ilp migration

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: ilp migration

Post by henry quirk »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:27 pm
MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:51 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm OK, thanks. I didn't really understand the parts I bolded above....1) why can't the influx post here yet? 2) there may never be fools? Do you mean they aren't fools, the influx? Or do you mean, they'll never manage to post here?
Just because newly-registered users appear in the members list, does not mean that their account is active.. I had assumed that new accounts were only listed after first-post approval.. but obviously not.

..they'll never manage to post here, or be quickly deleted -at the very least.
OK, thanks. Yeah, I think you can post right away. Maybe not start threads. I can't remember. I doubt anyone's been banned. Not after what I've seen not get banned.
You have to post first: that unlocks your private messaging system and allows you to start threads.
Maia

Post by Maia »

My intro post was waiting around for days, so I posted something else, which was approved. My intro post still wasn't, though, so I deleted it and reposted it.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Maia wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:26 pm My intro post was waiting around for days, so I posted something else, which was approved. My intro post still wasn't, though, so I deleted it and reposted it.
Just an off the cuff gut reaction but I'm finding it hard to believe your first post was mangly offensive.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:56 pm
Maia wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:26 pm My intro post was waiting around for days, so I posted something else, which was approved. My intro post still wasn't, though, so I deleted it and reposted it.
Just an off the cuff gut reaction but I'm finding it hard to believe your first post was mangly offensive.
I'm thinkin' her first post (your first post, Maia) just got overlooked. The fallible human factor.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:56 pm
It was identical to the intro I reposted.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Well alright Maia but you and Iambiguous better not start arguing about paganism and that dasein goddess stuff. This is where the big dogs philosophize.

Speaking of big dogs, drop parodites a PM for me and ask him to do me a favor and come blow everybody's mind here in three posts and then suddenly disappear.
Maia

Post by Maia »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:08 am Well alright Maia but you and Iambiguous better not start arguing about paganism and that dasein goddess stuff. This is where the big dogs philosophize.

Speaking of big dogs, drop parodites a PM for me and ask him to do me a favor and come blow everybody's mind here in three posts and then suddenly disappear.
Ok, message sent.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

oh snap PhilosophyNow is about to be graced by the presence of what quite possibly might be the smartest man in the universe. he's not even a man, really, but like some kind of strange synthetic organism from the future or something. maybe even a cyborg i dunno.

and i feel like i should repasent because fish wuz talkin bullocks about ILP and its members.

aight. you better tell this fool, Maia. Fish about to find out.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:28 pm oh snap PhilosophyNow is about to be graced by the presence of what quite possibly might be the smartest man in the universe. he's not even a man, really, but like some kind of strange synthetic organism from the future or something. maybe even a cyborg i dunno.

and i feel like i should repasent because fish wuz talkin bullocks about ILP and its members.

aight. you better tell this fool, Maia. Fish about to find out.
IF by fish you are referring to me, bring it on - I have noticed you haven't got a single refutation to your ealier quizzing of my genius :mrgreen:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

It's all a bit over my head, mate.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:54 pm It's all a bit over my head, mate.
..sometimes I think your soles are over your head, in that you are fucked up on something and legs up in a ditch.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i don't use or really like drugs that suppress the nervous system so the opioid class of drugs is outta the question. i prefer stimulants and would never ask you of you had any downers?

opioids are getting more and more dangerous by this Mexican fentanyl infestation ya know. so if you're thinking about starting a drug habit, tryda stay clear of opioids and try some coke or strong setiva or something. It would help to move to Portugal too where drugs are legal.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:23 pm i don't use or really like drugs that suppress the nervous system so the opioid class of drugs is outta the question. i prefer stimulants and would never ask you of you had any downers?

opioids are getting more and more dangerous by this Mexican fentanyl infestation ya know. so if you're thinking about starting a drug habit, tryda stay clear of opioids and try some coke or strong setiva or something. It would help to move to Portugal too where drugs are legal.
Fentanyl is F**ing up Americans big time. The ingredients for its manufacture are being supplied by China to Mexican cartels.

..now they (the Chinese C~UNT Party - CCP) are trying to infiltrate the land of Oz with it - as recent border seizures have shown.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:08 am Well alright Maia but you and Iambiguous better not start arguing about paganism and that dasein goddess stuff. This is where the big dogs philosophize.
Not to worry, comrade.

On the other hand, I've been deconstructing the "general description intellectual contraption" philosophers long enough to recognize the big dog philosophers when I spot them. They're up on the highest clouds.

Be they autodidacts or pedants.

I sic dasein on them and the rest is history.

Indeed, remember me here: https://groups.io/g/CafePhiloDC

8)

Note to management:

You tell me why we don't have access to a "dancing banana" smiley.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

parodites is like the Leonardo Da Vinci of philosophical/intellectual contraptions then because his stuff is so far out and complex I don't even know how to turn the damn thing on what with all the switches and levers and buttons and shit.