ilp migration

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: ilp migration

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:25 am This has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
Perfect!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"The term 'trolling' is meant as purely pejorative in online contexts, but, hey it's a perfectly valid way to fish. It's fishing. For attention. For food. Narcissists need people to give them attention. Some narcissists feed on conflict."

i feel like that's an unfair assessment because I'm a narcissistic troll who suffers from a forum board addiction and is in fact a victim of that addiction, not its progenitor. i suffer unequivocally from this affliction and you have no idea how much it hurts me to troll. i think rather than criticizing me you ought to practice a little patience and understanding bud.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:35 pm "The term 'trolling' is meant as purely pejorative in online contexts, but, hey it's a perfectly valid way to fish. It's fishing. For attention. For food. Narcissists need people to give them attention. Some narcissists feed on conflict."

i feel like that's an unfair assessment because I'm a narcissistic troll who suffers from a forum board addiction and is in fact a victim of that addiction, not its progenitor. i suffer unequivocally from this affliction and you have no idea how much it hurts me to troll. i think rather than criticizing me you ought to practice a little patience and understanding bud.
I reread the post you quote from. It seems merely descriptive to me. The only words that are pejorative - troll and narcissist - which you own above. If you are narcissistic, then you yourself lack empathy so it would be odd to expect it from others, though narcissists often do. If you are a narcissist - something I haven't considered once when reading your posts - then yes, it is a horrible state to be in and it's good you can admit that. Many can't.

But again, I described a pattern that I see. I did not label individuals. I did not try to bash them. It's a pattern I've encountered online and I have noticed some people, though none here, who appear in forum after forum, trolling, I think in the fishing sense. Trying to get attention or trying to upset people or to try to bring people down or to use others to play the role of parts of themselves they do not like.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'm more into the entertainment branch of the trolling industry, which is a much less aggressive form of trolling. i try to avoid personal or open public confrontation, rarely debate anymore, utilize any opportunity to tell a lame joke, and experiment with exactly how stupid i can possibly be in a post and get away with it.

but you gotta understand I'm not one of these fresh kids outta college coming to a forum to show off my intellect and debate quantum physics.

I'm two decades into this forum shit man, I'm exhausted of my philanthropy, and them days is over. plus i forgot most of that stuff anyway cuz it ain't useful knowledge.

You might get three posts in a row from me in some random discussion but usually I bail by then. 
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:58 pm As you all know, I avoid posting at ILP for reasons involving political intrigue that is fraught with ideological conflict and disagreement. As I do therefore refrain from posting at ILP, I have no means of contacting a former contemporary, phoneutria, unless I make an IG or YouTube account to view her social media content directly.

Formerly I would use a proxy site to see her newly uploaded material and wouldn't have to use an IG account. Well, the proxy site hasn't featured any new IG material in over a week.

So if ILP members Biggs, MagsJ or Magnus happen by this post, can you tell me have you seen her?
She’s alive and well and doing fine..

On your prior post, on AI and GPT linguistic-building.. if we rely on AI and GPTs to correct or generate our syntax, how on Earth are humans supposed to learn or even understand how to compile it themselves, in a meaningful way.

Well.. I guess they can always have a dictionary, on standby.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:58 pm

So if ILP members Biggs, MagsJ or Magnus happen by this post, can you tell me [url=https://youtu.be/XpTfl0Y5CN8]have you seen her?
Shouldn't you be running this by Pedro?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:56 am Bloody immigrants, comin' over 'ere!
With their philosophical ideas!
We need to ensure that the brightest and best ILP philosophers stay in ILP...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cgeXd5kRDg
:lol:

..the mass ILP exodus is real and is at it’s pinnacle of the transitional journey, to here.. as you may well know.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Shouldn't you be running this by Pedro?"

Me 'n Pez communicate psychically so I don't have to aks him anything.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:29 pm

..the mass ILP exodus is real and is at it’s pinnacle of the transitional journey, to here.. as you may well know.
Apart from the likes of U Mags...on the whole I wish they'd all fuck off back to the imbecilic ILP...

ILP Translated as "I Love Love of Wisdom"....clearly dipshitism...must be a forum from the hard of thinking side of the pond.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:43 am Apart from the likes of U Mags...on the whole I wish they'd all fuck off back to the imbecilic ILP...

ILP Translated as "I Love Love of Wisdom"....clearly dipshitism...must be a forum from the hard of thinking side of the pond.
Then you’ll be pleased to know that the worst of the worst over there, have been banned from here for years, and are unable to re-register.. the less-worse can easily be banned, once here. :lol:

They’ll only have each other to troll, back there.. that’ll be hilarious. :D
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:29 pm

So, the people who came here, they don't post at the other forum anymore, they just post here?
Or are they just taking up more of the spaces?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm So, the people who came here, they don't post at the other forum anymore, they just post here?
Some still post there.. just less-frequently, some don’t. The influx are unable to post here yet, so no floods of posts nor fools.. there may never be.

Too many sock-puppets and trolls in that place, for most exchanges to be of any genuine value.. for they must know not, what value is.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:25 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm So, the people who came here, they don't post at the other forum anymore, they just post here?
Some still post there.. just less-frequently, some don’t. The influx are unable to post here yet, so no floods of posts nor fools.. there may never be.

Too many sock-puppets and trolls in that place, for most exchanges to be of any genuine value.. for they must know not, what value is.
OK, thanks. I didn't really understand the parts I bolded above....1) why can't the influx post here yet? 2) there may never be fools? Do you mean they aren't fools, the influx? Or do you mean, they'll never manage to post here?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm OK, thanks. I didn't really understand the parts I bolded above....1) why can't the influx post here yet? 2) there may never be fools? Do you mean they aren't fools, the influx? Or do you mean, they'll never manage to post here?
Just because newly-registered users appear in the members list, does not mean that their account is active.. I had assumed that new accounts were only listed after first-post approval.. but obviously not.

..they'll never manage to post here, or be quickly deleted -at the very least.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

MagsJ wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:51 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm OK, thanks. I didn't really understand the parts I bolded above....1) why can't the influx post here yet? 2) there may never be fools? Do you mean they aren't fools, the influx? Or do you mean, they'll never manage to post here?
Just because newly-registered users appear in the members list, does not mean that their account is active.. I had assumed that new accounts were only listed after first-post approval.. but obviously not.

..they'll never manage to post here, or be quickly deleted -at the very least.
OK, thanks. Yeah, I think you can post right away. Maybe not start threads. I can't remember. I doubt anyone's been banned. Not after what I've seen not get banned.