Getting to know people

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Getting to know people

Post by attofishpi »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:42 am Hi everyone, I know there's an Introductions section, but I'm wanting to sort of do that in reverse to get to know the denizens of the board.

I'll go by Cat for short when "Astro Cat" is just too much to type. I'm in my 30's, am finishing my MS in astrophysics this fall and bridging straight into PhD after that. I'm researching quiescence in galaxies for my thesis, though before that I did research constraining dark energy and its equation of state. I work nights to support myself (pays way more than being a GTA/GRA) so I post mostly at night (in the US).

I don't have a formal background in philosophy, but I do read philosophical literature when I can (and keep a folder in my paper organizer of choice, Zotero). I'll occasionally read what I guess could be called pop philosophy books, but I haven't done that for a while. I can generally keep up with those that do have the formal background as long as I'm able to look up esoteric terms or things that are idiosyncratic to certain philosophers that I might not have read.

I like board and card games, horror as a genre, I get out to live music when I can (covid permitting), I model when I can (pin-up and retro), I try my hand occasionally at writing poetry and short stories (generally horror; and no, I will not share any of this until I don't hate what I write). As I said somewhere else, I try to keep some plants alive but probably wouldn't consider myself a gardener.

Who are you, what are you into?
Hi Astro Cat

I would say hello, but some people find that confonting.

I am Brian, from the Life of Brian I also go by attofishpi, atto, androcies, Andrew Seas..

Not big on cats apart from big cats that might eat me so I prefer they keep their distance. My best friend is Donnie, my dog and we both love walks on the beach or up creeks here in the land of Oz.

We both went to Uluru and Alice Springs, but I don't think he remembers or gives a shit (I remind him all the time but he just looks at me and demands a cuddle, which of course is impossible to deny)

Since being told I am deluded - by someone that believes he understand reality including my brain better than me (which suits me - basically an art grant) I have quit working in boring office jobs and am doing what I am told, paint stuff and write stuff I spose (for a sage\God\'God')

This is me: www.androcies.com

If you are really interested there is a link on that site back to this forum where my "insanity" is explained.

My hobbies/professionalism include (in no rational order):
Compooter stuff
Painting artwork
Standup Comedy (I hate that disabled shit)
Writing cyberpunk
Walking the dog (as well as feeding the dog and putting up with his mood swings)
Writing poetry
Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that we are in a simulation or a divine reality, constructed in real-time via a 3rd party intelligence
Converting femme lesbians back to the rational equation of bisexuality
Cooking stuff
Eating stuff
Going punk on the town
Beating up the local bogans when they upset me (although now I have a lifetime ban so I've gotta travel further)
Lucid dreaming, when sage\God invokes
Watching my football team (Southampton - The Saints)
Annoying people on internet forums
..that should do it (let me know if you are not being annoyed enough on this forum LMAO, as if...but I can assist, in fact some say I am one of the best)
:D
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Atla wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:26 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:08 pm Ah, the double serial-killer approach? I do like it, but what if they fuck instead of fight? Working together they could leave terrifying trail of dead rentboys covering the entire continental USA. It's too risky, we must keep them apart.
Nothing we can do to stop it, all the points and lines in the world are already organizing themselves into complex shapes, it's clear that they are fated to meet. I don't worry much though, they may fuck first but then they'll remember that there can only be one true master of universal geometry.
The weird thing is I don't think it's posible for him to have his big enemy be Handjob7 any more. That dude is on some sort of schedule and apparently only has internets for 1 hour a day on Thursdays and Fridays. Presumably that's when he can get into the prison library.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Astro Cat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:42 am Hi everyone, I know there's an Introductions section, but I'm wanting to sort of do that in reverse to get to know the denizens of the board.

I'll go by Cat for short when "Astro Cat" is just too much to type. I'm in my 30's, am finishing my MS in astrophysics this fall and bridging straight into PhD after that. I'm researching quiescence in galaxies for my thesis, though before that I did research constraining dark energy and its equation of state. I work nights to support myself (pays way more than being a GTA/GRA) so I post mostly at night (in the US).

I don't have a formal background in philosophy, but I do read philosophical literature when I can (and keep a folder in my paper organizer of choice, Zotero). I'll occasionally read what I guess could be called pop philosophy books, but I haven't done that for a while. I can generally keep up with those that do have the formal background as long as I'm able to look up esoteric terms or things that are idiosyncratic to certain philosophers that I might not have read.

I like board and card games, horror as a genre, I get out to live music when I can (covid permitting), I model when I can (pin-up and retro), I try my hand occasionally at writing poetry and short stories (generally horror; and no, I will not share any of this until I don't hate what I write). As I said somewhere else, I try to keep some plants alive but probably wouldn't consider myself a gardener.

Who are you, what are you into?
Hi Astro Cat

I would say hello, but some people find that confonting.

I am Brian, from the Life of Brian I also go by attofishpi, atto, androcies, Andrew Seas..

Not big on cats apart from big cats that might eat me so I prefer they keep their distance. My best friend is Donnie, my dog and we both love walks on the beach or up creeks here in the land of Oz.

We both went to Uluru and Alice Springs, but I don't think he remembers or gives a shit (I remind him all the time but he just looks at me and demands a cuddle, which of course is impossible to deny)

Since being told I am deluded - by someone that believes he understand reality including my brain better than me (which suits me - basically an art grant) I have quit working in boring office jobs and am doing what I am told, paint stuff and write stuff I spose (for a sage\God\'God')

This is me: www.androcies.com

If you are really interested there is a link on that site back to this forum where my "insanity" is explained.

My hobbies/professionalism include (in no rational order):
Compooter stuff
Painting artwork
Standup Comedy (I hate that disabled shit)
Writing cyberpunk
Walking the dog (as well as feeding the dog and putting up with his mood swings)
Writing poetry
Proving beyond a reasonable doubt that we are in a simulation or a divine reality, constructed in real-time via a 3rd party intelligence
Converting femme lesbians back to the rational equation of bisexuality
Cooking stuff
Eating stuff
Going punk on the town
Beating up the local bogans when they upset me (although now I have a lifetime ban so I've gotta travel further)
Lucid dreaming, when sage\God invokes
Watching my football team (Southampton - The Saints)
Annoying people on internet forums
..that should do it (let me know if you are not being annoyed enough on this forum LMAO, as if...but I can assist, in fact some say I am one of the best)
:D

Oh, I forgot to mention my Christian confirmation name is Peter (obviously, as a child I liked Peter Pan) 8)

Hey, what Premier League football team do you follow? - if you don't have one, then make it Southampton - it's where the Titanic sailed from!
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm NOBODY enjoys a conversation with me, unless I pity them and just joke around.
No, you don't sound like fun company, and I suspect it would get even worse if you started "joking around". You are much too full of yourself, my good man.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:28 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:41 pm I see a number of people, so bright asking Questions about me, when, if they got off their lazy chair, all they had to do is go to the Internet Archive and actually do some real work instead of just making noise to study my work. Universal Language is a PDF volume set, one of those books has my work in geometry in it. There are over 20,000 pages of demonstrations. You can work them using Geometer's Sketchpad and Mathcad.

Do some real work instead of making noise.
That's completely impressive. You should definitely meet Advocate, he has answered all the questions of life the univeerse and everything and he has gone one better than you by fitting all that into a single google sheets doc. So reel your neck in, you are second best.

Unless we include Age, who also has all the answers in the universe. So actually you are third best. And that's just on this site.
Just FYI I've come to live for your sass, you're one of my favorites.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Astro Cat wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:35 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:41 pm I see a number of people, so bright asking Questions about me, when, if they got off their lazy chair, all they had to do is go to the Internet Archive and actually do some real work instead of just making noise to study my work. Universal Language is a PDF volume set, one of those books has my work in geometry in it. There are over 20,000 pages of demonstrations. You can work them using Geometer's Sketchpad and Mathcad.

Do some real work instead of making noise.
That's completely impressive. You should definitely meet Advocate, he has answered all the questions of life the univeerse and everything and he has gone one better than you by fitting all that into a single google sheets doc. So reel your neck in, you are second best.

Unless we include Age, who also has all the answers in the universe. So actually you are third best. And that's just on this site.
Dangerous choices alert! My ass is deeply untrustworthy, makes all sorts of strange noises, and is widely suspected of eating my neighbour's gerbil.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:51 pm
Astro Cat wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:35 pm

Dangerous choices alert! My ass is deeply untrustworthy, makes all sorts of strange noises, and is widely suspected of eating my neighbour's gerbil.
Oh I'm here for the sass, but keep your ass to yourself :lol:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"My ass is deeply untrustworthy, makes all sorts of strange noises, and is widely suspected of eating my neighbour's gerbil."

you need to forget about philosophy for the moment and focus on the situation your ass is in... because if what you say is true, the only thing you need to study is your ass