it wuddint gonna get it anyway cuz it woulda got it if it was gonna get it.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Okay I'll admit it. I never bothered to follow the sandy hook conspiracy stuff and just thought your boy Alex wuz spinning more unfounded boloney. I just stumbled on this and I'm like holy shit wtf. Like am I the only one here who doesn't know the details of this thing? If like me u don't, absolutely watch this video. Wtf man.

https://vimeo.com/260082843
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:45 pm Not many smiling faces from the days when photography was new.

Now, say cheese.

When and why the crossover?
I'm pretty certain it stems from the days of being painted - sitting still - but more, that the aperture speed on the original cameras was so slow, and people had to sit very still otherwise the shot would blur (people don't tend to smile for long periods, it feels disingenuous).
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

are u guys gonna get some Trump trading cards? they're only $99 each.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ding-cards

(lol it's so bad for the poor sod now that even Fox is fuckin with em)

th-941858600.jpg
th-941858600.jpg (50.4 KiB) Viewed 1250 times