Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 9

uwot

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 amSEE, I might ACTUALLY be leading 'you' VERY ASTRAY with THESE WORDS before 'you'.
Well, if in reality you are less than a complete nutcase, job done.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

It's childish and annoying.

He hopes to emphasis what he is saying, but it just makes he look like a jerk.

On ILP it is a reportable offence.

I would not mind so much if he did it for one or two words in a long post, but the number of times he used it is silly.
Swear words fail to have impact when over used. This is similar
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 am Absolutely not. If he/she did, as I scan a thread I might fail to recognize one of Age's posts, and unwittingly reply to it.
Save yourself the risk. I was so annoyed I put him on ignore.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If Age must remain preoccupied with posting style and is unable to improve his content, I would offer a couple tips.

Obviously the caps lock has to stop. A confident forum sophist rarely uses caps lock like that, because he doesn't need to shout. Instead, Age needs to learn when and where to italicize words, use semicolons; and the occasional 'scare' quotes. These three devices, when used properly, can devastate a reader and leave them disarmed and frozen in their desk seat. It duddint really even matter what is said. One could say the most retarded shit, and if the form is right, it'll look like something straight out of the classics, something only a boss would write.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

uwot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 am Age should refrain from using any letters.
bro im so new to this forum and i already feel that statement :lol:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Cosmetics....
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am
I do NOT want 'you', posters, to FULLY UNDERSTAND what is TAKING PLACE HERE.

I am USING 'you', posters, to POINT OUT and SHOW what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, that has been STOPPING and PREVENTING 'you', human beings, hitherto when this was being written, from FINDING and SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS.

I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.
Oh, I've always wondered about the audience you think is going to read this, you've referred to them before. I wasn't sure if it was aliens or something, but it's future generations, interesting.

You're somehow delusionally convinced that future generations are going to care about the content of this website, and further delusionally convinced that when they do they're going to read your interactions and think you, of all people, are the one coming out on top. Interesting.

If it's for the betterment of future generations, don't you think they'd benefit from you talking about ideas instead of having so many conversations about your writing style? If future generations are for some outlandish reason reading ancient chat logs from irrelevant forums, they'd probably rather not read so many conversations about your capitalization. There's one way to give them that benefit, and only you can do it brother...

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:42 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:08 amSEE, I might ACTUALLY be leading 'you' VERY ASTRAY with THESE WORDS before 'you'.
Well, if in reality you are less than a complete nutcase, job done.
And this just PROVES how Truly VERY SIMPLE and EASY it was to MANIPULATE, USE, and LEAD these 'posters' and 'adults' here, back in the days when this was being written.

Post by Age »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:45 am usingcapitalandlowercaselettersrandomlywithinagivenexpressionisnotnecessarilyasannoyingasrefrainingfromusingthespacebar

-Imp
And, well to me anyway, not using the space bar is NOT annoying AT ALL.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 am HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Age" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old. :wink:
And you KEEP TELLING, and TELLING, and TELLING 'us' that God is a MALE GENDERED 'Thing'. But there are MANY who just do NOT LISTEN TO, ACCEPT, and AGREE WITH LIES and Falsehoods, EITHER.

The MORE of 'you', posters here, are 'RATTLED' just by some capital letters, then the MORE this PROVES True what I CLAIM.

And 'you' NOT HAVING the ABILITY TO LISTEN is a VERY BIG PART of that CLAIM.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:47 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:38 am

? not sure what you mean, should you then have voted NO?
What 'it' MEANS IS 'it' ALSO HATES MY WRITINGS, and/or does NOT want to reply to them.

Also, here we have a GREAT EXAMPLE of one who thinks "others" SHOULD DO what 'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES they SHOULD do.

'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES I SHOULD write in a particular way as well as EXPECTING or BELIEVING that "promethean75" SHOULD have voted.

What else do 'you', "attofishpi", EXPECT or BELIEVE "others" SHOULD do?
That above right there is case in point.

It looks like a shambles, and now with the underlines - your style of writing using uppercase every other word detracts from whatever it is you intend to say, everyone on the site keep telling you to stop it, the problem is you are failing to understand why.
LOL HOW MANY TIMES will it take for 'you', posters, here to SEE and HEAR the WORDS, MY WRITINGS ARE NOT, NECESSARILY, INTENDED for 'you' to UNDERSTAND AT ALL. That is; MY INTENDED AUDIENCE Is NOT necessarily 'you', posters, here.

It is REALLY LIKE 'you' are going out of YOUR WAY to ACTUALLY PROVE MY CLAIMS here IRREFUTABLY True.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 am If you want what you are stating to be taken seriously, then you will heed everyone's advice, it is for your own benefit, but alas, perhaps you are not intelligent enough to adjust your modus operandi.
BUT WHEN will you UNDERSTAND that 'I' do NOT necessarily want 'you', posters, here to take what I state seriously?

That is; what I state here is that 'you', posters, here will NOT UNDERSTAND what I am stating UNTIL 'you' LEARN HOW TO Truly LISTEN FULLY.

And, 'you' are PROVING here that 'you' will NOT do what it takes to LEARN HOT TO Truly LISTEN.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:23 am...
Well, if he did that, wouldn't that call more attention to the content?

Given his sometimes surprisingly incisive observations that subsequently get defused and buried in the avalanche, I would think that Age would prefer to have the reader's attention seamlessly follow the content that points to the good stuff.

But, maybe the CAP thing is some kind of rebellion.

Anyway, the persistence proves that it's obviously awfully necessary, so anyone who is hell-bent on changing it would be responsible for the consequences that could be unknown, unintentional, and far-reaching.

Therefore, unless the loss of caps is Age's organic shedding of what's no longer necessary, shed like the Boat of Technique (BOT) gets left on the shore once the big lake is crossed, I vote NEIN! If he must, keep the CAPs, even though they bury the good stuff with distraction.

Being forced to drop CAPs could be damaging to one so welded to the habit of distracting from content. Best to drop the habit when the inner need is strong.

:D
There is MORE INSIGHT in this response, than in most other responses.

But, STILL, there is the DESIRE to talk ABOUT the "other" than to just ENGAGE WITH the "other" in and with CLARIFYING QUESTIONS. Which, OBVIOUSLY, could ONLY lead to OBTAINING, GAINING, and SEEING MORE CLARITY, and thus GAINING And OBTAINING even MORE IN-SIGHT.

Speaking ABOUT "others" instead of TO 'them' will NEVER lead to MORE UNDERSTANDING of the "other", which in turn leads to MORE UNDERSTANDING about "one's" OWN 'self'.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 am Age should refrain from using any letters.
These kind of responses usually come from those whose CLAIMS have ALREADY been PROVEN TO BE Wrong.

It is somewhat like those who CLAIM that the sun revolves around the earth but AFTER they have been PROVED Wrong, and they do NOT want to ACCEPT thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth, and so INSTEAD 'try to' ATTACK the "opponent" instead of just FOCUSING on THE WORDS ALONE, and REFUTING 'them' ONLY. EXACTLY LIKE what I DO.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:38 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:31 am Even 'you', "attofishpi", have ALREADY PROVED True that even when I write in only lower case you are UNABLE to comprehend and/or UNABLE to just CLARIFY.

Your CLAIM that you can NOT comprehend just because some letters are in capital letters is just an ATTEMPT from DETRACTING from the Fact that you are UNABLE to CLARIFY your positions and views and are NOT able to back up and support YOUR CLAIMS.
I claim you are an idiot, and every time you post affirms that claim.
If 'this' is what you WANT TO BELIEVE, then PLEASE KEEP BELIEVING 'this'.

The MORE that 'you' CLAIM that 'I' am "an idiot", the MORE this WORKS OUT BETTER, for 'me'.

Post by Age »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:29 am Although I still don't understand why he uses the archaic 'thee' inappropriately.
Here is MORE PROOF that it is like some people REALLY do NOT want to UNDERSTAND SOME 'things'.

WHY do you SAY and CLAIM that the way that I USE the archaic 'thee' is INAPPROPRIATE?