General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

DO dogs love us?

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi

Re: DO dogs love us?

Post by attofishpi »

I partially watched this vid yesterday prior to interruption and just finished it:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Y-GU3JqiQ

..but there was a doco I watched last year that detailed something genetic to dogs regarding something to the effect of a love gene - that not all humans carry, but all dogs do. Would be interesting to see if other animals also have this, but it seems dogs genetically developed more consistency to inherit this 'love' gene over time.
Not sure even if the doco suggested it was a gene to be honest, but yeah if any entity gets close to non-conditional love it is a dog.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Moving along from the crap in this video..........

I don't really care if my five dogs do or do not love me. I love them!

That is all that really matters.

They get very well cared for.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Of course they do. God knows why, because most dog owners are arrogant, one-eyed, aggressive, selfish arseholes who think everyone else has to love their mutts too. Pick up their shit. Don't have them off the lead around playgrounds and where others are walking/playing, don't let them bark all day and night or harass pedestrians innocently walking past your house, and don't be a kunt when some stranger objects to your smelly, unruly, muddy mutt jumping up on them.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

by vegetariantaxidermy
Of course they do. God knows why, because most dog owners are arrogant, one-eyed, aggressive, selfish arseholes who think everyone else has to love their mutts too. Pick up their shit. Don't have them off the lead around playgrounds and where others are walking/playing, don't let them bark all day and night or harass pedestrians innocently walking past your house, and don't be a kunt when some stranger objects to your smelly, unruly, muddy mutt jumping up on them.
Ha. On reflection I would call this neglect not love.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

I know my dog loves for me. It goes everywhere I go, and I keep it, mostly, zipped up in its own kennel.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Yes.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Now, I know children ask these kinds of questions, but a philosopher asks and answers in accordance with the First Principles, or the definition of a thing, the job of his mind, and the behavior it is supposed to produce.

Now, as a mind is the controlling life support system of the body, and since every life support system of a living organism maintains and promotes the life of that organism, then by the definition of a mind, is When two or more persons gather in my name there shall I be, or in other words, when two or more gather in doing the actual work of a mind, and Socrates said the same thing. Imagine that.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Or if the word "Dog" is used in a derogatory sense, well that shows that someone just ain't got no respect for the most beautiful creature ever made.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

DO dogs hate fire hydrants?

-Imp
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:57 pm DO dogs hate fire hydrants?

-Imp
ask one next time you set fire to their house.