There's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: There's a lot of talk about nuclear missiles in the news

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm Does anyone on this forum believe humans would ever use their own war weapons against themselves?
Nuclear weapons are continually, in the days when this is being written, only ever being created to use against human beings.

Is there ANY other purpose that 'you', human beings, make and create nuclear weapons other than to use against "yourselves"?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm Does anyone on this forum believe humans would ever use their own war weapons against themselves?
Hiroshima.

Nagasaki.

'nuff said.

I guess the answer is yes.

Another question, do you think America could ever be hit by a nuclear missile?
Could, or should, ever be hit by a nuclear missile are two different questions.

Some could argue very strongly that if america was hit be a nuclear missile, and long time ago, then the world would already be a much better place.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:24 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 pm So I am assuming you think yes, America will get nuked?

As I say: just a matter of time.
Your probably right.

In fact the most selfless thing we could ever do for each other is nuke the hell out of all of us, but I think we are too selfish to die for our sins. We're just not Jesus enough, me thinks. We haven't evolved to that status yet, and doubt we'll ever get there.
But "jesus" never killed itself. "jesus" was killed by "other" human beings.

So, according to your "logic" here, "jesus" was also 'selfish' because it wanted to keep on living and surviving, like the rest of the majority of 'you', human beings.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:40 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:54 pm Just because Russia managed to convince the Americans how stupid Mutally Assured Destruction is does not mean the end of the Nuclear threat.
The chances of a euphamistically called "nuclear exchange" is far more likley now that at any time during the cold war.
Imagine the news if a nuke went off in America, holy hell. That'll be fun to watch, I'm thinking I might need to stock up on a ton of Popcorn. Buckle up.....

What I don't get is these end of the world preppers and their bug-out plans, like as if anyone wants to live in a post apocalypse world anyway. :roll:

But the apocalypse and end of that (war-torn, stressful, greedy, and pollution-riddled) 'world', that you are living in, was fantastic.

And, we ALL want and love living in this post apocalyptic (loving, peaceful and harmonious) 'world', NOW.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 am Rocket failure delays US hypersonic glide missile test in Alaska after China fired second missile 'that defies the laws of physics' and increased panic in the West
What occurred, which, supposedly, 'defied the laws of physics'?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:02 pm
Nuclear weapons are continually, in the days when this is being written, only ever being created to use against human beings.

Is there ANY other purpose that 'you', human beings, make and create nuclear weapons other than to use against "yourselves"?
I understand the purpose, but the question was asking, would the bombs be used?

Would the unthinkable actually happen. Would someone be crazy enough to press the red button?

I'm not so sure, it's very easy to make threats, but to actually strike out and make the threat an actual action, is never absolutely certain.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 am Rocket failure delays US hypersonic glide missile test in Alaska after China fired second missile 'that defies the laws of physics' and increased panic in the West
Ask google, it's what most people do to inform themselves, google will inform you better than I ever could.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:43 pm So I am assuming you think yes, America will get nuked?

As I say: just a matter of time.
Your probably right.

In fact the most selfless thing we could ever do for each other is nuke the hell out of all of us, but I think we are too selfish to die for our sins. We're just not Jesus enough, me thinks. We haven't evolved to that status yet, and doubt we'll ever get there.

So, according to your "logic" here, "jesus" was also 'selfish' because it wanted to keep on living and surviving, like the rest of the majority of 'you', human beings.
The point being, Jesus could have escaped his fate, but he willingly accepted his fate that was to die at the hands of other humans. He basically dies so that we don't have to. The sacrifice was an allegory, a metaphor for it's better to be good than be a bad person, it's saying die to sinful ways, and give life to good ways.

Good is our natural state anyway, we already know how to be good, the Jesus story is just a metaphorical reminder to us that we are good, and to resist the temptation to be led astray from that place, that results in the despairing feeling of being separated from our true nature, and from what is essentially our only true and real self which is.. love.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am

Your probably right.

The point being, Jesus could have escaped his fate, but he willingly accepted his fate that was to die at the hands of other humans. He basically dies so that we don't have to. The sacrifice was an allegory, a metaphor for it's better to be good than be a bad person, it's saying die to sinful ways, and give life to good ways.

Good is our natural state anyway, we already know how to be good, the Jesus story is just a metaphorical reminder to us that we are good, and to resist the temptation to be led astray from that place, that results in the despairing feeling of being separated from our true nature, and from what is essentially our only true and real self which is.. love.
I honestly don't think you've read a single Gospel, and here you are doing - precisely what you accused me of - preaching. Well, at least I have the comprehension of the subject matter.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:55 am

They have already been used, correct?

As pointed out, and PROVED, with 'Hiroshima'. And with

'Nagasaki'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:55 am Would the unthinkable actually happen. Would someone be crazy enough to press the red button?

I'm not so sure, it's very easy to make threats, but to actually strike out and make the threat an actual action, is never absolutely certain.

But, in the days when this was being written, it has ALREADY been done.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:57 am
Age wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 pm
Ask google, it's what most people do to inform themselves, google will inform you better than I ever could.
Okay. But when one makes a claim about some 'thing', then I suggest that they have the actual PROOF of that 'thing' BEFORE they make the claim. Otherwise they can end up looking VERY FOOLISH.

Now, did "google" inform you of what you claim here?

If yes, then will you provide a link?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am

Your probably right.

The point being, Jesus could have escaped his fate,
How, exactly?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am but he willingly accepted his fate that was to die at the hands of other humans.
When one is on on 'death row', and then marched/forced to their own 'death sentence', then how exactly can one defy that order, and not willingly accept that outcome?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am He basically dies so that we don't have to.
Do you, really, think or believe that 'you' could have lived forever anyway?

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am The sacrifice was an allegory, a metaphor for it's better to be good than be a bad person, it's saying die to sinful ways, and give life to good ways.
I do not think ANY thing is needed to PROVED, that it is better to be 'good' than to be 'bad'.

I think this is a GIVEN, which does NOT need to proven and JUST speaks for itself, anyway
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:13 am Good is our natural state anyway, we already know how to be good, the Jesus story is just a metaphorical reminder to us that we are good, and to resist the temptation to be led astray from that place, that results in the despairing feeling of being separated from our true nature, and from what is essentially our only true and real self which is.. love.
Evolution takes 'us' to our True Self anyway, and there is absolutely NOTHING any thing any one can do to stop 'us' from eventually becoming our True Self anyway.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Yes, google informed me.

''Google'' is on the desktop of all computer devices. It's available to all at any time of the day, unless it's electrical source shuts off, then it's not available, but that doesn't mean the data it supplies has disappeared forever, it will reappear as soon as it's electrical source comes back online.

I can't provide what you want, you have to provide your wants for yourself, by yourself. I can only point to your wants, but ultimately, you are the one who has to want what it is you are wanting all by yourself. I can only inform information, I cannot claim it.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:20 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:55 am

They have already been used, correct?

As pointed out, and PROVED, with 'Hiroshima'. And with

'Nagasaki'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:55 am Would the unthinkable actually happen. Would someone be crazy enough to press the red button?

But, in the days when this was being written, it has ALREADY been done.
Yes, I agree, that in the days when this was being written, it has ALREADY been done. I understand this statement to be true.

Now what about America? do you think that the country America could possibly become a nuclear target?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:14 am
Age wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Yes, google informed me.

''Google'' is on the desktop of all computer devices. It's available to all at any time of the day, unless it's electrical source shuts off, then it's not available, but that doesn't mean the data it supplies has disappeared forever, it will reappear as soon as it's electrical source comes back online.

I can't provide what you want, you have to provide your wants for yourself, by yourself. I can only point to your wants, but ultimately, you are the one who has to want what it is you are wanting all by yourself. I can only inform information, I cannot claim it.

But what I wanted was to see if you could provide a link to the claim that you made.

I can NOT make you do this. I can only inform you of what it is that I am curios about. Whether you do that or not is your choice ALONE.

So, there exists somewhere information about how "china" fired a missile 'that defies the laws of physics' or there is not. I care neither way. I am just curios as to whether you can actually back up and support your claim here. So far you have not done so.
Last edited by Age on Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.