You will be watched

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

You will be watched

Post by Nick_A »

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified Wednesday that a Disinformation Governance Board had recently been created to combat online disinformation and Politico reported that Nina Jankowicz, who previously served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, will head the board as executive director.
Online posters will be watched to protect others from disinformation. Only your government knows what is true information and disinformation. If you are caught spreading disinformation you may be shipped off to Siberia for reeducation. One way or another you will learn not spread disinformation. Trust your government.
mickthinks

Re: You will be watched

Post by mickthinks »

You favour disinformation, Nick?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

A Ministry of Truth?

No thanks.

I gatekeep my head well enough on my own.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:47 pm A Ministry of Truth?

No thanks.

From Orwell's 1984

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

The government wants you to think properly so will teach you how to accept approved modern reality and protect you from disinformation. It is for your own good. Your government knows so not necessary for you to reason.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

poor government: it thinks I care
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:35 pm poor government: it thinks I care
“We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Your attitude is insulting to the government. But it won't destroy you. You will be changed through reeducation. You will be made aware of what disinformation does to your ability to change. you will be fed government approved information and taught to care for your government. You will become the New Henry proud to wear your official proof of government approval.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Your attitude is insulting to the government.
Oh, I haven't even begun to insult...
You will be changed through reeducation.
They'd have a better time of it if they just lobotomized me...mebbe.
You will become the New Henry
Outside of eradicatin' me via lobotmy or bullet, no, the current Henry ain't goin' no where.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

“Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”
― George Orwell, 1984

This is what your government and its newly created Disinformation Governance Board will allow you to do. Just believe your government and it will all make sense. Information is what the government approves of and disinformation is what the government rejects. It will allow you to replace the old with the new. The government will control your present and then your past and future will make sense to you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:47 pm A Ministry of Truth?

No thanks.

From Orwell's 1984

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

The government wants you to think properly so will teach you how to accept approved modern reality and protect you from disinformation. It is for your own good. Your government knows so not necessary for you to reason.
Orwell’s ability to extrapolate was amazing, wasn’t it. He got right to the nub of human nature and in the way things are, he saw what would be.

So did Ayn Rand.

So, we know what was, what is, and unless attention shifts what will be. The question is, what to do about it. Perhaps rather than dam the river, divert it, as God did when creating the Ganges.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Who could withstand what Wilson faced?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:12 pm
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified Wednesday that a Disinformation Governance Board had recently been created to combat online disinformation and Politico reported that Nina Jankowicz, who previously served as a disinformation fellow at the Wilson Center, will head the board as executive director.
Online posters will be watched to protect others from disinformation. Only your government knows what is true information and disinformation. If you are caught spreading disinformation you may be shipped off to Siberia for reeducation. One way or another you will learn not spread disinformation. Trust your government.
The Age of Trust, but Verify.

What happens when The Man controls verification? Indeed.

So the other day I get this gift. It’s a little statue of a fat, happy, prosperous Buddha riding on the back of a giant Frog, that has glowing eyes. I flipped it over. Made in China.

I’m no expert, but I’ve never heard of such a thing. What I do know, is that China is hell bent on corrupting the indigenous Tibetan culture with a multi-faceted, long-range attack that apologists would likely call cultural evolution, what Europeans migrating across the N. American continent called the inevitability of Manifest Destiny ... and by golly they were right.

So I thought, from what iconography is this Frog-riding, happy-fat Buddha? And I didn’t even bother to check it out because in the age of Distrusted Information, one relies on another form of knowledge to know what’s what and what’s needed. Paradoxically, the reason-based system of knowledge demands a reasonable exposition of this mysterious, undefined and therefore non-existent, other knowledge.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:10 pm Who could withstand what Wilson faced?
And Winston, too. :roll:

Wilson was turned into a face with no mouth to scream, a silent need triggered by endless days and nights listening to the introspective droning of Tom Hanks, and knowing that if things didn’t work out, he would be eaten by rats that had a taste for leather. :|
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The government will control your present and then your past and future will make sense to you.
the gov is a retard with a sledgehammer tryin' to perform brain surgery

stay out off the operatin' theater and off the table and you're gold
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:12 pm Online posters will be watched to protect others from disinformation. Only your government knows what is true information and disinformation. If you are caught spreading disinformation you may be shipped off to Siberia for reeducation. One way or another you will learn not spread disinformation. Trust your government.
If that bothers you, then contemplate that there is an intelligence - divine or man akin made - how do you feel to contemplate ALL thoughts are known? :twisted:

..in fact wherein dost thou trust lie, if U can't trust your own contemplations?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNJJmmCkqY

Is Government the New God? - The Religion of Totalitarianism - Duration: 13mins