Misanthropy

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Misanthropy

Post by Gary Childress »

Is misanthropy the final outcome of a life of loneliness?
Belinda

Re: Misanthropy

Post by Belinda »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am Is misanthropy the final outcome of a life of loneliness?
No, because loneliness can make you psychologically stronger , and stronger implies more
able to help others.

By "psychologically stronger" I mean more able to able to consider your options with insight into your own and others' feelings.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I thought you only hated women. That would be a misogynist.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

My own misanthropy developed not as a result of recognizing the fact that I am, and have been, surrounded by inferior mortals most of my life - for that is a natural consequence of the evolutionary ranking of species and types - but upon recognizing that those inferiors had tremendous power and authority over me... a result of the artificial designs of society. It was here that what began as only the meager feeling of disgust with such lesser creatures, became a form of full blown contempt and hostility toward them. For, try as I might, I could not shake them, and found myself surrounded. Trampled by the herd, as it were, and I have never fully recovered.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am Is misanthropy the final outcome of a life of loneliness?
It's the final outcome of extreme individualism, mistaken exceptionalism and the externalisation of self-hate.

Every idiot thinks everybody else is an idiot. A misanthrope doesn't really hate humanity - they hate themselves for being only human, but they've externalised all of their bad traits and projected them onto society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm
It's the final outcome of extreme individualism, mistaken exceptionalism and the externalisation of self-hate.

Every idiot thinks everybody else is an idiot. A misanthrope doesn't really hate humanity - they hate themselves for being only human, but they've externalised all of their bad traits and projected them onto society.

And would you look at that.. the evidence presented itself... all by itself.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:16 pm My own misanthropy developed not as a result of recognizing the fact that I am, and have been, surrounded by inferior mortals most of my life - for that is a natural consequence of the evolutionary ranking of species and types - but upon recognizing that those inferiors had tremendous power and authority over me... a result of the artificial designs of society. It was here that what began as only the meager feeling of disgust with such lesser creatures, became a form of full blown contempt and hostility toward them.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am I thought you only hated women. That would be a misogynist.
I hate everyone because everyone is against me. I wouldn't know love if it beat me relentlessly over the head with a blunted object. And I don't love anyone anymore. I'd blow my own head off if death wasn't infinitely more scary to me. So I seem to be stuck in this worthless world.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Seems like rather a sweeping generalisation. Some people might have just had bad experiences with other people. That's not exactly unheard of. There are a lot of kunts out there, and going by the way most humans are when they get into a mob, it's easy to see how the more sensitive outsiders can become misanthropic. The internet makes it even easier to hate people. Most people are, 'Oh my god, is that what humans are REALLY like behind the facades??'
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am I thought you only hated women. That would be a misogynist.
I hate everyone because everyone is against me. I wouldn't know love if it beat me relentlessly over the head with a blunted object. And I don't love anyone anymore. I'd blow my own head off if death wasn't infinitely more scary to me. So I seem to be stuck in this worthless world.
Are your parents against you? What do you think 'blowing your own head off' would do to them? It seems to me that your only problem with people is that women don't seem to be attracted to you. Of course, that must be THEIR fault...
You appear to believe that being in a relationship will solve everything for you. That couldn't be further from the truth. There is a good reason why women are not attracted to the mentally unstable. Think about it for a while.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 pm
Are your parents against you? It seems to me that your only problem with people is that women don't seem to be attracted to you. Of course, that must be THEIR fault...
I've lived with my parents all my life. If you don't understand what I go through, it's because you haven't.

Post by Age »

You appear to have absolutely NO understanding AT ALL, YET, of just how much POWER the words one 'thinks' and 'uses' has.

The ACTUAL Truth IS, The words one uses CREATES "the world" that one lives in.

If one has a 'dislike of humankind' or not, is ALL depended upon the 'thoughts', 'thinking', and 'feelings' within. EXACTLY LIKE, if one's "world" is of 'loneliness' or not is SOLELY dependent upon the 'thoughts', 'thinking', and 'feelings' within.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Are your parents against you? It seems to me that your only problem with people is that women don't seem to be attracted to you. Of course, that must be THEIR fault...
I've lived with my parents all my life. If you don't understand what I go through, it's because you haven't.
Are YOU attracted to mentally unstable women who whine all the time and hate all people? That woman you are allegedly 'in love' with. What attracts you to her? The fact that she doesn't want you?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:10 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Are YOU attracted to mentally unstable women who whine all the time and hate all people? That woman you are allegedly 'in love' with. What attracts you to her? The fact that she doesn't want you?
I admire her beauty, popularity and her toughness. She's probably everything I'm not but wish I were.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:16 pm My own misanthropy developed not as a result of recognizing the fact that I am, and have been, surrounded by inferior mortals most of my life - for that is a natural consequence of the evolutionary ranking of species and types - but upon recognizing that those inferiors had tremendous power and authority over me... a result of the artificial designs of society.
But that 'misanthropy' is only caused by that completely and utterly False, Wrong, and Incorrect perception of 'superiority' you have.

If 'you' STILL REALLY BELIEVE that 'you' are 'superior', then PROVE this by SHOWING it. So far 'you' have FAILED, ABSOLUTELY.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:16 pm It was here that what began as only the meager feeling of disgust with such lesser creatures, became a form of full blown contempt and hostility toward them. For, try as I might, I could not shake them, and found myself surrounded. Trampled by the herd, as it were, and I have never fully recovered.
OF COURSE, as a very young child 'you' WERE FAR MORE SUPERIOR, in a sense, than ANY of the "older" human beings. But now, that 'you' are just ANOTHER one of 'you', "older" human beings, 'you' are just as INFERIOR, in a sense, as the rest of 'you', adult human beings.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Misanthropy by any other name would still be projection.