LBGTQ

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veganman

LBGTQ

Post by Veganman »

With the apparent rise in LBGTQ people around the world, are we heading for a more polyamorous society, or will couples, LBGTQ or not, remain the norm?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: LBGTQ

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

As if ''polyamorosity'' hasn't always been 'the norm' :lol: People are just a lot more narcissistic and obnoxious about it now, imagining that everyone else gives a flying rat's arse about their sex lives and ridiculous acronyms and wants to constantly hear about what strangers do with their genitals.
It's the same kind of self-indulgent narcissism that causes people these days to imagine that the whole world needs to constantly hear about their eating habits. Honestly, no one wants to hear about others' gluten/lactose/meat/soy/wheat/refined sugar (hang on,why is that never mentioned as an 'intolerance' when it's genuinely the most toxic of the lot??) intolerance. It's just not that interesting to hear about the things that obnoxious narcissists choose not to eat. Just don't eat it. Simple.
True story. I mentioned to someone the other day a particular kind of fish that I had never tried before and found it to be nicer than the one I had habitually bought. They said in a very superior way ''I don't eat anything that is alive''. I said ''I don't think many people do'', and all while the other person was in the process of consuming a piece of toast with canned salmon on it. Perhaps they think that salmon that is in a can is created in the canning factory and was never alive at any point :lol:
vegetariantaxidermy

When humans weren't 'polyamorous'.

Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Polyamory is about engaging in romantic relationships, not ones of just a sexual nature. Therefore, I do not believe that most people are polyamorous, or have the majority ever been. The question is about the increasing likelihood of a variety of relationships that either presently, or in the past, have not been seen as the norm.
vegetariantaxidermy

Oh please. It's about sex.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Jesus, and people say I'm a cynic! Lol. Anyway, I'm inclined to largely agree with you. However, there must be more to these longer term, co-habiting, polyamorous relationships surely ... okay, go on, say "finance" coz I know you're going to. 😂
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veganman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:15 pm With the apparent rise in LBGTQ people around the world, are we heading for a more polyamorous society, or will couples, LBGTQ or not, remain the norm?
Have you any evidence that LBGTQ are more polyamorous than non LBGTQ?
What do you mean by "norm"?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veganman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:54 pm Polyamory is about engaging in romantic relationships, not ones of just a sexual nature. Therefore, I do not believe that most people are polyamorous, or have the majority ever been. The question is about the increasing likelihood of a variety of relationships that either presently, or in the past, have not been seen as the norm.
This is a non sequitur, as nonpolyamorous also refers to non sexual and sexual relationships.
I think your entire approach is confused byt some hidden assumptions.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

If populations of polyamorous people noticeably increase in the advanced world (I've never taken a consensus), it'll be because capitalism/consumerism hyper-sexualizes everything; you take the single greatest driving force of the social dynamic and turn it into a reified commodity to be sold.

That marginalized group aside, monogamy will still account for the greater majority of single unit male/female companionships... because it's easier to maintain and provides a solid, stable base for child rearing. As such, the advanced world will continue as it has. Married men will be secretly miserable unless they can successfully cheat on their wives, and married women will be cool as long as they can go to Starbucks dressed in spandex when the husband is at work, and see how much attention they can get.

Hey don't look at me, bruh. I didn't create the universe. I just laugh at it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

'Jeopardy!' champ Amy Schneider becomes show's top female earner
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop ... -rcna10180

vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:52 pm 'Jeopardy!' champ Amy Schneider becomes show's top female earner
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop ... -rcna10180

I think I see where this is going...
vegetariantaxidermy

I wonder who will be the first woman to become a sperm donor....
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Don't look at it, taxi. Just understand, walk away, and remember the examples set forth by the wise.

"I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand them." - Spinoza
vegetariantaxidermy

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:25 am Don't look at it, taxi. Just understand, walk away, and remember the examples set forth by the wise.

"I have made a ceaseless effort not to ridicule, not to bewail, not to scorn human actions, but to understand them." - Spinoza
Why would I give a fuck what he said?
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:36 pm I think I see where this is going...
The woman trivia champ who Amy dethroned congratulated Amy on her womanly achievement.

Interesting that a woman trivia champ would support the fiction.

On a related note, a woman out of U. of Penn in Philly is suddenly smashing woman swimming records, and having lunch while waiting for second place to catch up to the finish. Some speculate on the potential of every woman swimming record being smashed, except maybe long-distance ocean swimming.

Reports are that the smashing new woman swimmer is supported by her women team-mates and they celebrate her victories for the team, but there are reports that these other woman swimmers are conflicted about this new woman grabbing all the gold.

Life imitates satire.

Keyword: woman.