General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Misanthropy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:13 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:10 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:02 pm

I've lived with my parents all my life. If you don't understand what I go through, it's because you haven't.
Are YOU attracted to mentally unstable women who whine all the time and hate all people? That woman you are allegedly 'in love' with. What attracts you to her? The fact that she doesn't want you?
I admire her beauty, popularity and her toughness. She's probably everything I'm not but wish I were.
Then how do you even know such a person? I shudder to think, to be honest.
This isn't 'in love'--it's infatuation, in much the same way that people become attracted to famous people. It's a shallow thing.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am I thought you only hated women. That would be a misogynist.
I hate everyone because everyone is against me.
The POWER of words.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm I wouldn't know love if it beat me relentlessly over the head with a blunted object.
Although knowing what 'love' IS, EXACTLY, is NOT hard AT ALL to FIND OUT and DISCOVER, do you KNOW of another human being, previously, or in the days when this was being written, who KNEW 'love'?

If no, then WHY be so surprised if you would NOT 'know love' if it beat you, in anyway?

But, if you do know of someone who 'knows love', then will you direct 'us' to 'them'?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm And I don't love anyone anymore. I'd blow my own head off if death wasn't infinitely more scary to me.
1. Do you EVER listen to the actual WORDS being used here?

2. Have you EVER thought about how they might sound to "others"?

3. When did you love ANY one, BEFORE? When did you STOP? And, if you would NOT 'know love' ("if 'love' beat you relentlessly over the head with a blunted object") how do you KNOW you do NOT 'love' ANY one ANY more? Surely one would have to KNOW 'love' to KNOW if they 'love' another, anymore, right?

4. If one does NOT 'know love', then HOW would they KNOW if they have been 'loved' or not?

5. What, EXACTLY, are you 'scared' of, about 'death', itself? From what I have observed, so far anyway, there is NOT one 'thing' that would be 'scary' in 'death'. But, maybe, you will SHOW me otherwise? We will have to wait and SEE. In fact absolutely EVERY thing I SEE 'in death' is of absolute BLISS, or PEACE.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:18 pm So I seem to be stuck in this worthless world.
The POWER of words, AGAIN.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am Is misanthropy the final outcome of a life of loneliness?
It's the final outcome of extreme individualism, mistaken exceptionalism and the externalisation of self-hate.

Every idiot thinks everybody else is an idiot. A misanthrope doesn't really hate humanity - they hate themselves for being only human, but they've externalised all of their bad traits and projected them onto society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)
Seems like rather a sweeping generalisation. Some people might have just had bad experiences with other people. That's not exactly unheard of. There are a lot of kunts out there, and going by the way most humans are when they get into a mob, it's easy to see how more sensitive outsiders can become misanthropic. The internet makes it even easier to hate people. Most people are, 'Oh my god, is that what humans are REALLY like behind the facades??'
Name just one so-called "kunt" under one year old, and number how many 'adults' are "kunts" there are, to you. That should provide a good idea, and a good reflection on, of HOW and WHY, EXACTLY, 'you', "kunts", BECAME "kunts".

If 'you' are NOT born that way, then what has happened in 'your' childhoods?

Oh, and by the way, considering just how PARTICULAR 'you' are, "vegeteriantaxidermy", about spelling and the usage of words WHY do you spell the word 'cunts' with a 'k'? What is the so-called "correct" spelling of that word, to 'you'?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:52 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am I thought you only hated women. That would be a misogynist.
I hate everyone because everyone is against me. I wouldn't know love if it beat me relentlessly over the head with a blunted object. And I don't love anyone anymore. I'd blow my own head off if death wasn't infinitely more scary to me. So I seem to be stuck in this worthless world.
Are your parents against you? What do you think 'blowing your own head off' would do to them? It seems to me that your only problem with people is that women don't seem to be attracted to you. Of course, that must be THEIR fault...
You appear to believe that being in a relationship will solve everything for you. That couldn't be further from the truth. There is a good reason why women are not attracted to the mentally unstable. Think about it for a while.
Is there a good reason why men are not attracted to the mentally unstable, or do they not have a good reason to be not attracted to the mentally unstable? Have you thought about that previously, let alone for a while?

Now, if you want to just criticize or insult someone, personally, then why not just do it directly to that one? Or, do you seriously think or believe that it is only women who have a good reason to not be attracted to the so-called "mentally unstable"?

And, if ANY one is NOT 'attracted' to some 'thing', then it could also be said or argued that they have a 'dislike' for that 'thing'. Therefore, considering the Fact that EVERY one of 'you', adult human beings, is 'mentally unstable', in one form or another, then for "gary childress' to have a 'dislike for humankind' seems PERFECTLY reasonable, and thus, literally, has a 'good reason' to have 'misanthropy'. After all, if women can have a 'good reason' to not be attracted to, or dislike, the 'mentally unstable', then why could "gary childress" also not have a 'good reason' too?

Should this be thought about for a while also?
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:49 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:27 pm
It's the final outcome of extreme individualism, mistaken exceptionalism and the externalisation of self-hate.

Every idiot thinks everybody else is an idiot. A misanthrope doesn't really hate humanity - they hate themselves for being only human, but they've externalised all of their bad traits and projected them onto society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)
Seems like rather a sweeping generalisation. Some people might have just had bad experiences with other people. That's not exactly unheard of. There are a lot of kunts out there, and going by the way most humans are when they get into a mob, it's easy to see how more sensitive outsiders can become misanthropic. The internet makes it even easier to hate people. Most people are, 'Oh my god, is that what humans are REALLY like behind the facades??'
Name just one so-called "kunt" under one year old, and number how many 'adults' are "kunts" there are, to you. That should provide a good idea, and a good reflection on, of HOW and WHY, EXACTLY, 'you', "kunts", BECAME "kunts".

Oh, and by the way, considering just how PARTICULAR 'you' are, "vegeteriantaxidermy", about spelling and the usage of words WHY do you spell the word 'cunts' with a 'k'? What is the so-called "correct" spelling of that word, to 'you'?
Because it didn't used to show up when spelt correctly. I see that is no longer the case.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:00 pm

I hate everyone because everyone is against me. I wouldn't know love if it beat me relentlessly over the head with a blunted object. And I don't love anyone anymore. I'd blow my own head off if death wasn't infinitely more scary to me. So I seem to be stuck in this worthless world.
Are your parents against you? What do you think 'blowing your own head off' would do to them? It seems to me that your only problem with people is that women don't seem to be attracted to you. Of course, that must be THEIR fault...
You appear to believe that being in a relationship will solve everything for you. That couldn't be further from the truth. There is a good reason why women are not attracted to the mentally unstable. Think about it for a while.
Is there a good reason why men are not attracted to the mentally unstable, or do they not have a good reason to be not attracted to the mentally unstable? Have you thought about that previously, let alone for a while?

Now, if you want to just criticize or insult someone, personally, then why not just do it directly to that one? Or, do you seriously think or believe that it is only women who have a good reason to not be attracted to the so-called "mentally unstable"?

And, if ANY one is NOT 'attracted' to some 'thing', then it could also be said or argued that they have a 'dislike' for that 'thing'. Therefore, considering the Fact that EVERY one of 'you', adult human beings, is 'mentally unstable', in one form or another, then for "gary childress' to have a 'dislike for humankind' seems PERFECTLY reasonable, and thus, literally, has a 'good reason' to have 'misanthropy'. After all, if women can have a 'good reason' to not be attracted to, or dislike, the 'mentally unstable', then why could "gary childress" also not have a 'good reason' too?

It's women that Gary has a beef with because he says none of tham are attracted to him. I didn't like to say 'insane' because that would be unkind, although the irony here is that Gary comes across as probably one of the sanest people on the internet (apart from the extreme self-pitying), yet he says he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia...

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:24 pm
Age wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:00 pm

It's women that Gary has a beef with because he says none of tham are attracted to him.
From one of the threads "gary childress" started, and replied a few times in, there is no wonder why women are not attracted.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:24 pm I didn't like to say 'insane' because that would be unkind, although the irony here is that Gary comes across as probably one of the sanest people on the internet (apart from the extreme self-pitying), yet he says he's been diagnosed with schizophrenia...
But why would just telling the Truth be so-called "unkind"?

There is NOT a single adult human being who has PERFECT 'thoughts', nor 'thinks' PERFECTLY, so EVERY one of them is 'insane', in one way or another.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:22 pm

Because it didn't used to show up when spelt correctly. I see that is no longer the case.
Okay.

Also, and just out of curiosity, would the word 'use' be more correct here than the word 'used'?
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:28 am

Okay.

Also, and just out of curiosity, would the word 'use' be more correct here than the word 'used'?
No, it wouldn't. The expression is 'used to'.

Used to: meaning and form
We use used to when we refer to things in the past which are no longer true. It can refer to repeated actions or to a state or situation:

He used to play football for the local team, but he’s too old now.

That white house over there used to belong to my family. (It belonged to my family in the past, but not any more.)

I suppose 'It used to not show up' would have been a more elegant sentence.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:58 am
Age wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:28 am

Okay.

No, it wouldn't. The expression is 'used to'.
Okay, thanks.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:58 am
Used to: meaning and form
We use used to when we refer to things in the past which are no longer true. It can refer to repeated actions or to a state or situation:

He used to play football for the local team, but he’s too old now.

That white house over there used to belong to my family. (It belonged to my family in the past, but not any more.)

I suppose 'It used to not show up' would have been a more elegant sentence.
Yes, I think it was the word 'didn't' before the words 'used to', which was making me question it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 pm Seems like rather a sweeping generalisation. Some people might have just had bad experiences with other people. That's not exactly unheard of. There are a lot of kunts out there, and going by the way most humans are when they get into a mob, it's easy to see how the more sensitive outsiders can become misanthropic. The internet makes it even easier to hate people. Most people are, 'Oh my god, is that what humans are REALLY like behind the facades??'
You had a bad experience with ALL of humanity; or you had a bad experience with a few people and then assumed the other 8 billion are just like that?

Being cynical about one's caricaturisation of humans is easy. It's also lazy.

I'd try and explain to you what a sampling bias is, but would it even matter?
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Belinda wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:46 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:17 am Is misanthropy the final outcome of a life of loneliness?
No, because loneliness can make you psychologically stronger , and stronger implies more
able to help others.

By "psychologically stronger" I mean more able to able to consider your options with insight into your own and others' feelings.
Who in their right mind would like the human race. You only have to look at the history of the world to realise that we are not a good species. Anyway, I tend to think that most vegans are not keen on the humans, and considering what they do to other species and the planet we live on, who can blame them. 🤔 I tend to agree with you about loneliness making you stronger, but is it really loneliness that does this, or the ability to see the world for what it really is?
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:09 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:49 pm Seems like rather a sweeping generalisation. Some people might have just had bad experiences with other people. That's not exactly unheard of. There are a lot of kunts out there, and going by the way most humans are when they get into a mob, it's easy to see how the more sensitive outsiders can become misanthropic. The internet makes it even easier to hate people. Most people are, 'Oh my god, is that what humans are REALLY like behind the facades??'
You had a bad experience with ALL of humanity; or you had a bad experience with a few people and then assumed the other 8 billion are just like that?

Being cynical about one's caricaturisation of humans is easy. It's also lazy.

I'd try and explain to you what a sampling bias is, but would it even matter?
What do you mean 'you'?
Emotions aren't necessarily rational, or anything else. They are just emotions. They can't be 'right' or 'wrong'. If A PERSON is continually treated badly by other humans then it's understandable that the person could end up disliking all humans in general. It's just the way THAT PERSON has reacted to their particular experience. Plus, humans don't exactly have a wonderful track record historically for how they treat other humans. We really aren't a very nice animal. We also are not robots.
Misogyny is different though. Gary hasn't been treated badly by women, they have simply not been co-operative in giving him what he feels he deserves from them.