flat Earth

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

BardoXV

flat Earth

Post by BardoXV »

My older daughter said "I hope you're not believing that nonsence" I just said I watch it for entertainment.
attofishpi

Re: flat Earth

Post by attofishpi »

BardoXV wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:11 am My older daughter said "I hope you're not believing that nonsence" I just said I watch it for entertainment.
I hope it's not on one of those curve panel TVs? What a ridiculous idea (not from a marketing dept) that only daft people (suckers) would purchase!
qilyficat

Post by qilyficat »

You may be proud of yourself and your daughter. I'm glad that educated people prevail over negligent individuals.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

i always thought the flat earthers were more of the Christians than any one
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:59 pm i always thought the flat earthers were more of the Christians than any one
Google is telling me flat earthers are statistically more religious.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:04 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:59 pm i always thought the flat earthers were more of the Christians than any one
It makes more sense, when i was reading more into the bible it kina made sense bout flat earth, stating there was a firmament that surrounded the waters and there was waters on earth and waters to separate us from the heavens, but after the tower of babel god realized mankind could reach heaven so he changed everything, thats my take on it
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:32 am
It makes more sense, when i was reading more into the bible it kina made sense bout flat earth, stating there was a firmament that surrounded the waters and there was waters on earth and waters to separate us from the heavens, but after the tower of babel god realized mankind could reach heaven so he changed everything, thats my take on it
Your take is that that's all literally true, or that that's what Christians might believe due to the contents of their book?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:28 am
Your take is that that's all literally true, or that that's what Christians might believe due to the contents of their book?
A Christian believes in the bible. And the story of the tower of babel kind of supports this theory.

So, according to the Bible, the whole world had one language and a common speech, They said to each other lets make a city that reaches to the heavens, they baked bricks and used tar mor mortar, God new that with as many people that existed on the world at that time all speaking the same language they could complete anything, nothing would be impossible, so God came down and gave each one of them different tongues ( languages ).

Isaiah 11:12 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.

Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Job 28:24 for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.

Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical ... lat-earth/

There is many more especially about the firmament that separates us from god,

Genesis 1:14 Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years.

So with all of this yes i would gladly say that most of those who believe in such a theory are Christians.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:29 pm

A Christian believes in the bible. And the story of the tower of babel kind of supports this theory.

So, according to the Bible, the whole world had one language and a common speech, They said to each other lets make a city that reaches to the heavens, they baked bricks and used tar mor mortar, God new that with as many people that existed on the world at that time all speaking the same language they could complete anything, nothing would be impossible, so God came down and gave each one of them different tongues ( languages ).

Isaiah 11:12 He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.

Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Job 28:24 for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.

Revelation 7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

Genesis 1:14 Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years.

So with all of this yes i would gladly say that most of those who believe in such a theory are Christians.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. Another moment when God allegedly, deliberately fucked things up for humanity. Yeah. Can't have humans getting along with each other, cooperating peacefully and not killing each other over misunderstandings and differences. Are we sure the Hebrew God is worth it?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:42 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:29 pm

Oh yeah. I forgot about that one. Another moment when God allegedly, deliberately fucked things up for humanity. Yeah. Can't have humans getting along with each other, cooperating peacefully and not killing each other over misunderstandings and differences. Are we sure the Hebrew God is worth it?
The mora; of the story was so that they couldn't reach heaven because they couldn't understand each other. Hence...if the whole world spoke one language then there would be devastating shit going down.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:24 pm Hence...if the whole world spoke one language then there would be devastating shit going down.
What? For building a big tower? Yeah. Heaven forbid anyone should build a tall tower, literally.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:37 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:24 pm Hence...if the whole world spoke one language then there would be devastating shit going down.
What? For building a big tower? Yeah. Heaven forbid anyone should build a tall tower, literally.
your not realizing the essence of the story, they were building a tower to reach heaven. And at that point in time God knew that they could because the point of heaven was right above the earth.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:24 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:37 pm
your not realizing the essence of the story, they were building a tower to reach heaven. And at that point in time God knew that they could because the point of heaven was right above the earth.
And they already built it tall enough to see Santa at the North pole, so things were already getting seriously concerning.
tonterias

Post by tonterias »

And of course you do have people who believe that the earth is hollow and that there is life within this hollow world or cavity. Some esoteric occult groups actually believed that there were a race of superbiengs living there that they wanted to communicate with.
This equally crackpot belief however contradicts the flat earth concept for obvious reasons.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:20 pm
And they already built it tall enough to see Santa at the North pole, so things were already getting seriously concerning.
laughter is an attitude toward the world, toward life and toward oneself. which one does your ego reside child?