Funny things in your life involving you or friends

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Funny things in your life involving you or friends

Post by promethean75 »

Well fish u fucked up when you created a public thread with an ambiguous title. Who's to decide what's funny, and what constitutes 'involvement'?

Look man, I can't make a new thread because then I'll look stupid. here's why. if a prolific poster has a reasonable number of his own threads, and posts a 'small talk' thread for shit like this, it'd be acceptable, permitted and thought nothing of.

But if a member's only thread is a small talk thread, well... you see where this is going. It's bad PR, mate, and I don't wanna subject myself to something like that this late in my career.

I'd have to make a bunch of other threads so my single small talk thread wouldn't at once announce to any poor bastard who happened upon a thread search and saw my only thread, that I must be a bloody wanker.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Memba this, fish?

https://sendvid.com/0c9kgzrd

In Vietnam he was nineteen. Na-na-na-na-nineteen.
Last edited by promethean75 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

When I was about 7 we had a school fete. At the end of the evening in a large hall packed with adults towering over me came the moment I had been waiting for, time for the lottery draw that I decided to invest, probably about 10p into.
The teacher that was calling out the ticket numbers had blonde hair and massive tits, but reminded me a little of Miss Piggy from the muppets.
Anyway, as it happens, I'm stood at the back of the hall and couldn't see the teacher, I was too small.
After the teacher called out the two winning tickets, and I probably muttured to myself "Fucking typical" ...she then stated, and now for "the booby prize"
..and yep, atto's number was called out. Well I was in shock, what the fuck is this booby prize!!?
..."is she actually going to get her tits out?" kept repeating through my mind as I stepped through the crowd of towering adults...and my mind was split in two, indeed I wouldn't mind seeing them, all the boys did...they're gonna thank me for this!

A bottle of shampoo..ffs.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Now see that wuz a good story and perfectly put in the appropriate thread. Not only that, but it was the kind of experience that was clever enough to have to be told. And tell it well, you did.

The line 'is she gonna get out her tits?' as the protagonist awkwardly walks toward the front through a crowd of applauding adults that part like the red sea as he approaches, to receive the mystery booby prize from the lady with yuge tits (fantasizing the whole way - this part would be narration in his head... think Christmas Story - that she'd break em out...)

...only to get a bottle of shampoo.

If this scene were to be cast, which actor would be selected for the protagonist. It would have to be a younger actor... like someone from Sand Lot or Superbad. In that age range.
Last edited by promethean75 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dunno that stuff.
Probably whoever played Kyle Alan "Nobby" Butcher as a child in The Brothers Grimsby film, or someone like that (he'd be too old now)
DEFINITELY NOT a USAdian..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimsby_(film)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

back story to this one. footage is about four years old. some guitar doodling... you'll note my musical illiteracy, and that change into the D chord in the second doodle i wouldn't do again. But this is me at my worst, in fact. Sober and not having picked a guitar up in at least six years prior to buying that one.

the last bit is paul - a guy i worked for and ended up losing a civil suit to for over $300 owed to me; i paid fees to go into an incompetent courtroom to not get the money he legally owed me. Bro it's like the judges don't even know their own laws. To three different judges I've had to recite statute to because the idiot didn't know what the hell he/she was doing. The civil suit presented me as an 'employee' instead of a 'contractor' due to the conditions and terms of my employment. But the dumb bitch ignored the facts and sided with the business owner, Paul. She found him not obligated to pay me for hours worked.

we were restoring the deck at the governor's mansion. this was a year before the incident between he and I (it was regarding a big custom interior trim job). Shame cuz he was a cool dude if a little far out. Old hippy who has an autistic son he believes is an angel with superpowers. Bought an acura TL from him once.

https://sendvid.com/vhighitn
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:32 am back story to this one. footage is about four years old. some guitar doodling... you'll note my musical illiteracy, and that change into the D chord in the second doodle i wouldn't do again. But this is me at my worst, in fact. Sober and not having picked a guitar up in at least six years prior to buying that one.

the last bit is paul - a guy i worked for and ended up losing a civil suit to for over $300 owed to me; i paid fees to go into an incompetent courtroom to not get the money he legally owed me. Bro it's like the judges don't even know their own laws. To three different judges I've had to recite statute to because the idiot didn't know what the hell he/she was doing. The civil suit presented me as an 'employee' instead of a 'contractor' due to the conditions and terms of my employment. But the dumb bitch ignored the facts and sided with the business owner, Paul. She found him not obligated to pay me for hours worked.

we were restoring the deck at the governor's mansion. this was a year before the incident between he and I (it was regarding a big custom interior trim job). Shame cuz he was a cool dude if a little far out. Old hippy who has an autistic son he believes is an angel with superpowers. Bought an acura TL from him once.

https://sendvid.com/vhighitn
Crap
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:56 am Nice guitar playing. I prefer 'folksy' guitar style eg Bob Dylan etc. but skilled playing anyway.
Yes, I thought so too..and I did get a small chuckle when there was a cockup, so I guess it's ok in this thread.

btw. What happened to that mechanic story where the woman thought the car was an automatic? That was a good one.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Veg, u total wackjob! I read your post that you deleted..

I was busy watching the decider between Wallabies v England (obviously I back the team with the rose on their chest)

My Dad loves the All Blacks until they v England. (i think)

Do you follow sport in any way?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i can't believe I was so late with the phone. i totally blew that one y'all. An epic fail and I'll never get a do-over on one like this again. but like who expects to ever see this happen so perfectly. it literally took the cart a good nine or ten seconds to creep that far down... and she never turned her head once. off it went with her purse in it.

if i didn't blow this profound opportunity to get some good shit on cam, that clip is something you'd put some dramatic music too to make it super stupid. i think she was a little embarrassed.

https://streamable.com/4ae9lv
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Holy crap, Y don't U all have some funny stories to post?

Has anyone here (apart from me - cos I did) got into a venue for free by turning 180 degrees and walking in backwards through a rather busy foyer.

My Dad years ago had said some comment about walking in backwards so that the staff think you are leaving rather than entering!! So. I decided to put that logic to the test - and duck me it worked!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Re "God save the Queen."

Years ago I was at The Ashes here in Adelaide (that's the major cricket clash between England v Australia btw)

I had ALL my England attire on. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, as I walked along a footpath with a tray full of beers, heading back to 'the hill' where all the Barmy Army are.

The game is about to start, over the loudspeaker "God save the Queen" is played. I look ahead, and there is a bloke with one of those cameras over his shoulder - the size of camera that requires a firemans lift to carry - an OFFICIAL LIVE CAMERA.

In my head I am thinking, "Oh fuck no." ...thing is, although I know ALL the lyrics to the Australian national anthem, I know about two lines of the British one...

So this ***t with the camera sees me, the quintessential pom walking towards him, he swings the camera to point directly at me....as I just move my lips and hope none of the world audience can lip read.
Finally, as he appeared to zoom in the bit I knew came up, which I sang with gusto "God save the Queen!!"..while swinging the beers happily and then I quickly made a turn before more shit I would have to mumble ensued..

About ten minutes later I get a text from my mate, "Hey, I think I just saw you on TV at the cricket!"

lmao.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i got some old documentary footage for ya. this is from 2006ish. i was renting the attic space at a friend's house and he had a drum kit in the spare room. both he and i play drums and guitar, and he had just bought a roland 'beat box' synth thing kinda like this:
th-1409084826.jpg
th-1409084826.jpg (26.37 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

but this thing wuz the news cuz if you knew what you were doing you could arrange and record some full sounding stuff. but neither paul nor myself read the manual ot spent any read time trying to figure out how to use it. so this is me playing drums and Paul fuckin with the Roland lol. nothing is rehearsed obviously.

And don't be trippin on the drums I told u already I got a fucked up foot situation being left footed on the right footed kit. My right foot is we todd it.

https://sendvid.com/4wangyrj
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:38 pm i got some old documentary footage for ya. this is from 2006ish. i was renting the attic space at a friend's house and he had a drum kit in the spare room. both he and i play drums and guitar, and he had just bought a roland 'beat box' synth thing kinda like this:

th-1409084826.jpg

but this thing wuz the news cuz if you knew what you were doing you could arrange and record some full sounding stuff. but neither paul nor myself read the manual ot spent any read time trying to figure out how to use it. so this is me playing drums and Paul fuckin with the Roland lol. nothing is rehearsed obviously.

And don't be trippin on the drums I told u already I got a fucked up foot situation being left footed on the right footed kit. My right foot is we todd it.

https://sendvid.com/4wangyrj
Can you sample to that? I had a DJ friend way back in 1999 that had something that looked like that and he could sample to each 'pad' and then just tap the pad to mix in the sample - is was bloody awesome, so frickin' easy to make good rave music!

I bought a second hand Roland MC303 years ago to muck about with - has all the original Roland sounds that the likes of The Prodigy came up with...but yeah, pretty hard to learn - I managed to get some really good acid sounds out of it though.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I don't remember if u could upload sounds into it, but it had a preprogrammed sound bank of basic instruments - strings, winds, percussion, keys.