General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Wankism of the day

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:06 pm The ADT twins are back and this time they both got beards. Imma tell you what I don't like about this one, especially.

The way the dude says 'all these things together' as if we're in a hurry to leave for a major social event and as we walk briskly up the sidewalk toward the car, I ask a dumb question and he rolls his eyes and cuts me off with a patronizing answer. All these things together, dumbass

No fuck you.

This stuff is actually a science tho, and advert producers should be thought of as artists of sorts.

You, the viewer and owner of your first home, don't want to be the dumbass that guy is talking too when he said 'all these things together'. This is working on you subliminally, see. The producer fine tuned that scene to be just like it was in every detail... even how the camera is lower and looking up at the guy as he's walking and saying that. This is the guy he makes you suddenly want to be if you're a middle class career white dude with an outstanding credit score, a starter home, wife, and workin on a first kid.

Even the end jingle /song clip is over dramatic and deceptive. Your not reaching the summit of a mountain or sealing a million dollar deal. This is a security system advertisment. The music is thematically forced to artificially enhance the inspirational effect it has as it's associated with the resolution that comes with the purchase of the product. You are deceived into this false association and become more interested in buying, and all this takes place within 3.6 seconds.

https://youtu.be/r8s9KfQsfaI
Is that WHY 'you', "promethean75", became more interested in buying, in such a short time?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:17 am Wankism of the day.
Yes, and it was lovely thanks for asking Veg. Are you expecting the details?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 am
At least it's more relevant than the narcissistic promethean who likes to make everything about himself (and he's not even good looking).
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:05 am
At least it's more relevant than the narcissistic promethean who likes to make everything about himself (and he's not even good looking).
You must have seen the picture of me with those bunny ears, not bad am I? :D
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:12 am

Never ask for a compliment. You will never get an honest answer--negative or positive.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:16 am
attofishpi wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:12 am

Never ask for a compliment. You will never get an honest answer--negative or positive.
FFS!! Why didn't someone tell me that 45 years ago.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"the narcissistic promethean who likes to make everything about himself (and he's not even good looking)."

Yeah but I have a great personality tho.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah but I have a great personality tho.
Glib commie ain't a personality (or great): it's a disease, born of envy and spite.
vegetariantaxidermy

Change the record you old fossil of a past that never existed.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:04 am Change the record you old fossil of a past that never existed.
And here she is: the Mistress of Bile... 😴
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

A 66-year-old male blood donor was turned away from a donation centre after refusing to answer a question about whether he was pregnant.

Leslie Sinclair has donated an incredible 125 pints of blood over the course of nearly 50 years, but on his latest attempt staff told him they couldn't accept his blood without confirmation that he wasn't pregnant.

I Seriously cannot wait to die.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:41 am A 66-year-old male blood donor was turned away from a donation centre after refusing to answer a question about whether he was pregnant.

Leslie Sinclair has donated an incredible 125 pints of blood over the course of nearly 50 years, but on his latest attempt staff told him they couldn't accept his blood without confirmation that he wasn't pregnant.

Perhaps he had changed his sex recently. I mean, all a man has to do is think he's a woman and that gives him the ability to get pregnant right? Although you would think a 66 year old woman would be past it by then....
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:10 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:41 am A 66-year-old male blood donor was turned away from a donation centre after refusing to answer a question about whether he was pregnant.

Perhaps he had changed his sex recently. I mean, all a man has to do is think he's a woman and that gives him the ability to get pregnant right? Although you would think a 66 year old woman would be past it by then....
I missed the one school day where we had sex education. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that men can get pregnant from up the bottom.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:10 am

I'm just glad I grew up in the timeline I did.

But then the people born today know of no other reality except what they have been born into and conditioned to believe is normal.

It has taken me awhile to figure out humans are far from being normal...normal as like being just like any other roaming earthly animal upon the planet. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:25 am
I missed the one school day where we had sex education. But I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that men can get pregnant from up the bottom.
They probably can, and will.

Not a world I want to be born into. Imagine the population explosion when both sexes are choosing to have children.

Count me out.

Someone please, just stop this madness.