NATO.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veganman

NATO.

Post by Veganman »

So, NATO says it will not engage in fighting Russia as they do not wish to extend the war but to contain and end it. Quite right you may think, but what happens if Russia goes into a small NATO country like Latvia, does the same agenda of not extending the war by avoiding any engagement with the Russians still apply? If not, then why should it be the reason we're not fighting this tyrant off now before he goes even further, which he undoubtebly will.
Impenitent

Re: NATO.

Post by Impenitent »

when (not if) putin hits a nato country, biden will respond by pulling out and surrendering all our weapons just like Afghanistan... (maybe not, but comrade biden is such a commander...)

biden will bring back the draft and enlist millions of tree hugging crossdressing troopers which will ensure the second civil war

missiles will fly, radiation will destroy 90% of the planet, chemical weapons will destroy the rest

utopia for everyone

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veganman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:05 am So, NATO says it will not engage in fighting Russia as they do not wish to extend the war but to contain and end it. Quite right you may think, but what happens if Russia goes into a small NATO country like Latvia, does the same agenda of not extending the war by avoiding any engagement with the Russians still apply? If not, then why should it be the reason we're not fighting this tyrant off now before he goes even further, which he undoubtebly will.
I've been thinking the exact same points, actually.

The main concerning issue here is that millions of people are going to die ..why, because their country was not a member of NATO

BUT then people who live in a NATO country will be defended to the last drop of blood...this makes no rational sense to me.

The raw truth is, we're all in this together, we all go down on the same lifeboat of hope, and that is a truth that most people turn a blind eye to.

Putin has played a very clever move on the proverbial chess board so to speak...in a cowardly sort of way. But then bullies have always been known to be inner cowards.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 am when (not if) putin hits a nato country, biden will respond by pulling out and surrendering all our weapons just like Afghanistan... (maybe not, but comrade biden is such a commander...)

Maybe Biden already knew there was about to be bigger fish to fry by pulling out of Afghanistan. So needed to pull out troops to use elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

BTW, I was watching some videos on Putin's wealth last night, I can't believe how rich he is, he literally believes he personally owns the whole country and it's entire contents ...known to him as his beloved Russia...what unbelievable confidence! :o
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am
Impenitent wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 am when (not if) putin hits a nato country, biden will respond by pulling out and surrendering all our weapons just like Afghanistan... (maybe not, but comrade biden is such a commander...)

Maybe Biden already knew there was about to be bigger fish to fry by pulling out of Afghanistan. So needed to pull out troops to use elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

BTW, I was watching some videos on Putin's wealth last night, I can't believe how rich he is, he literally believes he personally owns the whole country and it's entire contents ...known to him as his beloved Russia...what unbelievable confidence! :o
What unbelievable theft!
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:43 am
Veganman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:05 am So, NATO says it will not engage in fighting Russia as they do not wish to extend the war but to contain and end it. Quite right you may think, but what happens if Russia goes into a small NATO country like Latvia, does the same agenda of not extending the war by avoiding any engagement with the Russians still apply? If not, then why should it be the reason we're not fighting this tyrant off now before he goes even further, which he undoubtebly will.
I've been thinking the exact same points, actually.

The main concerning issue here is that millions of people are going to die ..why, because their country was not a member of NATO

BUT then people who live in a NATO country will be defended to the last drop of blood...this makes no rational sense to me.

The raw truth is, we're all in this together, we all go down on the same lifeboat of hope, and that is a truth that most people turn a blind eye to.

Putin has played a very clever move on the proverbial chess board so to speak...in a cowardly sort of way. But then bullies have always been known to be inner cowards.
I don't think NATO was set up in an altruistic manner. To me it seems little more than a protection racket, or perhaps more politely, an insurance policy, set up the largest arms dealers in the world to get others to buy their weapons. One of the things that worries me about this is that we all know what insurance companies are like when it comes to paying out! 😕
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veganman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:16 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 am

Just my opinion.

What unbelievable theft!
According to the epistle to the Thessalonians in the New Testament, the “day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.”

Perhaps Putin is God :roll:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veganman wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:21 am
I don't think NATO was set up in an altruistic manner. To me it seems little more than a protection racket, or perhaps more politely, an insurance policy, set up the largest arms dealers in the world to get others to buy their weapons. One of the things that worries me about this is that we all know what insurance companies are like when it comes to paying out! 😕

Yeah maybe..as for the insurance man metaphor, you will own nothing and be happy.

Oh wait! ..nothing owns me.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Weird. Why would Turkey of all countries object to Finland's and Sweden's NATO membership? Turkey's like way the fuck down souf from those countries.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

..because Turkey is now run by a turkey.