signatures

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

iambiguous

signatures

Post by iambiguous »

As at ILP, you can click on "user control panel" here and among the options you can create a "signature".

Which I did and submitted.

But nothing. It never shows up at the bottom of my posts.

What's the story? Am I doing something wrong or is it not really an option at all?
bahman

Re: signatures

Post by bahman »

I think this feature is set off!
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

bahman wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:14 pm I think this feature is set off!
Clearly.

On the other hand, why do the powers that be here allow you to create one with the "user control panel", allow you to click on "submit", but then, well, nothing.
Kenny92

Post by Kenny92 »

Yet the site is based on a rather old and primitive platform (phpbb). So complaining is pointless. It remains only to wait for the moderators.
bahman

Post by bahman »

iambiguous wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 pm
bahman wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:14 pm I think this feature is set off!
Clearly.

On the other hand, why do the powers that be here allow you to create one with the "user control panel", allow you to click on "submit", but then, well, nothing.
You might create a thread/petition in the "about this forum" subforum. I would be happy to join.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

iambiguous wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 pm As at ILP, you can click on "user control panel" here and among the options you can create a "signature".

What's the story? Am I doing something wrong or is it not really an option at all?
I'm not sure what we think about signatures - the Mods and I haven't discussed them for as far back as I can recall. But I can tell you that despite you submitting a signature, there is absolutely no sign of that visible in any sort of list accessible to us. We can see lists of first posts and topics created by new members, which are waiting for us to approve. But so far as I've ever seen, there is no list of signature requests awaiting approval.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

RickLewis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:00 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 pm As at ILP, you can click on "user control panel" here and among the options you can create a "signature".

I'm not sure what we think about signatures - the Mods and I haven't discussed them for as far back as I can recall. But I can tell you that despite you submitting a signature, there is absolutely no sign of that visible in any sort of list accessible to us. We can see lists of first posts and topics created by new members, which are waiting for us to approve. But so far as I've ever seen, there is no list of signature requests awaiting approval.
Not sure what you mean by "a list accessible to us".

I just know that if you click on "user control panel", then click on "profile", then click on "edit signature", you are able to create a signature: "This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

But when you click on submit...nothing.

It's really no big deal though.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:28 am
RickLewis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:00 am

Not sure what you mean by "a list accessible to us".
What i comprehend is that there is NO list (of signatures) since this forum has never employed the feature - it's got nothing to do with noobs also - it's just a fact, there is no list, none of us have signatures - there is no per list: signature.* file.

iambiguous wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:28 amIt's really no big deal though.
..well it actually is, for since now I want to know what your sig would be? I'll show U mine if U show me yours!

ps Rick, utube vids embedding instead of just allowing links being posted would be HUGE, since many now watch on "smart TVs" and clicking on links takes us away from the PHN site, whereas the vid showing within the post would not.