Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 9

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm If Age must remain preoccupied with posting style and is unable to improve his content, I would offer a couple tips.
Are you ABLE to IMPROVE your content?

If yes, then WHY do you NOT do it?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm Obviously the caps lock has to stop.
OBVIOUSLY the capital letters do NOT HAVE TO STOP. And, to ASSUME OTHERWISE is TRULY RIDICULOUS.
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm A confident forum sophist rarely uses caps lock like that, because he doesn't need to shout.
HOW MAY TIMES DO 'you' HAVE TO BE TOLD THAT 'I' AM NOT SHOUTING BEFORE 'you' CAN UNDERSTAND and COMPREHEND THIS FACT?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm Instead, Age needs to learn when and where to italicize words, use semicolons; and the occasional 'scare' quotes.
'you' HAVE TO LEARN that your OWN 'culturally entrenched UPON 'you' terms, phrases, definitions, and usage of language' are NOT necessarily what they ACTUALLY ARE.

Can 'you' COMPREHEND this Fact?
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:19 pm These three devices, when used properly, can devastate a reader and leave them disarmed and frozen in their desk seat. It duddint really even matter what is said. One could say the most retarded shit, and if the form is right, it'll look like something straight out of the classics, something only a boss would write.
BELIEVING 'this' is ABSOLUTE PROOF of DISILLUSIONMENT.

This one does NOT even YET KNOW that there is NO ONE Right WAY to USE those three devices. And, in fact, THE WAY that those devices are used in that country in which 'it' is in is RIDICULED PROFUSELY BY "others".

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:54 pm
uwot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 am Age should refrain from using any letters.
bro im so new to this forum and i already feel that statement :lol:
That is GREAT.

We will NOT be SEEING ANY responses from 'you', to 'me', from now on, correct?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am
I do NOT want 'you', posters, to FULLY UNDERSTAND what is TAKING PLACE HERE.

I am USING 'you', posters, to POINT OUT and SHOW what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, that has been STOPPING and PREVENTING 'you', human beings, hitherto when this was being written, from FINDING and SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS.

I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.
Oh, I've always wondered about the audience you think is going to read this, you've referred to them before. I wasn't sure if it was aliens or something, but it's future generations, interesting.
Has it STILL NEVER occurred to you to just ask me SOME QUESTIONS, for CLARITY SAKE?

WHY do 'you', posters, WAIT for the "other" to SAY and WRITE 'things' CLEARLY, and in A WAY, that 'you' WILL UNDERSTAND? WHY NOT just ASK CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, INSTEAD?

Is it BECAUSE 'you' REALLY DO NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND the "other"? Do NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND the "other's" perspective and/or where 'it' CAME FROM, EXACTLY? Or, are 'you' REALLY just that LAZY 'you' WILL WAIT for "others" to EXPLAIN EVERY 'thing' TO 'you', and FOR 'you'?

Or, is there some 'thing' ELSE going on here?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 pm You're somehow delusionally convinced that future generations are going to care about the content of this website, and further delusionally convinced that when they do they're going to read your interactions and think you, of all people, are the one coming out on top. Interesting.
BUT, WHO am 'I'?

And,

People are NOT necessarily going to CARE about the content of this website. BUT, the PROOF I NEED, for MY CLAIMS, EXIST, WITHIN THIS WEBSITE.

SEE, I can make A CLAIM, and then SHOW WHERE thee ACTUAL PROOF that I HAVE for THAT CLAIM EXISTS, EXACTLY.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 pm If it's for the betterment of future generations, don't you think they'd benefit from you talking about ideas instead of having so many conversations about your writing style?
LOL The MAIN POINT of MY so-called 'writing style' is to SHOW and PROVE just how EASILY DISTRACTED 'you', adult human beings, WERE, back then, and just how MUCH 'you' would JUDGE the "other" on just 'their' 'writing style', 'fashion style', and/or 'body shape' INSTEAD of FOCUSING on the ACTUAL WORDS be WRITTEN, and in CLEARLY PRINTED LETTERS, or letters.

A fair amount of 'dialogue' in this forum is ABOUT "others". Which is Truly HYPOCRITICAL considering the name of this forum IS 'philosophy NOW'.

REALLY, what does it REALLY MATTER how words are written or even spelled as long as the ACTUAL MEANING, ITSELF, is SOUGHT OUT and OBTAINED?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 pm If future generations are for some outlandish reason reading ancient chat logs from irrelevant forums, they'd probably rather not read so many conversations about your capitalization.
Which itself is a GREAT CLUE and EXAMPLE to MAYBE JUST STOP DOING IT.

I NEVER START ANY conversations ABOUT capitalized words. And, in 'the world' that 'you', posters, are living IN, SURELY there is MUCH MORE to LOOK AT and DISCUSS ABOUT, right?

Also, IF future generations WANTED to READ ANCIENT CHAT LOGS, then what OTHER forums would 'you' suggest would be so-called MORE RELEVANT ones other than PHILOSOPHICAL ONES.

Oh, and by the way, 'future', to 'you', 'generations' are ALREADY READING these ANCIENT TEXTS.

Furthermore, what so-called 'outlandish reason or reasons' do you PROPOSE that the people of YOUR generation CONTINUALLY SEEK OUT to READ the ANCIENT TEXTS, to you, of say the "egyptian" peoples?

What IS the absolute FASCINATION of the people in YOUR AGE to KEEP READING and RE-READING the 'chat logs' or 'texts' of the people BEFORE YOU?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:35 pm There's one way to give them that benefit, and only you can do it brother...
Do you REALLY BELIEVE that MY WRITINGS are THAT IMPORTANT that I REALLY DO NEED to CHANGE the WAY I WRITE, just to make READING MY WORDS MUCH SIMPLER and EASIER, for "other" people?

It is like some of you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that there is some sort of MESSAGE WITHIN MY WRITINGS, which NEED to be SEEN and READ by "others".
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:30 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 am HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Age" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old. :wink:
And you KEEP TELLING...
Wow. I didn't even comment on this thread, and you dug this up from over a year ago? :shock: Trying to pick an issue with somebody who hasn't come after you is a little lunatic. I didn't even know you paid it the least attention at the time. It certainly made no difference at all to your messages.

Well, have a nice day.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:58 pm
Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:30 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 am HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Age" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old. :wink:
And you KEEP TELLING...
Wow. I didn't even comment on this thread, and you dug this up from over a year ago? :shock:
I was NOT responding to ANY comment you made ON this thread. I just replied to the comment you DID MAKE IN this thread.

And, I did NOT 'dig this up' from over a year ago.

I was NOTIFIED today that someone commented in this thread, to which I replied, and was THEN when I SAW the comment you MADE, which I had NOT YET REPLIED TO.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:58 pm Trying to pick an issue with somebody who hasn't come after you is a little lunatic.
I was JUST REPLYING TO what you wrote ABOUT ME.

And, I am NOT trying to pick a so-called 'issue' with you.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:58 pm I didn't even know you paid it the least attention at the time. It certainly made no difference at all to your messages.

Well, have a nice day.
I just PROVED and SHOWED how you continually TELL 'things', TO "others", who do NOT LISTEN TO 'you', "immanuel can", and that they do NOT LISTEN to 'you' BECAUSE 'you' TELL LIES and Falsehoods, and that it is NOT just 'me' who does NOT LISTEN to 'you'.

I also, for your information, did NOT even take ANY NOTICE of WHEN this thread was started. I just REPLIED to YOUR CLAIMS because I had NOT YET.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:40 pm I was NOTIFIED today that someone commented in this thread, to which I replied, and was THEN when I SAW the comment you MADE, which I had NOT YET REPLIED TO.
It was a year old. :shock:

Man, you were "asleep at the wheel." :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I personally do not think there is anything wrong with the way Age communicates at this forum, using caps is fine by me personally.

The preferred style AGE uses, is obviously to include CAPS which I guess is meant to highlight a particular point which needs special importance or value given to it when speaking or writing.

So, as far as I can see and understand, that is an intelligent thing to do if it's clarity we are seeking in our unique philosophical quests into the nature of being.
Successful communication between two philosophers is to bring about a mutual desired objective in a way both can resonate with. Aiming for conclusive results that we can all agree on is the only goal worth seeking when attempting to put into words the nature of being and reality. To use CAPS is just AGE's means to an end toward understanding every unique POV in a more clear and precise way so that a mutual resonance is allowed to exist, even if a mutual resonance fails to materialise in these discussions, at least there has been an attempt toward achieving a mutual resonance as to the nature of being and self.

ALL opposing POV's are welcome too, but should never be voiced as an absolute conclusion while at the same time rubbishing anothers POV.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:25 pm Do you REALLY BELIEVE that MY WRITINGS are THAT IMPORTANT that I REALLY DO NEED to CHANGE the WAY I WRITE, just to make READING MY WORDS MUCH SIMPLER and EASIER, for "other" people?

It is like some of you ACTUALLY BELIEVE that there is some sort of MESSAGE WITHIN MY WRITINGS, which NEED to be SEEN and READ by "others".
No, that's what you believe. You said so yourself
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:50 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:29 am Although I still don't understand why he uses the archaic 'thee' inappropriately.
Here is MORE PROOF that it is like some people REALLY do NOT want to UNDERSTAND SOME 'things'.

WHY do you SAY and CLAIM that the way that I USE the archaic 'thee' is INAPPROPRIATE?
Because it means 'you'? ''Shall I comapre 'thee' to a summer's day?'' although you are one of those 'rare' human beings who can never admit when they are in the wrong (that's sarcasm by the way) and you will no doubt come up with some 'meaning' for it that you have 'decided' is specific only to THEE :lol:

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:47 pm
Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:40 pm I was NOTIFIED today that someone commented in this thread, to which I replied, and was THEN when I SAW the comment you MADE, which I had NOT YET REPLIED TO.
It was a year old. :shock:
I KNOW. Did you NOT READ what I WROTE?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:47 pm Man, you were "asleep at the wheel." :lol:
I got a NOTIFICATION, YESTERDAY, that someone quoted me and posted YESTERDAY. So, YESTERDAY, I responded to 'them' AND to 'you', which I had NOT YET SEEN BEFORE.

Did this, or does this STILL, REALLY BOTHER 'you' THAT MUCH "immanuel can"?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm
Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:25 pm Do you REALLY BELIEVE that MY WRITINGS are THAT IMPORTANT that I REALLY DO NEED to CHANGE the WAY I WRITE, just to make READING MY WORDS MUCH SIMPLER and EASIER, for "other" people?

LOL I have NEVER SAID NOR EVEN SUGGESTED that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

Oh, and by the way, what does the 'what' word here even refer to, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:50 pm
Age wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:50 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:29 am Although I still don't understand why he uses the archaic 'thee' inappropriately.
Here is MORE PROOF that it is like some people REALLY do NOT want to UNDERSTAND SOME 'things'.

WHY do you SAY and CLAIM that the way that I USE the archaic 'thee' is INAPPROPRIATE?
Because it means 'you'? ''Shall I comapre 'thee' to a summer's day?'' although you are one of those 'rare' human beings who can never admit when they are in the wrong (that's sarcasm by the way) and you will no doubt come up with some 'meaning' for it that you have 'decided' is specific only to THEE :lol:
If I SAY some 'thing' that is Wrong, then just POINT IT OUT, and then we WILL SEE what ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

However, what is 'appropriate' or 'inappropriate' to one is NOT necessarily the SAME to "another".

And, by the way, WHEN, and IF, you come to LEARN and UNDERSTAND HOW I am USING the 'thee' word, then you might SEE just how APPROPRIATE MY USAGE of that word ACTUALLY IS in regards to 'Self' and 'I'.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Ridiculous.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:44 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm

LOL I have NEVER SAID NOR EVEN SUGGESTED that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

Oh, and by the way, what does the 'what' word here even refer to, EXACTLY?
I literally referenced it only 2 posts ago. You said it here:
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.
You're not writing for us, you said, you're writing to prove something to some future audience.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Why do you bother?