General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Wankism of the day

Post by promethean75 »

The customer has chosen the foothill grey.

rsz_1img_20220731_114452.jpg
rsz_1img_20220731_114452.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 809 times

it shall be done
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

note also the opportunity we have here to observe a peculiar instance of some of the covertness and concealed nature of free market exchanges between buyer and seller. the hidden tension produced by the conflict involved in bargaining and negotiating.

suppose i sent that last post to my customer. lol, think if he saw it, he'd think i wuz tryna get over on em?

see we had settled on a number for materials and labor before it was decided what kind of stain he'd want. so, in the event that he ended up wanting a semi-transparent stain - causing me to do two coats instead of one - I'd not be able to raise my price. incidentaly, i set my price assuming I'd only do one coat, anyway.

so clearly he and i both know i am logically motivated to get him to choose a solid stain, and this is the underhandedness involved in the market exchange.

my own interest to avoid doing a second coat here interferes with how i advise the customer and what i 'suggest' he do.

this is what the free market has done to me since I've been working for myself. imma scheming, plotting opportunistic salesman who does great work for an outrageous price.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'm starting a petition to stop phoneutria (elbdms@IG), a former colleague, from eating the chocolate butter cream pudding. here is the last clip of an IG story series in which she prepares the nefarious substance:

https://sendvid.com/yg47lcdt

Biggs, Magnus and magsj know her from another forum, and therefore might be able to establish contact with her and try to talk her down. i fear that she may be trying to become a a disgusting fatbody in some sinister twist to deprive us of our pleasure in seeing such a piece of eye candy and make us all suffer at the sight of her.

i bring this to attention here in an effort to build community awareness between social media platforms.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

from the windows 7 moviemaker days when you'd make a picture slide show over some music. the melody is a preprogrammed demo on a Roland that a friend just bought. one of those jobs with the sound banks and pads and shit. gotta a video of him fuckin around with it right out the box and me tryna play drums to it.

anyway I'm playing drums over what sounded to me like cliche gameshow music. it seemed only appropriate that i should add some pictures to the theme, and thus this corny meme video was made.

i should inform you that my relationship to the drum kit is a tumultuous one. i could be characterized as maybe a decent hand drummer who on account of being left footed (but right handed) and playing a right handed kit, has his dominant foot on the hats rather than the kick drum where he needs it.

This tedious detail would prove to be the fatal flaw in my learning to play a trap kit. a bad case of the lazy foot.

neither can my right foot act independently of my right hand in time signature. it follows the time of my right hand. my left leg doesn't do this... but i need it on the kick drum not the fuckin hats bro. see what I'm sayin?

i mean i can play rock beats and shit but I wanna play jazz drums mang. and you can't have a lazy foot.

https://sendvid.com/kx34vn87

promethean75

Re: Promethean's personal wankisms

Post by promethean75 »

I am honored and privileged to not only participate in this most excellent thread but also be named its sole dignitary, and would like to express my gratitude on behalf of that. i would also ask that the thread author observe the conventional rules of proper grammar and capitalize the adjective and second noun in the title. Note: articles, conjunctions and prepositions are the only kind of title word that aren't always capitalized.

thank you and good day.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:57 pm I am honored and privileged to not only participate in this most excellent thread but also be named its sole dignitary, and would like to express my gratitude on behalf of that. i would also ask that the thread author observe the conventional rules of proper grammar and capitalize the adjective and second noun in the title. Note: articles, conjunctions and prepositions are the only kind of title word that aren't always capitalized.

thank you and good day.
I didn't feel that your shit deserved capitalisation. It's also only shown as 'subject' when changed-not a formal title. It's not exactly the title of a novel :lol: Using capitals would be ridiculous overkill in this context, just as it would with something like, 'What music are you listening to?' or most of the other thread subjects on here. I love it when Americans try to show off their English 'skills'. How ironic.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

This just in. Lol this can't be a person. What is it, a phishing bot or somethin? In three years I've never gotten a text like this in response to my business ad.
Screenshot_2022-08-08-15-33-04-680.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-08-15-33-04-680.jpg (21.56 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Screenshot_2022-08-08-15-33-14-099.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-08-15-33-14-099.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 678 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

you know i never thought about this really but with the exception of the judicial branch of government, I've never had a problem with government. i mean marijuana laws suck but other than that, i have no real objections. my taxes were always reasonable when i consider all the public utilities and services that are available because of that.

you want me da tell you who people got problems with? private businesses selling em products and services at outrageous prices. Employers who pay em so little they gotta choose between getting gas or their medication. Landlords who charge em $1500 a month for an apartment the size of a walk in closet. these are the fuckers that make it hard on a ni**a.

now you say but it's the government that's making these fuckers do that by interfering with and regulating business, the free exchange of goods and services like it should be, yada yada yada.

i call bullshite cuz you know what i tink? i tink even if the fuckers weren't getting harrassed by government regulations and taxes, wages and the price index wouldn't substantially change. they'd just make higher profits that keep the shit, investing in more business.

you could add a dash of irony to this and note how much government helps big business in any number of ways.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

my dude Jeff workin his magic. i pay em $80 an hour cuz he knows his shit and wants to impress. that's a competitive wage too. mechanics at the motorcycle shop charge over a hunerd an hour. and I can't watch em? fuck that bruh. he's doing like me cept he's a bike mechanic. got his little shop set up in the condo he rents and has a small clientele base. said he had to recently apply for a job tho cuz he wasn't pullin in enough money with his own side gig. said he's tryna get into the Ducati shop where the mechs are billed out at well over a hunerd.

here is exclusive footage of him doing a radiator flush on my bike. what you are seeing here is the great purge, which is cycling the system so that the flushing water mixes with the old fluid and is able to pass out. it also purges the coolant tank of any air.

https://streamable.com/97efsc
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

the very same people that would stand in rapture at a trump rally listening to the orangutan give a maga motivational speech, would be the first to laugh at a scene like this if they saw it in a movie comedy. 

the shit is so irredeemably corny. victories that will be won by the grace of god, climbing mountains, never giving up, and achieving anything together. i can't believe i am hearing/seeing this.

go to 2:40. https://youtu.be/f_EqdVqE4-U
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Hey big Rick, check this out. If you could go ahead and make the mobile version of the forum display the latest posts like the desktop version does, that would be great.

Save me a lot of superfluous clicking to find new posts.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

See what I mean? A radical maga Trumper tries to infiltrate an FBI building with a... wait for it....

... nail gun.

Only on the Right, boys. Only on the the Right.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

That fuckin Johnathan is lying. There's only two Ps because P1 and P3 are identical.

https://youtu.be/zgw9LfX4Zso

A price that you can afford IS a price that fits your budget you crafty sonofabitch!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »