There's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: There's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

Post by henry quirk »

So I am assuming you think yes, America will get nuked?

As I say: just a matter of time.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 pm So I am assuming you think yes, America will get nuked?

Does it not occur to you that OTHER countries see the US as a violent and destructive force on the planet, which they need their own deterrants for because they are afraid of being attacked by it? That's hardly 'paranoia' either.
The US is the only arsehole who's used nuclear weapons, and that was a very long time ago. If you can't intercept a nuclear missile flying towards you in this day and age then you should be questioning all those trillions you have spent on 'defence' via your taxes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:36 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 pm So I am assuming you think yes, America will get nuked?

Does it not occur to you that OTHER countries see the US as a violent and destructive force on the planet, which they need their own deterrants for because they are afraid of being attacked by it? That's hardly 'paranoia' either.
The US is the only arsehole who's used nuclear weapons, and that was a very long time ago. If you can't intercept a nuclear missile flying towards you in this day and age then you should be questioning all those trillions you have spent on 'defence' via your taxes.
I don't disagree with you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Your probably right.

In fact the most selfless thing we could ever do for each other is nuke the hell out of all of us, but I think we are too selfish to die for our sins. We're just not Jesus enough, me thinks. We haven't evolved to that status yet, and doubt we'll ever get there.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Just because Russia managed to convince the Americans how stupid Mutally Assured Destruction is does not mean the end of the Nuclear threat.
The chances of a euphamistically called "nuclear exchange" is far more likley now that at any time during the cold war.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:54 pm Just because Russia managed to convince the Americans how stupid Mutally Assured Destruction is does not mean the end of the Nuclear threat.
The chances of a euphamistically called "nuclear exchange" is far more likley now that at any time during the cold war.
Imagine the news if a nuke went off in America, holy hell. That'll be fun to watch, I'm thinking I might need to stock up on a ton of Popcorn. Buckle up.....

What I don't get is these end of the world preppers and their bug-out plans, like as if anyone wants to live in a post apocalypse world anyway. :roll:

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:54 pm Just because Russia managed to convince the Americans how stupid Mutally Assured Destruction is does not mean the end of the Nuclear threat.
Imagine the news if a nuke went off in America, holy hell. That'll be fun to watch, I'm thinking I might need to stock up on a ton of Popcorn. Buckle up.....

What I don't get is these end of the world preppers and their bug-out plans, like as if anyone wants to live in a post apocalypse world anyway. :roll:

They are just fantasists. Cosplayers who go to comicon are more honest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm

They are just fantasists. Cosplayers who go to comicon are more honest.
Well, it's strange world a brewing, what with ​China building dummy silos so that you don't know which one to target. The trade war, cyber war, war through media and social media, and drugs..is one way to weaken the enemy.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Rocket failure delays US hypersonic glide missile test in Alaska after China fired second missile 'that defies the laws of physics' and increased panic in the West
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 amThere's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

Rocket failure delays US hypersonic glide missile test in Alaska after China fired second missile 'that defies the laws of physics' and increased panic in the West
TURN YOUR TV OFF

I did once, it made me a lot happier.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:34 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 amThere's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

TURN YOUR TV OFF

Yet even you can't do what you pathetically preach to others. :shock:

Why are you reading what you tell yourself to avoid? ..we're all happy idiots here, especially you, Doh!

As for me, I love watching myself self-destruct, it gives me a real boner, and that makes me happy, each to their own, eh! :shock: :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

TURN YOUR TV OFF

Why don't you dig a hole and bury your head in it?
I understand dogs are good at digging
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:56 pm

TURN YOUR TV OFF

But what are borderline dead old men good at? ..after dogs like me have scalped metaphorically at their own game they thought was "philosophy", and then sucked any remnant of goodness - the marrow from their bones?

Answer:- They are good at being buried in the hole i just dug.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm

TURN YOUR TV OFF

But what are borderline dead old men good at? ..after dogs like me have scalped metaphorically at their own game they thought was "philosophy", and then sucked any remnant of goodness - the marrow from their bones?

but there is no more room in that hole because your head is too fat
you are very good at digging your own hole - now youll just have to lie in it
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm

but there is no more room in that hole because your head is too fat
you are very good at digging your own hole - now youll just have to lie in it
Ouch!!

I'd sue that hospital, surely lobotomies are illegal these days.

Do I really need to change my avatar so that you can find some new material>? :P