LBGTQ

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Astro Cat

Re: LBGTQ

Post by Astro Cat »

Veganman wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:29 am Good point Astro Cat, but I suppose there is a rise in the sense that more are coming out if the closet. I also tend to think that as many people, especially young people, are more willing to experiment these days, this in turn leads to a rise in those who, having experienced something else, wish to continue along this path. Nobody is a lover of red wine, for example, until they've tried it. I also think that a narcissistic society can contribute to an increase in certain sexual orientations, such as bi-sexuality, but as you say, there seems to be little evidence to support these nature/nurture theories.
Hmm. Well, consider for instance the Kinsey scale, where humans generally fall somewhere on a scale somewhere between homosexuality and heterosexuality.

If some people experiment and find that they have an attraction to the same sex, it's likely that they were always simply somewhere in the middle of the scale.

Other people may try experimenting and find that it just really doesn't light a fire for them. They find themselves at one end of the scale or the other, which is also fine.

So I think the phenomenon you're talking about might be genuine. More people are finding that they're not at the extreme ends of the scale because they are more free to verify that. Had they been born during a more judgmental time than we even are now, they might never have learned that about themselves.

(I myself am one of the "end scalers." I've never been able to conjure an attraction to men, and that's OK too.)
Veganman

Post by Veganman »

Well there's something we have in common, I've never been able to conjure up an attraction to men either! Lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I were a woman I'd be a lesbian. 😉 In answer to your response, I largely agree. My wife's bi-sexual and before she got into experimenting, quite some years ago now, the thought of having sexual relations with a woman was quite adverse to her, or so she said. I can say though that she certainly didn't show any interest until a certain girl showed an interest in her. I guess this just goes back to the idea of not knowing what you really like until you've tried it? I can remember, as a therapist, many young people coming out with the revelation of finding that they didn't enjoy being with a member of the opposite sex, but always thought they would until they tried it. The scale you mention is very realistic I think. I've always believed there are far more Inbetweeners around than most people imagine.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Veganman wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 am Well there's something we have in common, I've never been able to conjure up an attraction to men either! Lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I were a woman I'd be a lesbian. 😉 In answer to your response, I largely agree. My wife's bi-sexual and before she got into experimenting, quite some years ago now, the thought of having sexual relations with a woman was quite adverse to her, or so she said. I can say though that she certainly didn't show any interest until a certain girl showed an interest in her. I guess this just goes back to the idea of not knowing what you really like until you've tried it? I can remember, as a therapist, many young people coming out with the revelation of finding that they didn't enjoy being with a member of the opposite sex, but always thought they would until they tried it. The scale you mention is very realistic I think. I've always believed there are far more Inbetweeners around than most people imagine.
I think that was Kinsey's conclusion (that the in-betweeners are vastly undercounted/underestimated).
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

I think that the whole acronym thing is rather cute.

But if you wanted to name every failure of mental processing, well, you would have to include all symbols sets man has ever used. Then it would not be so cutesy anymore raised to the power of, well, infinity.

The whole of social behavior, consists of particular individuals, and not a thing normal about them, as behavior defined by social norms, is just another mental perversion called stupidity. Correct human behavior is biologically defined and originates not in any other behavior than grammar systems processed by a mind which can use them in accordance with the truth of things.

Hey, but the acronyms and emoticons, and finger painting is still cute.
Last edited by Phil8659 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:18 pm I think that the whole acronym thing is rather cute.

But if you wanted to name every failure of mental processing, well, you would have to include all symbols sets man has ever used. Then it would not be so cutesy anymore raised to the power of, well, infinity.
“Failure of mental processing?”

Do you have a problem with LGBT+ people?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:23 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:18 pm I think that the whole acronym thing is rather cute.

Well you certainly have a problem with reading comprehension, no one can answer that but you.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

And apparently, you cannot think beyond the particular, which that you cannot handle.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Or did I miss your intent, you asking for a rematch?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:28 pm

Well you certainly have a problem with reading comprehension, no one can answer that but you.
What’s your problem? You rolled up to this forum and have been nothing but rude. Now you’re going to talk shit on gay people too?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veganman wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 am Well there's something we have in common, I've never been able to conjure up an attraction to men either! Lol. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if I were a woman I'd be a lesbian. 😉 In answer to your response, I largely agree. My wife's bi-sexual and before she got into experimenting, quite some years ago now, the thought of having sexual relations with a woman was quite adverse to her, or so she said. I can say though that she certainly didn't show any interest until a certain girl showed an interest in her. I guess this just goes back to the idea of not knowing what you really like until you've tried it? I can remember, as a therapist, many young people coming out with the revelation of finding that they didn't enjoy being with a member of the opposite sex, but always thought they would until they tried it. The scale you mention is very realistic I think. I've always believed there are far more Inbetweeners around than most people imagine.
There's a big difference between having sex with a person and falling in love with them. Just because someone can have sex with both men and women doesn't make them 'bi-sexual' in my opinion. That would mean that nearly the entire human race is 'bi-sexual'. If someone can genuinely fall in love with either sex then I suppose that label would fit them. I think that is a lot rarer than people think.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat
What’s your problem? You rolled up to this forum and have been nothing but rude. Now you’re going to talk shit on gay people too?
[/quote]

And you are a damned liar. It is probably because your are clearly illiterate. You want a rematch, or do you want to keep on with your bull shit evasion tactics?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat
Well, when you get back from your cat nap, and want to try again.

First question, What defines the behavior of any life form and any of its life support systems? What makes it fit to live, by biological fact? Not doing is own work, or doing it.

Careful now, its a trick question. Now you want to point out the missing question mark, that might confuse you.
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:41 pm
Astro Cat
And you are a damned liar. It is probably because your are clearly illiterate. You want a rematch, or do you want to keep on with your bull shit evasion tactics?
A “rematch” for what? Bruh, I don’t mind if a poster doesn’t make much sense, but just being overtly hostile and belligerent for no reason isn’t a good look on anybody. Have you ever tried just being nice and respectful?
Astro Cat

Post by Astro Cat »

Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 pm
Astro Cat
Well, when you get back from your cat nap, and want to try again.

First question, What defines the behavior of any life form and any of its life support systems? What makes it fit to live, by biological fact? Not doing is own work, or doing it.

Careful now, its a trick question. Now you want to point out the missing question mark, that might confuse you.
I don’t know what answer you’re looking for concerning your question. “What makes it fit to live?” “Not doing its own work?” I don’t know what you mean by “doing its own work” (though it looks like there was maybe a typo in the original so I could be interpreting what you wrote wrong).

What does this have to do with LGBT+ people? You know I’m a lesbian, right? Are you arguing I’m “unfit to live?” What’s your argument or point in plain English?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Astro Cat wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:02 am
Phil8659 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:41 pm
Astro Cat
A “rematch” for what? Bruh, I don’t mind if a poster doesn’t make much sense, but just being overtly hostile and belligerent for no reason isn’t a good look on anybody. Have you ever tried just being nice and respectful?
Let me see, you jump on me because you are too illiterate to read, or answer direct questions, and you say, I am not nice.
Asshole.