Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 9

Dontaskme

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:06 am Why do you bother?
Why does anyone bother?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:26 am
Age wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:44 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:24 pm

No, that's what you believe. You said so yourself
LOL I have NEVER SAID NOR EVEN SUGGESTED that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

Oh, and by the way, what does the 'what' word here even refer to, EXACTLY?
I literally referenced it only 2 posts ago. You said it here:
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.
You're not writing for us, you said, you're writing to prove something to some future audience.
I have SAID, NOT, NECESSARILY, for 'you', posters, here. For those who are OPEN ENOUGH, then WHO I am writing FOR, WILL BECOME KNOWN. Which, for those who are Truly INTERESTED, COULD INCLUDE ANY of 'you', posters, here.

Also, I do NOT SEE absolutely ANY 'thing' in 'that' what I wrote that EVEN SUGGESTS that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

But MAYBE I AM MISSING some 'thing' here, which you CAN SEE. Would you like to SHARE what you ARE SEEING here, which I am NOT?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:11 am
bahman wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:06 am Why do you bother?
Why does anyone bother?
GREAT CLARIFYING QUESTION "dontaskme".

WHY are ANY of 'us' BOTHERING, here?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:44 am

LOL I have NEVER SAID NOR EVEN SUGGESTED that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

Oh, and by the way, what does the 'what' word here even refer to, EXACTLY?
Age wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:08 am I do this so future generations CAN and WILL live in peace AND in harmony forever more.
You're not writing for us, you said, you're writing to prove something to some future audience.
I have SAID, NOT, NECESSARILY, for 'you', posters, here. For those who are OPEN ENOUGH, then WHO I am writing FOR, WILL BECOME KNOWN. Which, for those who are Truly INTERESTED, COULD INCLUDE ANY of 'you', posters, here.

Also, I do NOT SEE absolutely ANY 'thing' in 'that' what I wrote that EVEN SUGGESTS that I BELIEVE absolutely ANY thing here.

But MAYBE I AM MISSING some 'thing' here, which you CAN SEE. Would you like to SHARE what you ARE SEEING here, which I am NOT?

If no, then WHY NOT?
It's not subtle, just read the words
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I think there needs to be an "I don't care one way or the other" option. It's not like I read hardly anything Age posts anymore anyway. So it doesn't make much difference to me what he uses in them.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:40 am
Age wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm

If no, then WHY NOT?
It's not subtle, just read the words
Here is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of just how QUICKLY, SIMPLY, and EASILY one can completely MISINTERPRET 'things' when they base what they read on their ASSUMPTIONS ALONE instead of basing them on ANY ACTUAL CLARIFICATION and CLARITY.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:43 am I think there needs to be an "I don't care one way or the other" option. It's not like I read hardly anything Age posts anymore anyway.
Just out of CURIOSITY WHY do you read hardly ANY thing that i post anymore?

And, WHAT parts do you read and WHEN do you KNOW what parts to read and NOT read?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:43 am So it doesn't make much difference to me what he uses in them.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:00 am And, WHAT parts do you read and WHEN do you KNOW what parts to read and NOT read?
I'll sometimes skim through a post of yours and read whatever catches my eye. If it's a short post like this I may answer a part of it that seems more or less easily answered. The lengthy ones I seldom bother with because I'm not convinced that the quality of your posts warrants that much investment of time in them. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe you're a super genius with the ultimate answers to everything you discuss, however, my initial impression is that it's more prudent for me to be economical with the time I spend on your posts as opposed to how much I may spend on the posts of certain others. Is there a good reason why I should devote more time to your posts? And if so what is that reason?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:25 am
Age wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:00 am And, WHAT parts do you read and WHEN do you KNOW what parts to read and NOT read?
I'll sometimes skim through a post of yours and read whatever catches my eye. If it's a short post like this I may answer a part of it that seems more or less easily answered. The lengthy ones I seldom bother with because I'm not convinced that the quality of your posts warrants that much investment of time in them. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe you're a super genius with the ultimate answers to everything you discuss, however, my initial impression is that it's more prudent for me to be economical with the time I spend on your posts as opposed to how much I may spend on the posts of certain others. Is there a good reason why I should devote more time to your posts? And if so what is that reason?
you are absolutely FREE to do whatever you like.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Who is Age? Why does s/he use uppercase letter? Why should he be prohibited from doing so?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Agent Smith wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:54 am Who is Age? Why does s/he use uppercase letter? Why should he be prohibited from doing so?
Age is the poster above you, and if you go back to the first page of this thread, I believe he authored the third or fourth post. In that third or fourth post you can see an example of the type of capitalising that annoys people.

I don't know that the thread title is about prohibition so much as it is about a suggestion, for age himself. There's virtually no possibility that his posting style will get him moderated in any sense, any I don't necessarily think it should.

Why does he do it? Fantastic question. He's alluded multiple times to this idea that he writes that way for the future generations he believes are going to read his words here. He thinks that he's going to bring about some age of enlightenment and his future disciples will scour the internet for his writings, and this forum itself presumably will be read to glean enlightened ideas from his posts. He says he posts in this deliberately annoying way to prove a point about the people in this forum, or people in general - his future readers will perceive that point, and will consider age's interactions on this forum as a brilliant intellectual victory for age and a humiliating defeat for everyone who says "please just write normally".
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:52 am
Agent Smith wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:54 am Who is Age? Why does s/he use uppercase letter? Why should he be prohibited from doing so?
Age is the poster above you, and if you go back to the first page of this thread, I believe he authored the third or fourth post. In that third or fourth post you can see an example of the type of capitalising that annoys people.

I don't know that the thread title is about prohibition so much as it is about a suggestion, for age himself. There's virtually no possibility that his posting style will get him moderated in any sense, any I don't necessarily think it should.

Why does he do it? Fantastic question. He's alluded multiple times to this idea that he writes that way for the future generations he believes are going to read his words here. He thinks that he's going to bring about some age of enlightenment and his future disciples will scour the internet for his writings, and this forum itself presumably will be read to glean enlightened ideas from his posts. He says he posts in this deliberately annoying way to prove a point about the people in this forum, or people in general - his future readers will perceive that point, and will consider age's interactions on this forum as a brilliant intellectual victory for age and a humiliating defeat for everyone who says "please just write normally".
He should look at alternatives or has he already? As far as I can tell, there's good reason to capitalize, provided one knows what one's tslking about.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Agent Smith wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:01 am He should look at alternatives or has he already? As far as I can tell, there's good reason to capitalize, provided one knows what one's tslking about.
Sure, there can be use to capitalising, just as there can be use to shouting. If you've seen that post of his on page 1 of this thread, you might see why some people think his pattern of capitalising is distractingly obnoxious. If someone shouted in the same pattern as he capitalises... they probably wouldn't be allowed out alone in public.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:04 am
Agent Smith wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:01 am He should look at alternatives or has he already? As far as I can tell, there's good reason to capitalize, provided one knows what one's tslking about.
Sure, there can be use to capitalising, just as there can be use to shouting. If you've seen that post of his on page 1 of this thread, you might see why some people think his pattern of capitalising is distractingly obnoxious. If someone shouted in the same pattern as he capitalises... they probably wouldn't be allowed out alone in public.
May be Age has been reading a different vsriety of textual material.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:12 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:25 am
you are absolutely FREE to do whatever you like.
Thank you.