Best Psycho Victory Dance

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Best Psycho Victory Dance

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:27 am Walker:
- Crazy-good dancing replaces suffering with goodness, and celebrates with dance.
- Quality of form plus necessity of a particular form equals natural selection in the dance world.

Sculptor:
Not sure this means anything.

Walker:
The first sentence goes with another sentence.
- Psycho-dancing replaces beauty with suffering to corrupt dance.
- Crazy-good dancing replaces suffering with goodness, and celebrates with dance.

The second sentence is a reference to the selection of dancers in the clip from All That Jazz, which makes Bob Fosse a designer of that world orchestrating the natural selection process; a creator of sorts.
No the sentence I pointed out as meaningless is just pseudo poetic verbage.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:19 pm
No the sentence I pointed out as meaningless is just pseudo poetic verbage.
John Huston’s portrayal in Treasure of the Sierra Madre is crazy-good dancing,
because,
his dance is not caused by suffering.

Definitions:

Suffering in this situation is the fatigue and discouragement by Humphrey and his partner.
The suffering caused Huston’s goading, goading which energized the men, although like folks with some other place to be, which is where he wanted to be, Humphrey habitually associated anger with that energy.

The goodness is the revelation to the suffering men that they have reached the end of their rainbow. Their dreams have come true.

At the risk of sounding poetic, goodness desires goodness for all. (The poetry is in the rhythm this time, and analysis sports a rhyme.) :|

If Huston had danced without seeing the gold, and if he was just dancing because the other two were suffering, then that would be the psycho-crazy dance.

Like your OP examples.
Walker

Post by Walker »

A thread’s survival elements include the natural rhythms of organic dialogue, for such requires more chicken-scratching where there’s less, and less where there’s more. Even Ginger got a solo now and then, and if she didn’t she should have. Although Charese was elegant, Powell had the athletic chops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-b4M8jssX8

- This clip shows form following design of motion, rather flawlessly, i.e., approaching the limit of the forms’ capacities, which is one way to describe perfection. (This is why geese pretty much all look alike in flight.)
- The clip also shows the ideal proportions of each form.
- In the case of Clip’s Contents, the limits of functional capacity, driven by the need for perfection, have shaped each form into its ideal form for its function, which is dance dance dance.

- Which one appears more relaxed?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:45 am A thread’s survival elements include the natural rhythms of organic dialogue, for such requires more chicken-scratching where there’s less, and less where there’s more. Even Ginger got a solo now and then, and if she didn’t she should have. Although Charese was elegant, Powell had the athletic chops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-b4M8jssX8

- This clip shows form following design of motion, rather flawlessly, i.e., approaching the limit of the forms’ capacities, which is one way to describe perfection. (This is why geese pretty much all look alike in flight.)
- The clip also shows the ideal proportions of each form.
- In the case of Clip’s Contents, the limits of functional capacity, driven by the need for perfection, have shaped each form into its ideal form for its function, which is dance dance dance.

- Which one appears more relaxed?
Always preferred Jimmy Cagney's unique and seemingly effortless and style. How is it that everyone could dance back then? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8wxb-w ... anaSpiardi
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:09 am
Always preferred Jimmy Cagney's unique and seemingly effortless and style. How is it that everyone could dance back then? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8wxb-w ... anaSpiardi
Cagney wasn’t a great dancer, but he was distinctive, the kind of aesthetic one remembers, quite energetic and enthusiastic, dedication to craft ... His whole attitude pretty much defined that stiff-legged strut he made his own.

I think The Great Depression had something to do with dancing as part of the survival/thriving skill set, according to the philosophy of … When you’re skating or living on thin ice you may as well dance, and as long as you’re dancing make it a good dance.

1940: Eleanor and Fred were lightly dancing through hard times in clothes that never mucked about in a cold wet field for a lovely bit of filth. Elegance transcending conditions, even for Appalachian square dancers or Cajun zydeco trancers of all times and conditions.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm
Cagney wasn’t a great dancer,
I would have to disagree there. I think he was most definitely a 'great dancer' in the real sense of the word (not the silly American one where everything is 'great').
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:05 pm
I would have to disagree there. I think he was most definitely a 'great dancer' in the real sense of the word (not the silly American one where everything is 'great').
Are you saying that Cagney was a great dancer, but not everything about his dancing was great?
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:32 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:05 pm
Are you saying that Cagney was a great dancer, but not everything about his dancing was great?
I'm saying what was written. Pretty clear actually, and EXTREMELY ironic that you would ask for clarity on anything.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What do you think is the real sense of the word, great? (Or whatever word you meant, since it may have been dancer, or even great dancer.)

Consider this, VT. Sculptor tossed out an open invitation and we accepted the invitation to stroll around crazy good dance and crazy psycho dance *. After all my resulting blathering that doesn’t mean a hill of beans in this crazy world, ahem, adroitly prompted in Socratic fashion by Sculptor according to his conception of appropriateness to the situation, I figure that greatness, or great dancer, could be your tributary leading to a trickle, or a stream, or a river of philosophical relevance, beginning with your interest in Cagney the great dancer. I know that Cagney could play a mean little bastard in the talkies when he was a gangsta … did he do any psycho victory dancing by your metrics, and did he approach the best of that genre?

* crazy good implied as a counterpoint to measure crazy psycho