Which Philosopher Said This: "Nothing Quenches Sexual Desire More than Intellectual Achievement" (Paraphrased)

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Realmwalker

Which Philosopher Said This: "Nothing Quenches Sexual Desire More than Intellectual Achievement" (Paraphrased)

Post by Realmwalker »

Hello,

I'm paraphrasing here: "Nothing quenches sexual desire more than intellectual achievement." I believe it was a Greek philosopher whom said this. Could you provide me with the exact quote, plus the name to whom it belongs?

Thank you,

Realmwalker
Phil8659

Re: Which Philosopher Said This: "Nothing Quenches Sexual Desire More than Intellectual Achievement" (Paraphrased)

Post by Phil8659 »

Really? That would depend upon which pencil a person considers their writing instrument.
Impenitent

Re: Which Philosopher Said This: "Nothing Quenches Sexual Desire More than Intellectual Achievement" (Paraphrased)

Post by Impenitent »

Realmwalker wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:23 pm Hello,

I'm paraphrasing here: "Nothing quenches sexual desire more than intellectual achievement." I believe it was a Greek philosopher whom said this. Could you provide me with the exact quote, plus the name to whom it belongs?

Thank you,

Realmwalker
(screw it)

I know that I know nothing - Socrates

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Socrates probably died by death from a thousand hen-pecks that can turn the stoutest rooster to mush, and ancient progressive feminists changed the facts to poison, because women had to cook the food so you better be nice ...

... but seriously, Socrates was smart enough to edify his only remaining pleasure by calling it a know-nothing philosophy.