Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 9

attofishpi

Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by promethean75 »

Absolutely not. If he/she did, as I scan a thread I might fail to recognize one of Age's posts, and unwittingly reply to it.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 am Absolutely not. If he/she did, as I scan a thread I might fail to recognize one of Age's posts, and unwittingly reply to it.
? not sure what you mean, should you then have voted NO?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:38 am
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:36 am Absolutely not. If he/she did, as I scan a thread I might fail to recognize one of Age's posts, and unwittingly reply to it.
What 'it' MEANS IS 'it' ALSO HATES MY WRITINGS, and/or does NOT want to reply to them.

Also, here we have a GREAT EXAMPLE of one who thinks "others" SHOULD DO what 'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES they SHOULD do.

'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES I SHOULD write in a particular way as well as EXPECTING or BELIEVING that "promethean75" SHOULD have voted.

What else do 'you', "attofishpi", EXPECT or BELIEVE "others" SHOULD do?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

usingcapitalandlowercaselettersrandomlywithinagivenexpressionisnotnecessarilyasannoyingasrefrainingfromusingthespacebar

-Imp
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Age" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:47 am
What 'it' MEANS IS 'it' ALSO HATES MY WRITINGS, and/or does NOT want to reply to them.

Also, here we have a GREAT EXAMPLE of one who thinks "others" SHOULD DO what 'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES they SHOULD do.

'it' EXPECTS or BELIEVES I SHOULD write in a particular way as well as EXPECTING or BELIEVING that "promethean75" SHOULD have voted.

That above right there is case in point.

It looks like a shambles, and now with the underlines - your style of writing using uppercase every other word detracts from whatever it is you intend to say, everyone on the site keep telling you to stop it, the problem is you are failing to understand why.

If you want what you are stating to be taken seriously, then you will heed everyone's advice, it is for your own benefit, but alas, perhaps you are not intelligent enough to adjust your modus operandi.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Impenitent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:45 am usingcapitalandlowercaselettersrandomlywithinagivenexpressionisnotnecessarilyasannoyingasrefrainingfromusingthespacebar

-Imp
Idisagree.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:23 am...
Well, if he did that, wouldn't that call more attention to the content?

Given his sometimes surprisingly incisive observations that subsequently get defused and buried in the avalanche, I would think that Age would prefer to have the reader's attention seamlessly follow the content that points to the good stuff.

But, maybe the CAP thing is some kind of rebellion.

Anyway, the persistence proves that it's obviously awfully necessary, so anyone who is hell-bent on changing it would be responsible for the consequences that could be unknown, unintentional, and far-reaching.

Therefore, unless the loss of caps is Age's organic shedding of what's no longer necessary, shed like the Boat of Technique (BOT) gets left on the shore once the big lake is crossed, I vote NEIN! If he must, keep the CAPs, even though they bury the good stuff with distraction.

Being forced to drop CAPs could be damaging to one so welded to the habit of distracting from content. Best to drop the habit when the inner need is strong.

:D

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 am

It looks like a shambles, and now with the underlines - your style of writing using uppercase every other word detracts from whatever it is you intend to say, everyone on the site keep telling you to stop it, the problem is you are failing to understand why.
STILL you are completely AND utterly TOTALLY INCAPABLE of UNDERSTANDING that MY WRITINGS are NOT NECESSARILY AT ALL intended for 'you', posters here.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 am If you want what you are stating to be taken seriously, then you will heed everyone's advice, it is for your own benefit, but alas, perhaps you are not intelligent enough to adjust your modus operandi.
LOL
LOL
LOL

I do NOT want 'you', posters, to FULLY UNDERSTAND what is TAKING PLACE HERE.

I am USING 'you', posters, to POINT OUT and SHOW what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, that has been STOPPING and PREVENTING 'you', human beings, hitherto when this was being written, from FINDING and SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth of 'things' IS.

I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:55 am HE'S BEEN TOLD, AND TOLD, AND TOLD...

But "Age" DOESN'T LISTEN.

That's what happens when one is only as Aspergy 15 year old. :wink:
ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of how ASSUMING ACTUALLY CAN and DOES lead 'you', people, completely AND utterly ASTRAY.

I do not recall this one EVERY getting one of 'its' ASSUMPTIONS correct.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:02 am

If you want what you are stating to be taken seriously, then you will heed everyone's advice, it is for your own benefit, but alas, perhaps you are not intelligent enough to adjust your modus operandi.
Even 'you', "attofishpi", have ALREADY PROVED True that even when I write in only lower case you are UNABLE to comprehend and/or UNABLE to just CLARIFY.

Your CLAIM that you can NOT comprehend just because some letters are in capital letters is just an ATTEMPT from DETRACTING from the Fact that you are UNABLE to CLARIFY your positions and views and are NOT able to back up and support YOUR CLAIMS.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Age should refrain from using any letters.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:04 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:23 am...
Well, if he did that, wouldn't that call more attention to the content?

Given his sometimes surprisingly incisive observations that subsequently get defused and buried in the avalanche, I would think that Age would prefer to have the reader's attention seamlessly follow the content that points to the good stuff.

But, maybe the CAP thing is some kind of rebellion.

Anyway, the persistence proves that it's obviously awfully necessary, so anyone who is hell-bent on changing it would be responsible for the consequences that could be unknown, unintentional, and far-reaching.

Therefore, unless the loss of caps is Age's organic shedding of what's no longer necessary, shed like the Boat of Technique (BOT) gets left on the shore once the big lake is crossed, I vote NEIN! If he must, keep the CAPs, even though they bury the good stuff with distraction.

Being forced to drop CAPs could be damaging to one so welded to the habit of distracting from content. Best to drop the habit when the inner need is strong.

:D
Great observation "walker".

If I did NOT DISTRACT 'you', posters, from the ACTUAL 'content', then I could NOT use 'you', posters, so easily to SHOW "others" how it is your OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS that is what is REALLY DISTRACTING 'you', posters, from SEEING what thee ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY, and which I HAD even 'highlighted' in CAPITAL LETTERS.

The 'method' to this "madness" WILL become CRYSTAL CLEAR to those who ARE Truly OPEN and INTELLIGENT.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:35 am Age should refrain from using any letters.
Agreed. (and numbers)