True Story of the Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: True Story of the Day

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:48 pm I'm blowin up man. I'm turning down jobs becuz i have no employees and I don't know what 2 do. faced with a profound decision, a collision of conscience... my commitment to the working class struggle and the emancipation of the proletariat, which i have been faithful to my entire intellectual life, is now called into question; do i become the very capitalist I vowed to destroy?
Yes!!

promethean75 wrote:if i were to reason my way through this i would have to justify employing wage workers only if i can offer them better conditions than my competitors... but then if better conditions for the proletariat is what i aim for, I would stay true to my marxist sentiments and lead them to revolution. so clearly I don't give a damn about the working class and only wanna use em so i can exploit em to make bigger bank on my jobs.
Everything within reason - of making everyone a few bucks - with an additional buck for you.

promethean75 wrote:my pockets would get fatter, but my soul would grow thinner. u know what i can't believe I'm[quote=promethean75 even talking like this. where's your goddamn principles dude? what would Lenin say?
Fuck Lenin. Communism is for stupid cunts that want a workforce full of boring souless chumps that have no reason to dream - BIG. A directionless boring zombie workforce, reluctant to get out of bed each morning.

Get some workers - they WANT to work. Give them a morning cuppa and pep talk - "Let's dream big guys, first this decking for Delcee, then decking for Detroit - we can then down our tools and be the foremen for the next generation!!:"

MAKE MONEY!!!! ...make me proud Prom!! 8)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I... I never thought of it that way.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:48 pm I'm blowin up man. I'm turning down jobs becuz i have no employees and I don't know what 2 do. faced with a profound decision, a collision of conscience... my commitment to the working class struggle and the emancipation of the proletariat, which i have been faithful to my entire intellectual life, is now called into question; do i become the very capitalist I vowed to destroy?

if i were to reason my way through this i would have to justify employing wage workers only if i can offer them better conditions than my competitors... but then if better conditions for the proletariat is what i aim for, I would stay true to my marxist sentiments and lead them to revolution. so clearly I don't give a damn about the working class and only wanna use em so i can exploit em to make bigger bank on my jobs.

my pockets would get fatter, but my soul would grow thinner. u know what i can't believe I'm even talking like this. where's your goddamn principles dude? what would Lenin say?
If you could engineer a revolution you could maintain your proud independence of the established culture, but you probably can't. In which case you need to beaver away from inside the established culture. Without heroics your soul would be nourished by small small increments as long as your principles are intact.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am
Yes!!

promethean75 wrote:if i were to reason my way through this i would have to justify employing wage workers only if i can offer them better conditions than my competitors... but then if better conditions for the proletariat is what i aim for, I would stay true to my marxist sentiments and lead them to revolution. so clearly I don't give a damn about the working class and only wanna use em so i can exploit em to make bigger bank on my jobs.
Everything within reason - of making everyone a few bucks - with an additional buck for you.

promethean75 wrote:my pockets would get fatter, but my soul would grow thinner. u know what i can't believe I'm[quote=promethean75 even talking like this. where's your goddamn principles dude? what would Lenin say?
Fuck Lenin. Communism is for stupid cunts that want a workforce full of boring souless chumps that have no reason to dream - BIG.
Well this is EXACTLY what is happening with, and occurring because of, 'capitalism'.
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am A directionless boring zombie workforce, reluctant to get out of bed each morning.
And how MANY actual 'workers' actually JUMP OUT of bed, smiling, and can't wait to get back to work, to do 'it' all over again?
attofishpi wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am Get some workers - they WANT to work. Give them a morning cuppa and pep talk - "Let's dream big guys, first this decking for Delcee, then decking for Detroit - we can then down our tools and be the foremen for the next generation!!:"

MAKE MONEY!!!! ...make me proud Prom!! 8)
LOL 'make money' was just about ALL the adult human beings could think of and dream about, in the days when this was being written. THUS, the Truly MESSED UP 'world' that 'they' once CREATED and LIVED WITH and IN.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:24 am I... I never thought of it that way.
And this was HOW SIMPLE and EASY it WAS for 'them' to get MISLED and LED ASTRAY.

Once they had 'money' IN-SIGHT, then 'they' could and would BELIEVE just about ANY thing, which would LEAD 'them' to OBTAINING 'MORE MONEY'.

Even WHEN this one KNOWS what 'it' is thinking and dreaming here is Wrong, and goes TOTALLY AGAINST BETTER JUDGMENT 'it' could be SO EASILY and SO SIMPLY 'convinced', literally, OTHER WISE.

Through 'wisdom' 'they' KNEW what was Right and True, but through 'greed' 'they' would THINK OTHER (than) WISE and/or IN OTHER WAYS.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:33 am

if i were to reason my way through this i would have to justify employing wage workers only if i can offer them better conditions than my competitors... but then if better conditions for the proletariat is what i aim for, I would stay true to my marxist sentiments and lead them to revolution. so clearly I don't give a damn about the working class and only wanna use em so i can exploit em to make bigger bank on my jobs.

my pockets would get fatter, but my soul would grow thinner. u know what i can't believe I'm even talking like this. where's your goddamn principles dude? what would Lenin say?
If you could engineer a revolution you could maintain your proud independence of the established culture, but you probably can't. In which case you need to beaver away from inside the established culture. Without heroics your soul would be nourished by small small increments as long as your principles are intact.
Well OBVIOUSLY they are NOT here.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:24 am I... I never thought of it that way.
I'm pretty certain that's not sarcasm! But ya, yer atto looks at things from different perspectives - cracks allow the light in.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

one of the inequities i experience daily living with a cat lady is having to listen to her answer at least fifteen possible spam calls, immediately interrogate the person on the other end, demand they never call again, and rudely hang up. I'm hardly ever here, but when i am, this is all i hear.

the rough, grating, short-of-breath sound an old woman from New York who's smoked all her life screeching at an indian guy on the phone. I'm just saying not all of em are scams... just some of em. but think the jewish guy's mom who u always hear but never see on the big bang theory. just like that. it's the most horrible thing you've ever heard. the most dreadful sound you would ever hear issued from the mouth of a human. like a dying crow or something, flopping around on the ground having a seizure.

now, the only other option is to let the landline ring eight times, pick up, leave the message... but then u gotta play the whole thing before u delete it (phone won't let u just delete it).

if she wasn't a cat lady with an eighty IQ, she'd be able to naturally, if slowly, learn how to use a smart phone and elminate the landline.

another example of such paltry abhorrence is her tendency to commit, if needed, an hour of time being disconnected over and over and arguing with automated answering systems and representatives on the phone over two dollars and three cents on a bill or something.... or the insistence that she get her dollar back for the tomato that wuz too soft.... twenty minutes on hold waiting for the manager, listening to elevator music on speaker phone sitting at a desk playing candy crush on a computer with a cat pacing back and forth across the desk in front of her. three different vapes at once plugged in the computer charging. a stack of small paper notepad notes nine inches high beside the computer monitor becuz she still writes shit down becuz she can't open the windows note pad and/or save a note.

fortunately i wuz quick enough to record so that i might have evidence enough to convince, and therefore perhaps draw some sympathy from, u guys, that i do, indeed, by some ill-mannered measure of fate, by some irreconcilable standard of the worst fortune, take residence with a genuine cat lady and experience a plight unique only to this kind of atrocity, this kind of suffering.

abandon all hope ye who enter this house, one would not inappropriately read above the door if read above the door, one did. 

promcast #414 two-part episode; amswering machines and smart phones.

a short but effective polemical attack on technologically outdated cat ladies with COPD who argue for hours on phones with grocery store managers, bank tellers, landscapers, insurance agents... the kind of person who spends the entire time talking about everything wrong with them and how expensive everything is whenever on the phone with a sibling or friend; the terminal complainer type.

https://voca.ro/14RP803Nr21x

https://voca.ro/1gyDwoL0HE1f

p.s. I need one of more of u guys, preferably atheists, to move down here and put your name up to get us a place. In return for this favor, I got the deposit and the rent.... forever. Or as long as u stay. You're credit is not in danger becuz I could pay the rent twice a month if I had'ta. Kay thanks.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:52 pm one of the inequities i experience daily living with a cat lady is having to listen to her answer at least fifteen possible spam calls, immediately interrogate the person on the other end, demand they never call again, and rudely hang up. I'm hardly ever here, but when i am, this is all i hear.

the rough, grating, short-of-breath sound an old woman from New York who's smoked all her life screeching at an indian guy on the phone. I'm just saying not all of em are scams... just some of em. but think the jewish guy's mom who u always hear but never see on the big bang theory. just like that. it's the most horrible thing you've ever heard. the most dreadful sound you would ever hear issued from the mouth of a human. like a dying crow or something, flopping around on the ground having a seizure.

now, the only other option is to let the landline ring eight times, pick up, leave the message... but then u gotta play the whole thing before u delete it (phone won't let u just delete it).

if she wasn't a cat lady with an eighty IQ, she'd be able to naturally, if slowly, learn how to use a smart phone and elminate the landline.

another example of such paltry abhorrence is her tendency to commit, if needed, an hour of time being disconnected over and over and arguing with automated answering systems and representatives on the phone over two dollars and three cents on a bill or something.... or the insistence that she get her dollar back for the tomato that wuz too soft.... twenty minutes on hold waiting for the manager, listening to elevator music on speaker phone sitting at a desk playing candy crush on a computer with a cat pacing back and forth across the desk in front of her. three different vapes at once plugged in the computer charging. a stack of small paper notepad notes nine inches high beside the computer monitor becuz she still writes shit down becuz she can't open the windows note pad and/or save a note.

fortunately i wuz quick enough to record so that i might have evidence enough to convince, and therefore perhaps draw some sympathy from, u guys, that i do, indeed, by some ill-mannered measure of fate, by some irreconcilable standard of the worst fortune, take residence with a genuine cat lady and experience a plight unique only to this kind of atrocity, this kind of suffering.
Nearly all of that extremely irritating and screeching noise I can hear on those two links appear to be the voice of a "male". Which CERTAINLY DOES NOT provide ANY evidence of what you are CLAIMING here. Unless, of course, that truly irritating voice we can hear is of the 'that lady'.

Also, from the ACTUAL evidence that you have provided here it might well be that the "OTHER" person and NOT the one we can hear here is the one who is Truly SUFFERING in INEQUALITY circumstances.

Imagine having to HAVE TO LISTEN to that CONDESCENDING voice that we can hear on those links.
promethean75 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:52 pm abandon all hope ye who enter this house, one would not inappropriately read above the door if read above the door, one did. 

promcast #414 two-part episode; amswering machines and smart phones.

a short but effective polemical attack on technologically outdated cat ladies with COPD who argue for hours on phones with grocery store managers, bank tellers, landscapers, insurance agents... the kind of person who spends the entire time talking about everything wrong with them and how expensive everything is whenever on the phone with a sibling or friend; the terminal complainer type.

https://voca.ro/14RP803Nr21x

https://voca.ro/1gyDwoL0HE1f

p.s. I need one of more of u guys, preferably atheists, to move down here and put your name up to get us a place. In return for this favor, I got the deposit and the rent.... forever. Or as long as u stay. You're credit is not in danger becuz I could pay the rent twice a month if I had'ta. Kay thanks.
Can you REALLY NOT get a place by "yourself"?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

it's my voice dude becuz it's my promcast. sometimes i have guests on the show and sometimes i just verbally abuse people.

here's the fuckin problem with renting. first imma felon sex defender with bad credit and second, all the nice apartments for rent are the ones owned by big rental agencies, not small guys who'll give a guy like me a break. big renters won't fuck with me becuz they don't want a prevert living in the neighborhood like mr. Rogers on the down low. why would they rent a unit to me when somebody with no record is right behind me ready to get it?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the advertisers for the chase unlimited card and the cash back perk specifically, were faced with a challenge which they overcame very well by selecting kevin hart. here's why. there's no other way to produce a catchy commercial to advertise the use of the cash back perk. u would have to show someone engaged in an endless procession of making pruchases just to get the cash back, even if such... or actually specifically becuz... the vast majority of purchases are impractical and unrealistic. for example u wouldn't drive thirty minutes to some department store to buy something u neither need nor want, just to get seven cents back on the purchase.

but that's precisely what keven hart does in the commercial... and that's exactly what they needed to do to advertise the perk effectively. and since that idea is obnoxious and silly on its face, the guy has to be obnoxious and silly to be able to play the part.

i really should be writing commercials man becuz i know how those guys think.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i empathize with big Ed Kemper's disgust with his mother. i know this digust all too well. especially how me maintained his sense of humor saying something like 'she still wouldn't shut up' as he stuffed her vocal chords down the garbage disposal only for them to be spat back out at him. now that's some funny shit.... the way he explained it:

"He also cut out her tongue and larynx and put them in the garbage disposal. However, the garbage disposal could not break down the tough vocal cords and ejected the tissue back into the sink. "That seemed appropriate, as much as she'd bitched and screamed and yelled at me over so many years", Kemper later said."

what i don't understand - and this is something peculiar and weird about Eddie's psychology - is why he sexually violated her corpse. that makes absolutely no sense to me. for me, having such a level of disgust for something makes me want to be as far away from it as i can (i literally hold my breath when she walks by and won't eat anything she's put her hands on), makes me want to destroy it, to pulverize it down to its last atom and wipe it out of existence forever.

my mother, who began poisoning me before i wuz even born with her chain smoking (likely the cause of the leg length discrepancy that has plagued me my entire life), is now hording thirty pound zip lock bags of cat shit from the litter box in the back room becuz she's too much of a lazy piece of shit to walk outside and put it in the trash can.

she'll carry around a single piece of tissue in her pocket and spit into it three or four times before she gets a new one. she says she's 'frugal', and yet a single tissue costs a fraction of a cent. this means that not only is she incredibly gross, but she's also too dumb to grasp the fact that a fraction of a cent doesn't make or break u.

meanwhile she spends all day walking around the house cleaning up cat shit becuz her cats are all fucked up and hate each other, so won't share the litter box.

i had an insight the other day when observing these animals (her dog too); everything around her becomes dysfunctional, neurotic, breaks down, loses vitality and strength, becomes sickly, degenerates, becomes diseased. i recall how my father almost strangled her in the late seventies and how the step daughters of her second failed marriage hated her so much they'd literally throw shit at her to try and knock her out.

and this disgusting creature literally bathes maybe once a week. it complains non-stop. just last week i ripped a new mailbox out of the ground i had just put up for her after she made the comment in one of our daily arguments 'i can never get u to do anything.' she paid $150 to have it put back up by some handyman. score!

why am i posting all this? well becuz i claim to know that becuz this thing exists, there absolutely cannot be a god. nothing i have ever known in my life do i believe deserves to die as much as this miserable hag with a voice like a chainsaw. it would be a mercy killing, like the killing of a lame animal.

there's so so much more. it's the kind of thing that should be a book. the space required to explain this thing and what it is would require that much, and i am absolutely certain that anyone who read it would walk away in total agreement with me. maybe not that she should die, but certainly that this is one fucked up human being. there is no soul in there... cannot be. not in a thing like that. a creature so nauseating even the devil couldn't bear to look at it.

and for reasons beyond my control, I am trapped here.

anyway I'm not gonna kill her so don't worry. i mean I can't now that I've explained how much I'd like to cuz then I'd be cold busted. so, i wait patiently for her to die, hoping that she might choke to death during one of her coughing fits.

at the moment she has a 102 temp after catching the flu or covid from me (which I'm now over after two days). let's cross our fingers.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Temperature has lowered to 99. That's a no go, alpha team. The package survived.

Let's go home boys.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

No I don't think u understand. Here lemme make it clear.

if there is my mother, there is no god.

there is my mother

therefore, there is no god.

Now whatever it is u think is a god, is not what u think it is becuz my mother exists. You're either high and hearing shit or you're experiencing a ghost or something, but certainly no god. For no intelligent creator god would have created my mother.

This fundamental truth is axiomatic to anti-theological reasoning and applies throughout the entirety of metaphysics.

Even as I type this I'm listening to her smack her food like a fucking six year who wasn't trained how to eat properly. U know how a we todd it kid doesn't know smacking your food like an animal is rude and people don't do that... but is too stupid to realize this so is innocent? Like if somebody in public walked by as she was eating, it very well could cross their mind that she wuz we todd it just by seeing her eat.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

u can be not racist for the wrong reasons. a reason like 'god created everyone to be equal', for instance, is nonsense, so it couldn't be a real reason for not being racist. the only real reason for not being a racist is nihilistic; that all races are equally meaningless in the grand scheme if things.

but here lemme explain what's going on behind the curtains with racism. some insight into a part of man that he keeps concealed and would never admit, much less address.

white people don't like black people for several reasons. but the number one reason is something subliminal, something in the recesses of the psyche. it's becuz black people remind white people of their ape ancestor origins and this offends white people who want to believe they are something more than apes. to put it quite bluntly, the ugliness of black people is offensive to the other races. and if a black person is not considered ugly, it's becuz they look more like a white person than the others (lighter skin, straighter hair, sharper more symmetrical facial features, etc).

now nobody would ever admit this and that's what's so funny. but what sux is that there's no solving or changing this... it's just one of those quirks built into the human situation on erf; a few major races would end up evolving, one of which will be much uglier than the others and end up offending them for that reason. this is really a hilarious situation if you truly grasp what I'm sayin. i could put a Monty pythonic skit together about the history of the erf. some white british officers are on a coach touring through africa or something and lieutenant Manfredgenson says something like 'by the queen that sure is an ugly fellow, don't u say, Patsy?' 'indeed sir, quite a looker that one.' *pompous english laugh*

look I'm just stating the facts as an outside nihilist observer and i am completely indifferent to any of it. perhaps the first real antiracist for the right reasons.