ilp migration

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

MagsJ

Re: ilp migration

Post by MagsJ »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:00 pm parodites is like the Leonardo Da Vinci of philosophical/intellectual contraptions then because his stuff is so far out and complex I don't even know how to turn the damn thing on what with all the switches and levers and buttons and shit.
You seem to have a thing for Paro.. anyone would think that you were he.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

u think I'm an opioid addicted savant intellectual polymath piano composer who speaks and writes fluent latin and has ten pack abs?

you're taking the piss, mate.

I read he's drinkin poppy tea in addition to the pharms now and I'm telling you if he keels over I blame ILP for driving him over edge with its insolence.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:04 pm u think I'm an opioid addicted savant intellectual polymath piano composer who speaks and writes fluent latin and has ten pack abs?

you're taking the piss, mate.
Now listen here fellow.. you can’t talk to me like that.

:lol:
I read he's drinkin poppy tea in addition to the pharms now and I'm telling you if he keels over I blame ILP for driving him over edge with its insolence.
Something like that.. though I doubt he’ll keel over, if he hasn’t done so by now. Plus he’s got too much to do, to ever let that happen, what with being a polymath n’all.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Biggs I can't get into ILP cuz I can't get a password reset email so check it out. Smears is about to spend twelve-nine on a new gsx'r 750. I found this near Birmingham. Tell him he'll do fine on the 600, it's just as sharp as the 750 he's looking at, AND he'll have sixteen hundred left to buy all the cheesy gear and shit. And it's already got an akrapovic on it.
rsz_screenshot_2023-02-01-20-27-45-465.jpg
rsz_screenshot_2023-02-01-20-27-45-465.jpg (34.41 KiB) Viewed 3986 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

here just copy paste this for me Biggs, preesh.

smears listen. you'll never take a gsxr 600 above ten thousand rpms unless you're just trying to be a jackass and go obnoxiously fast. i literally never rev higher than ten thousand on my CBR and still haul ass shifting at seven and eight rpms. so, that extra 150 ccs is impractical unless you're wanting to take road trips on interstate (where the engine won't labor as much as a 600). but we both know if you go anywhere that takes longer than an hour to get to, you'll be in a car. So you'll only be commuting like me around town. Really the only place i'ont ride a bike is the hood where it's much safer to be in a car

also the 600 is lighter, will corner tighter, go through brake pads slower, and it gets better gas mileage in a world where gas is only getting more expensive.

and that leftover sixteen hundred'll get u a matching bluetooth equiped helmet, a power commander, a waterproof passenger seat pack, a tank bag, all that shit. u could prolly even get stereo speakers put into the fuckin fairings with all that money bruh.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Smears after he reads my posts and buys the 600.
79n70s.jpg
79n70s.jpg (44.72 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:41 am Biggs I can't get into ILP cuz I can't get a password reset email so check it out. Smears is about to spend twelve-nine on a new gsx'r 750. I found this near Birmingham. Tell him he'll do fine on the 600, it's just as sharp as the 750 he's looking at, AND he'll have sixteen hundred left to buy all the cheesy gear and shit. And it's already got an akrapovic on it.

rsz_screenshot_2023-02-01-20-27-45-465.jpg
Smears? Oh, yeah, he's the one who posted this over at ILP:

"I'm sitting on my couch, watching a video of the alabama/lsu game while smoking a bong and waiting for chinese food to be delivered. I was thinking of getting someone over here to clean the place. This is usually what I'm doing, I've seen this game about 130-140 times now. Or I'm in the bathroom someplace, bored and using my phone to post on message boards while I poop."

The thread that was instrumental [in my view] in sending ILP down the "yak, yak, yak" social media path it's on now.

Now he's "Mr. Reasonable": https://youtu.be/exL51n3py6g

You'll find him on "the corner" these days as likely as not.

On the other hand, he's the guy all women want, and every man wants to be.

Well, unless of course I'm wrong.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i think u got smears wrong, biggs. he's quite able to carry a meaningful philosophical conversation with someone if he makes the effort. and i perfectly understand the desire to avoid philosophical conversations and just shoot the shit. now granted in my earliest days as a marxist revolutionary I felt a great deal of contempt for smears whom i thought wuz petty bourgeois and counterproductive to the revolution. in my more mature years as a stirnerite egoist i developed a different understanding of the phenomena of smears.

now it's true that smears knows we know he knows he's loves to show off and remind us of how great his life is. okay but why is that bad? in fact, i rate him now on how well he does it, how far he takes it.

u gotta remember; smears knows we know what he's doing. just pretend every exchange with smears is a dialogue in a nineties comedy-drama and he's the wealthy middle class guy that's always subtlety rubbing in how great his life his... even going so far as to pretend he is burdened by indecision as he painfully mulls over buying the five hundred dollar Patagonia jacket or the north face one with the extra sleeve pockets.

it duddint get any better than that, Biggs. every philosophy forum needs a smears.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:04 pm i think u got smears wrong, biggs. he's quite able to carry a meaningful philosophical conversation with someone if he makes the effort. and i perfectly understand the desire to avoid philosophical conversations and just shoot the shit. now granted in my earliest days as a marxist revolutionary I felt a great deal of contempt for smears whom i thought wuz petty bourgeois and counterproductive to the revolution. in my more mature years as a stirnerite egoist i developed a different understanding of the phenomena of smears.
Sure, I recognize this. But he and I have our own history there. And the bottom line [mine] is that he is now just a part of the "yak, yak, yak" social media crowd there that congregate on "The Corner": https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... start=8875

Here's what he and his ilk have turned a thread of mine into: https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=25
A thread in the philosophy forum.

Anyway, by and large, I don't respond to folks over there...now that gib has crashed and burned.

And, yeah, you yourself do enjoy being the "smartass" and shooting the shit...both there and here. And I have absolutely no problem with that. And that's because, unlike with Smears, your own repartee -- "stuff" of that sort -- is often really, really clever, funny and, well, thought provoking. Only phoneutria came close to you in that regard. And [with me] Smears was the pits there. He'd just get too pissed off at me.
promethean75 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:04 pmnow it's true that smears knows we know he knows he's loves to show off and remind us of how great his life is. okay but why is that bad? in fact, i rate him now on how well he does it, how far he takes it.
Well, reactions like this are always going to be rooted existentially in dasein to me. There's my Smears and there's your Smears. And I would never insist that mine should be anyone else's.

And, yeah, having a Smears in a forum can [for some] be entertaining as hell. However ironically that might actually be understood by each if us as individuals. That's what we have The Lounge for here. But, for me, he was instrumental in reconfiguring ILP into what it has become today. It's personal. But that would entail someone actually being me to understand.

Although, truly, in all sincerity: Unless of course I'm wrong.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

... and I, in turn, perfectly understand the perception of smears that u have and how you'd have gotten it. But I don't really think he's as asshole. I'd bet if the two of you sat down for a chat it would go well and you'd be surprised how off each of you were on what you imagined the other to be like. Ya know a good three quarters of the images we have of each other is materialized in our own heads.

Btw I can't get into ILP bro and I'm tryna holla at pho. Tell her I'm over my ennui and ready to be social again.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Biggs, u gotta get that Ben guy the hell outta ILP before they turn him into another ecmandu. I'm readin that the guy is torturing cats or something and then the crazy christian lady starts in on em and I'm like wtf is happening.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

When did this migration begin? :mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Agent Smith wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:36 am When did this migration begin? :mrgreen:
Well, I am glad you asked because it was precisely the same time that Philosophy Now forum got overun with stupid cunts (mostly USAdians).
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:48 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:36 am When did this migration begin? :mrgreen:
Well, I am glad you asked because it was precisely the same time that Philosophy Now forum got overun with stupid cunts (mostly USAdians).
I see. :mrgreen:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:00 pm Bloody immigrants coming over here with the silly ideas!
It's the great replacement!