General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: LBGTQ

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:57 am

So easy to blame women when they aren't attracted to you. That must mean that there is something wrong with THEM. Of course. You are really showing your true colours now Gary. What about the fact that so many women are dumped by their husbands for a younger model? That most men cheat? That men in their forties seem to think that 16 year old girls find them attractive?
I wouldn't know anything about cheating on women. And I wouldn't know anything about dumping women for younger women. You'd have to ask some of the men you've chosen to date about that.
See? You can't even imagine that I could be aware of anything beyond my own personal experience. That's really sad actually.
Whatever that means...
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:04 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:00 am

I wouldn't know anything about cheating on women. And I wouldn't know anything about dumping women for younger women. You'd have to ask some of the men you've chosen to date about that.
See? You can't even imagine that I could be aware of anything beyond my own personal experience. That's really sad actually.
Whatever that means...
Really? You don't think I could be aware of anything beyond my own personal experience?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:07 am

Whatever that means...
Really? You don't think I could be aware of anything beyond my own personal experience?
I think if you're worried about something other than what is in your personal experience, then you're little better than some of the "wokies" who spend half of their time speaking on behalf of others.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:09 am

Whatever that means...
I think if you're worried about something other than what is in your personal experience, then you're little better than some of the "wokies" who spend half of their time speaking on behalf of others.
Who said I'm 'worried'? You are the one claiming that all women have something wrong with them because they aren't attracted to you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:21 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:09 am

Who said I'm 'worried'? You are the one claiming that all women have something wrong with them because they aren't attracted to you.
Yes, yes. I forgot, women are the biggest eugenicists on the planet. It's perfectly "healthy" to get rid of the "losers".
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

One sort of wonders sometimes if Eva was the one who put the whole idea of the Holocaust in Adolf's mind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:26 am One sort of wonders sometimes if Eva was the one who put the whole idea of the Holocaust in Adolf's mind.
I rest my case...
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:26 am One sort of wonders sometimes if Eva was the one who put the whole idea of the Holocaust in Adolf's mind.
I rest my case...
:P
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:33 am...
If you haven’t tried it, try the Brinton method. That is, be a role-playing actor in life for awhile and pretend to be what you want to be. That’s what Brinton does. Pretend with folks you would like to know, as does Brinton with his pet collection.

- Here’s an exaggerated example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyj0H7Ot4w
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:21 pm As a Christian ...
Well there you go. Join a church, then join the choir.

Tell the choir director you're not confident of your singing voice, and request an introduction with a nice choir lady who will give you lessons. If you can't sing a note then say you're not even confident enough to audition.

If you can work it in, request a widow lady. Mention that you're single.

Then, let her teach you, and see where it goes.
You may become her project, and more if you're a good listener.

Just don't play the role of Brandon with the inappropriate touching.

If it just turns out to be a teacher/student thing, or a great friendship, then most women have the match-maker gene, and know someone who would be just perfect.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veganman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:47 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:08 am
Veganman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:15 pm With the apparent rise in LBGTQ people around the world, are we heading for a more polyamorous society, or will couples, LBGTQ or not, remain the norm?
Have you any evidence or reason to think that LBGTQ has a polyamorous tendancy?
You may be mistaking a indirect correlation .
Men will stick their cocks somewhere as often and in as many holes as are willing to accomodate. Heteros find it much more difficult to find a mate than male homos since they have to convince a person of the opposite sex.
But this tendancy does not follow for lesbians, trans and other groups. Lesbians, being women, have a more likley tendancy to form long term relationships, and since their partners are also women, this could well lead to greater monomgamy.
A good proportion of trans, can have deep psychological bridges to cross and are not necessarily in it for the sex, but looking to "be" who they think they ought to be.
But all this is, is a set of generalisations, based on my limited experience in life, set against a sensationalist and often prurient judgemental media.

I just wondered what brought you to this question?
I must be an exception to men then because I wouldn't stick my cock in any hole available, I'm quite particular in that respect. Lol.
Please allow for a minor exaggeration please.
I can think of places I would rather not pu it.
Anyway, I raised the question because I was doing some research on changing sexual attitudes around the world and noticed that there seems to be a number of polyamorous groups coming up on social media. I also found that far more people were coming out these days and experimenting with alternative lifestyles. In my experience, like is attracted to like, so if say a man or woman is bi-sexual the possibility of them being in a relationship of three or more may be very appealing. The same could be said of say three people who are of the same sex but with shared beliefs about things, such as ethical vegans. My theory is really based on the idea that with more people liberating their sexuality, they may also want to change the more conformist views of what being in a relationship means. Why be with one person when being with two can provide them with more in many respects.
I think this might have more to do with the emergence and acceptance of social media, and the fact that they make such things more visible.
I do not think the innate proportion of deviation from the norm is happening. What is happening is that people are more able to live it rather than just think it.
Finding like minded people provides validation.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

I would agree with that statement, for the time being. But, as property prices and rents soar, together with fuel and food prices, the idea of polyamory may suddenly have more appealing qualities than just a more varied sex life.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veganman wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:08 pm I would agree with that statement, for the time being. But, as property prices and rents soar, together with fuel and food prices, the idea of polyamory may suddenly have more appealing qualities than just a more varied sex life.
Hippy communes here we come!!
Far from being a growing trend, its more like a blast from the past.

So the main problem with the thread is a lack of empiricism.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Veganman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:15 pm With the apparent rise in LBGTQ people around the world, are we heading for a more polyamorous society, or will couples, LBGTQ or not, remain the norm?
There isn't a "rise" in LGBTQ+ people, there are just fewer people in the closet.

However, open polyamory anecdotally seems to be on the rise, but I don't see a correlation to LGBTQ+ people or not. I have some poly friends, most of them are in heterosexual poly relationships (so, I know this is just an anecdote, but I don't know any real data out there on this).

Signed, a monogamous lesbian.
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Good point Astro Cat, but I suppose there is a rise in the sense that more are coming out if the closet. I also tend to think that as many people, especially young people, are more willing to experiment these days, this in turn leads to a rise in those who, having experienced something else, wish to continue along this path. Nobody is a lover of red wine, for example, until they've tried it. I also think that a narcissistic society can contribute to an increase in certain sexual orientations, such as bi-sexuality, but as you say, there seems to be little evidence to support these nature/nurture theories.