Canada child graves

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Canada child graves

Post by henry quirk »

I recall a thread on this, or at least a mention of it...

https://www.dorchesterreview.ca/blogs/n ... been-found
Immanuel Can

Re: Canada child graves

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:26 am I recall a thread on this, or at least a mention of it...

I'd heard the same...but could scarcely believe it. The report I saw two days ago said the entire scandal was premised on the existence of "v" shaped marks on a ground-radar screen. But that didn't seem at all plausible to me: how could people be so up-in-arms about something, unless there was at least some evidence of it?

So I guess the next step is to have a formal excavation and exhumation of some of the bodies, to see what's actually there...

But I have a feeling, for some reason, that's not going to happen...Don't ask me why, but I think they're not going to check. I am starting to think maybe they don't want to know...

We'll see, I guess.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:26 am I recall a thread on this, or at least a mention of it...

Here's more, from National Post journalist Barbara Kay:

The “discovery” meme arose from a scanning by ground-penetrating radar in a search for the remains of children already surmised to have been buried there. A preliminary report did not find bodies, but rather soil disruptions in a nearby apple orchard. No remains were exhumed, but First Nation Chief Rosanne Casimir stated that according to community “knowledge,” the soil abnormalities were 215 “missing children,” some as young as three.

The anthropologist who oversaw the scans cautiously theorized that there were likely 200 “probable burials” — not specifying age — based on the disturbances. But only excavation could provide further evidence of anything, and no excavation has yet been done. But the story was too good to fact-check, and went viral, often with the trope “mass graves” substituting for “unmarked graves,” a distinction with an enormous difference, since “mass” graves are associated with genocide.
Article content

Suddenly there was talk of “thousands” of “missing” Indigenous children whose parents had not been informed of their deaths. The Parliamentary flag was lowered to half-mast; China (of all nations) called for an investigation into Canada’s human rights violations at the UN Human Rights Tribunal; Pope Francis expressed pain over the “shocking discovery in Canada of the remains of 215 children” at Kamloops.

Nobody in political authority — certainly not our instantly and abjectly apologetic prime minister — has to date pointed out that no actual remains have been found.

What the heck does "community knowledge" mean there? If that's the only actual basis for the claim of "mass graves," that's really thin evidence.

The right thing is to call for a national inquiry, an exhumation of alleged "bodies," and a finding of the facts.

But I'll bet the Canadian PM will never, never do that: because he's already sold out to the narrative that there are going to be lots of aboriginal bodies found there, and that they'll be piled in a way that says "genocide." There's no way he's going to risk the truth coming out, if it doesn't turn out to back his play.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

the Canadian PM

mebbe after the truckers leave, he'll untuck his tail, reinsert his spine, and issue a statement

🤔
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:15 pm the Canadian PM

mebbe after the truckers leave, he'll untuck his tail, reinsert his spine, and issue a statement

🤔
Here's another news report on this: this one from Oz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbXE18omy0
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

What’s the point here? 100ys ago, In northern scaninavia “we” had massive programs to civilize the Same people of northern Scandinavia. Social democrats were in favor of sterilize groups of people that were seen as not meeting up to society’s standards, huge popular consent. Of course canadians did the same. Those were the times. OK even the founding fathers of USA was fully aware of the wrongdoings of slavery, but in 1900 Darwin was pretty fresh, and workers getting better off were not in favor of any kind of groups that didn’t do daytime work. Each according to ability. Not just the lazy part of it. Both my grandfathers, workers, should have been pretty shocked if they saw the states of things now.
Not pretty now but the modus operandi back then in the western world.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 am What’s the point here?
Oh, you don't know?

The Canadians have been self-flaggelating and prostrating themselves for almost a year now, because (they said) the Kamloops incident showed widespread "genocide of aboriginal people." Now, it appears they have not even one body. They've even federally mandated that all their flags have to be flown at half-mast, in shame...for something that apparently never happened at Kamloops!

If it turns out there are actually no bodies there, then it's an interesting illustration of SJW's invoking illusory guilt to make people dance to their tune. Never has so much been made out of absolutely nothing, then. And it reminds us to stop listening to the SJW's and their whiney guilt-mongering: because it's nothing more than self-serving and manipulative. Even though we sort of knew that, this is a great case to make the point to the public.

But we'll see what "turns up," and decide what to think then...if they have the nerve to investigate their folly. I suspect the SJW set is too cowardly, too lacking in conviction that they're right, ever to allow a digging up of alleged bodies in Kamloops. And the PM is one of them, so he's not going to allow yet another embarassment to come to him and his regime.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 amWhat’s the point here?
my points: that credentialed conductors of fact can and do lie as much as anyone; the lies of these credentialed conductors of fact can ruin reputations, give impetus to misdirectin' public funds, and generally erode a community's sense of itself; that everything comin' to you by way of broadcast, print, or word of mouth ought be taken, not with a pinch, but with a goddamned handful (or two), of salt
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

I hate sites like that. I tried to go there only to get an impassable pop up demanding I accept their cookies, etc. So I am not going to risk clicking just to read. But I did catch that it was an apparent reference to bodies NOT FOUND as though that somehow undoes all the other bodies found in other residential schools. I believe these are the fault most particularly of the Catholics who were placed in charge to 're-educate' the Natives by IMPOSING religious related beliefs about their need to be 'converted' to be civil.

Our government and many specifically culture-concerned people have protected the religious cults while simultanseouly pretending that the problem of these education systems were non-religiously significant. They found many bodies in a few different prior school grounds. I personally would not interpret this as supporting the reason for NOT educating people in common with the rest of society but that it is intended to APPEAR as though ANY such schools are 'evil'. Had it been done with a different non-religious approach, while you cannot guarantee no abuses would occur, you can be sure that IF any occurs, we would focus on holding those PARTICULAR abusers accountable. This was BLOCKED by our government so that it could protect the Catholics and other Christian supported private school systems that get chartered privileges by our arrogant Constitution. ALL prior residents (students) were treated as though they were ALL hazardously abused so that they can pay them off quick while imposing clauses that prevent the Natives from being able to charge the offenders.

Note too that the prior British schools that also did this were frowned upon by many. But these are merely based upon how ANY private college with residential requirements that isolate YOUNG kids from their parents in long periods of time become grounds for abuses against them. Thus the accusation of "cultural genocide", while coincidentally true, are not the underlying FLAW of the Canadian Residential School system. The religious people who interpreted the Natives as intrinsically flawed for not being Christian is why the abuses occured here.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Scott,

their cookies

you don't have to accept them...I didn't and was able to read the whole piece
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:07 am Scott,

their cookies

you don't have to accept them...I didn't and was able to read the whole piece
I was concerned about the clicking anything. I could check the HTML to see if it is a safe link but am just to lazy and annoyed for having to be expected to. Was the rest of it speaking of what was NOT found at some specific place? ...If so, I too have no buried children in my yard. Does that count as news or does it suggest that NO SUCH bodies have been found ANYWHERE? :lol:
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:32 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 am What’s the point here?
Oh, you don't know?

The Canadians have been self-flaggelating and prostrating themselves for almost a year now, because (they said) the Kamloops incident showed widespread "genocide of aboriginal people." Now, it appears they have not even one body. They've even federally mandated that all their flags have to be flown at half-mast, in shame...for something that apparently never happened at Kamloops!

If it turns out there are actually no bodies there, then it's an interesting illustration of SJW's invoking illusory guilt to make people dance to their tune. Never has so much been made out of absolutely nothing, then. And it reminds us to stop listening to the SJW's and their whiney guilt-mongering: because it's nothing more than self-serving and manipulative. Even though we sort of knew that, this is a great case to make the point to the public.

But we'll see what "turns up," and decide what to think then...if they have the nerve to investigate their folly. I suspect the SJW set is too cowardly, too lacking in conviction that they're right, ever to allow a digging up of alleged bodies in Kamloops. And the PM is one of them, so he's not going to allow yet another embarassment to come to him and his regime.
Lets be fair. I agree with the fact that the SJWs are incorrect for their extreme. But why note the LACK of finding somewhere? They already 'won' the prior charge of abuse by these schools. The bodies just add rhetorical force to the claims about abuses. They have a delegation meeting with the Pope for an 'apology' but I think this is insincere given it isn't being done openly. If anything, the bodies they have found should add strength and possibility of overthrowing the Supreme Court's protection of the churches involved.

The major reason for the acceptance of abuse wholescale by government is to PREVENT charges being laid against many particular abusers that will no doubt demonstrate MORE the degree of corruption of religious institutes themselves than what the charges that succeeded in the U.S. specifically proved about Catholic priests, etc.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

scott,

I could check the HTML to see if it is a safe link but am just to lazy

and I'm too lazy to start replicatin' the piece here as a cut & paste post, or a in-my-own-words summary

😐

the bodies they have found

which is the point of the piece: no bodies have been found, but all reportin' has been as though bodies were stacked like cordwood, plain as day

They already 'won' the prior charge of abuse by these schools.

that's like sayin' we've proven Joe is a rapist so Stan must be one too...never mind there's no evidence against Stan...he's a man, just like Joe, so he's guilty
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:07 am scott,

I could check the HTML to see if it is a safe link but am just to lazy

and I'm too lazy to start replicatin' the piece here as a cut & paste post, or a in-my-own-words summary

😐

the bodies they have found

which the point of the piece: no bodies have been found, but all reportin' has been as though bodies were stacked like cordwood, plain as day
I meant to reference the following in the last post. I tried copy and paste myself of this chart but recognized I need to screen shoot this and so...
2022-02-02_192239.png
2022-02-02_192239.png (65.79 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Something has changed with respect to this image that I can't seem to fix. This site likely reduced its quality for images now. So here is the link to the wikipedia page:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_ ... gravesites

Then look for that summary of locations area. There are almost 2000 bodies.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

There are almost 2000 bodies.

and, apparently, not a single one has been found in Kamloops

again: the point of the piece: no bodies have been found (in Kamloops), but all reportin' has been as though bodies were stacked like cordwood, plain as day