General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Astro Cat

Re: LBGTQ

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:07 am
Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:02 am
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:41 pm

And you are a damned liar. It is probably because your are clearly illiterate. You want a rematch, or do you want to keep on with your bull shit evasion tactics?
A “rematch” for what? Bruh, I don’t mind if a poster doesn’t make much sense, but just being overtly hostile and belligerent for no reason isn’t a good look on anybody. Have you ever tried just being nice and respectful?
Let me see, you jump on me because you are too illiterate to read, or answer direct questions, and you say, I am not nice.
Asshole.
I just asked “Do you have a problem with LGBT+ people?”

If you don’t you could have just said no or clarified what you wrote, which I’m still confused by. I haven’t been jumping on you. In fact in another thread I asked if you wanted to reset our relationship and start over in a nice way
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:09 am
Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:07 am
Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:02 am

A “rematch” for what? Bruh, I don’t mind if a poster doesn’t make much sense, but just being overtly hostile and belligerent for no reason isn’t a good look on anybody. Have you ever tried just being nice and respectful?
Let me see, you jump on me because you are too illiterate to read, or answer direct questions, and you say, I am not nice.
Asshole.
I just asked “Do you have a problem with LGBT+ people?”

If you don’t you could have just said no or clarified what you wrote, which I’m still confused by. I haven’t been jumping on you. In fact in another thread I asked if you wanted to reset our relationship and start over in a nice way
Exactly why would you ask it if you were remotely literate?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:11 am Exactly why would you ask it if you were remotely literate?
People ask for clarification on things all the time, that isn’t an attack. Instead of attacking someone for asking for clarification, why not just elucidate?

I am not illiterate, and clearly so. This is what I’m talking about with undue belligerence and condescension. Can’t you just be nice?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:14 am
Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:11 am Exactly why would you ask it if you were remotely literate?
People ask for clarification on things all the time, that isn’t an attack. Instead of attacking someone for asking for clarification, why not just elucidate?

I am not illiterate, and clearly so. This is what I’m talking about with undue belligerence and condescension. Can’t you just be nice?
So prove it answer the first question, instead of your typical evasive bull shit.

You asked me to justify myself, yet you constantly refuse to justify yours.
Last edited by Phil8659 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Astro Cat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:23 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:18 pm I think that the whole acronym thing is rather cute.

But if you wanted to name every failure of mental processing, well, you would have to include all symbols sets man has ever used. Then it would not be so cutesy anymore raised to the power of, well, infinity.
“Failure of mental processing?”

Do you have a problem with LGBT+ people?
It's the thing about the symbol sets. He is convinced he is the world's cleverest or most special human being (but at least 3 people who believe they are that have posted here today) and he thinks that the use of the L, the G the B and probably most of all the + that are the true issue. He is obsessed with "binary recursion" and the intrusion of non-binary persons into his world would probably be most unwelcome.

I mean he probably doesn't like the gays much, people who spout about the Bible as much as he does usually don't.

There's only two letters of the alphabet he wants to talk about, those being I and Q.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:18 am
Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:14 am

So prove it answer the first question, instead of your typical evasive bull shit.
I already said:

“I don’t know what answer you’re looking for concerning your question. “What makes it fit to live?” “Not doing its own work?” I don’t know what you mean by “doing its own work” (though it looks like there was maybe a typo in the original so I could be interpreting what you wrote wrong).

What does this have to do with LGBT+ people? You know I’m a lesbian, right? Are you arguing I’m “unfit to live?” What’s your argument or point in plain English?”

Your question isn’t clear. That isn’t illiteracy, that’s being unclear.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat

Constant lying and evasion. Any child can answer it. You are pathological.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:23 am
Astro Cat

Constant lying and evasion. Any child can answer it. You are pathological.
Explain how asking for clarification is evasion and lying. Your question is vague. You can't just directly answer a question and you claim I'm the one evading. Good grief.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:20 am
It's the thing about the symbol sets. He is convinced he is the world's cleverest or most special human being (but at least 3 people who believe they are that have posted here today) and he thinks that the use of the L, the G the B and probably most of all the + that are the true issue. He is obsessed with "binary recursion" and the intrusion of non-binary persons into his world would probably be most unwelcome.

I mean he probably doesn't like the gays much, people who spout about the Bible as much as he does usually don't.

There's only two letters of the alphabet he wants to talk about, those being I and Q.
Yeah, I gather some of that. I don't mind when people don't make very much sense or when struggling with any kind of mental illness. It's the utterly unnecessary belligerence that gets me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

What does that even mean? Are people not individuals? What is the + for? Everyone else in the human race? Who comes up with this crap? Do we all have a pathetic need to be part of a 'community' that involves something as nonsensical as who we want to sleep with? Isn't that 'exclusive' in itself? God, people have become so annoying with all their stupid buzzwords and ridiculous acronyms that no one can remember. I'm not part of any 'community' and never have been, unless you count the general area where my house happens to be, and I probably have little to nothing in common with anyone else in it!
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:49 am
What does that even mean? Are people not individuals? What is the + for? Everyone else in the human race? Who comes up with this crap? Do we all have a pathetic need to be part of a 'community' that involves something as nonsensical as who we want to sleep with? Isn't that 'exclusive' in itself? God, people have become so annoying with all their stupid buzzwords and ridiculous acronyms that no one can remember. I'm not part of any 'community' and never have been, unless you count the general area where my house happens to be, and I probably have little to nothing in common with anyone else in it!
To answer the first question, it means lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual people (the + is for other people usually marginalized for similar reasons, sometimes Q for queer people, I for intersex people, A for asexual people).

Not everyone described by these terms is part of a community (there is an LGBT+ community, but sometimes LGBT+ is just a catch-all term to describe people marginalized by societies because of their orientation, sexuality, identity, etc). However, I don't think it's pathetic or stupid to have a community because a lot of people suffered a great deal of oppression, especially in the past (so the community is something of a holdover from when it was necessary for protection and being safe around people that wouldn't judge).
vegetariantaxidermy

Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:56 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:49 am
To answer the first question, it means lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transsexual people (the + is for other people usually marginalized for similar reasons, sometimes Q for queer people, I for intersex people, A for asexual people).

Not everyone described by these terms is part of a community (there is an LGBT+ community, but sometimes LGBT+ is just a catch-all term to describe people marginalized by societies because of their orientation, sexuality, identity, etc). However, I don't think it's pathetic or stupid to have a community because a lot of people suffered a great deal of oppression, especially in the past (so the community is something of a holdover from when it was necessary for protection and being safe around people that wouldn't judge).
It's too overwhelming. I don't even know where to begin.. So I won't.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:02 am
I don’t know why it would be overwhelming, but that’s OK. I don’t think anyone has to memorize what each letter stands for or anything, LOL. I was just answering the question. It’s all good!
vegetariantaxidermy

Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:07 am
I don’t know why it would be overwhelming, but that’s OK. I don’t think anyone has to memorize what each letter stands for or anything, LOL. I was just answering the question. It’s all good!
That's not really what I meant. Humans have been doing horrible things to each other for as long as there have been humans. Women have been treated pretty shittily too, but I can't say that I have experienced that personally, so I don't feel the need to tell people I 'belong to the female community' and get all 'offended-on-behalf-of' every other female on the planet. I had a lesbian great aunt. Lived with her partner for 40+ years. Both were extremely successful women. No one ever mentioned their lesbianism (is that a word?), least of all themselves, it was just obvious when they only had one bedroom lol. It was never mentioned, not out of 'kindness' but because no one actually GAVE A SHIT. It wasn't relevant to anything or anyone except themselves.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:42 am
Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:07 am
That's not really what I meant. Humans have been doing horrible things to each other for as long as there have been humans. Women have been treated pretty shittily too, but I can't say that I have experienced that personally, so I don't feel the need to tell people I 'belong to the female community' and get all 'offended-on-behalf-of' every other female on the planet. I had a lesbian great aunt. Lived with her partner for 40+ years. Both were extremely successful women. No one ever mentioned their lesbianism (is that a word?), least of all themselves, it was just obvious when they only had one bedroom lol. It was never mentioned, not out of 'kindness' but because no one actually GAVE A SHIT. It wasn't relevant to anything or anyone except themselves.
Ah that’s the dream, the day when nobody gives a shit.

I don’t think you should feel like you have to be part of any community (many LGBT+ people don’t, many women don’t, etc.), so there’s no worries there.

I do think things like communities are important though: if women hadn’t come together in the US (using history that I know here), women still wouldn’t be able to vote. Women had to lobby to be able to open credit cards in their own names as recently as the 1970’s.

So, I get not wanting to think of oneself as part of a group, let alone one defined by something that shouldn’t matter, but I also get people that do feel like they are part of such groups, or talk about the thing that doesn’t matter (whether it is being a woman, or being gay, or whatever) as a way to push back against problems people are still facing today. Both make sense to me.