Well fuck me - isnt it check mate

White Queen to F4

Takes the black pawn

Bishop protects Queen - check mate

woops, black Knight will take Queen
promethean75

Re: True Story of the Day

Post by promethean75 »

nah it's not a bad middle game board at all for either side. they did their shit right. it does look good tho for white so long as he keeps the pressure on. black's king is gonna have a hard time getting out of that jam on the right side of the board.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

white knight to f5 would begin a battle for possession of that square, but in the end white's gonna get that knight at d7, so the exchange will be about equal.

the problem is, white needs to stay on the right side of the board and work with one of those knights and that bishop sniper. if white queen takes black knight after the battle for f5, the pressure is off and black will begin bringing in reinforcements. we need to think about this, mate.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

promcast #718, on the the principles of rubbernecking and news desensitization.

https://voca.ro/18sd6EyEk4nW
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

gah it really is a decent board if u look at it. forget the battle for f5 cuz it won't work out. white will be down two knights and white queen will be displaced if it takes black knight.... and being one move behind is critically dangerous here. white can't afford to leave those far right files and have to fight that jam to get back over there. by then, black's positioned his rooks defensively and there's no springing a mate on the right side.

it's gotta be white knight to h5 then.

Knight to f5 looks so tempting becuz it's a power move and would lighten the board of that middle file jam. Both players really want it to happen but white duddint wanna give up two knights to do so, even if he gets a black knight and a couple pawns in the exchange.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Let me tell you a story about a bloke called Brian, an aeroplane, and a game of chess.

Twas a long flight from somewhere in the lower hemisphere, a place almost opposite to the destination, in the upper hemisphere.

So.

Everyone was asleep on the plane, it was dark, except Brian and the screen somehow attached to the seat in front of him. Brian clicked through the menu options until he came across something worthy of his quest. Chess.

Chess was underway in no time as people kipped all around the lad. After some time of playing, Brian realised the computer had him fucked.

Brian was going to lose the game of chess.

What was Brian to do?

So.

Brian decided...kamakaze time, lets start killing major players and see if I can outwit the ducking compooter.

..and so Brian did, Knights fell, Bishops succumbed..Brian knew his strategy...to move his pieces where the opposition King would be in check, while the same piece could take another, pawn, knight, bishop...Queeen.

We chased each other around the board with barely a remaining peice.

...close to a stalemate...but...Brian saw the kill, and went for it.

CHECKMATE!!!!!

Brian let out a yell of delight...and woke many people up. It was uncontrollable by this stage (unfortunately Brian is a git)

The fat woman to Brian's right that seemed to have every right to bulge over the arm rest into wot Brian would have thought was Brian territory awoke in shock...

Brian looked at her, with a grin and said "Sorry to wake you, but I just beat the aeroplane computer at chess. Now let us pray that it doesn't get upset and aim for the ground."
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the punchline was decent. let's hope I didn't piss the plane off by beating it in chess. hahahaha.

i have a not so funny chess story. i beat this black gangster guy in jail one time and he got mad and flipped the board and in an attempt to gain at least some upperhand, began insulting my strategy sayin things like 'yo u chasing pawns bro that's some weak ass shit, etc'. sour grapes stuff. anyway i mellowed him out and in explaining why i played as i had, I complimented him at how he played x and y when it happened, etc. flattering the fellow seemed to abate his rage and i diffused the situation. and rightly so, for had there been a physical altercation I would have shirley been doomed. there is no such thing as a 'one on one' fight with a gang member if u start kicking one guys ass. they all jump in. moreover, i wuzzint entirely sure i could beat the one guy up for christ sakes, much less all his buddies.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"White team has clearly made some dumb arse moves - especially with the pawns early on."

i dunno mate, how do u determine what is dumb? we can't know what transpired... well yeah we can... it's explicable. black queen and knight blitzed the left side and cleaned out all of whites pawns. white prolly castled right before or as it happened and forgot about those pawns. we can infer this by looking at the present board positions. okay.

but that's not necessarily a bad thing in that context becuz white is castled and defended by rooks... so loss of pawns on the left side isn't terribly important.

what's happening is, black is over confident with that queen-knight duo way over there and has left his king in a fucked up corner situation. black's pieces are not communicating well. white's are.

black queen-knight pair is ineffective now that they've sacked the pawns on the left side. white rooks got the lower ranks under control.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Lol siriusly look at black queen and aks yourself 'how the fuck am I gonna get back over there in less than three moves'. She's quite literally cut off from the calvary.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the date is jan 22, 2023. This is criminal psychologist, investigator and time traveller prom75. I've arrived in Florida, 1989. After lunch at the Naked Lady Salon :

th-2274451158.jpg
th-2274451158.jpg (40.59 KiB) Viewed 384 times

... I've joined detective Dennis Couch and Theodore Robert Bundy at Florida State Prison, two days before Ted's execution.

@ 1:11:30 it becomes clear that with Ted exhausted and all execution stays denied, the location of certain remains may never be found and the families will get no closure. thus i reject the death penalty as gross negligence and irresponsibility on the part of the state, in this case. Authorities should keep Bundy alive if only to get that closure for the victim's families.... something worth far more than what would be spent on Ted if he were to serve a life sentence.

Discuss.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

NOTICE: we will be testing old sparky this evening and will proceed with the execution tomorrow morning unless there are any final stays. If u experience any problems with the lighting, it will only be brief. thank you.

78ik7j.jpg
78ik7j.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 346 times

78ikjc.jpg
78ikjc.jpg (39.02 KiB) Viewed 346 times

78ikrl.jpg
78ikrl.jpg (31.2 KiB) Viewed 346 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

78il4s.jpg
78il4s.jpg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 346 times
promethean75