Responding to insults

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Scott Mayers

Re: Responding to insults

Post by Scott Mayers »

Jori wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:58 am Another reply to insult is simply silence. This means that you do not accept information that is packaged as an insult. Another: Thank you for the feedback. If the feedback is not clear ask for clarification like some of you already posted.

Speaking of political correctness, I have encountered the following euphemisms:
1. Sick - feeling funny
2. Old - chronologically gifted
3. Is dead - went online
You meant "3. Is dead -went offline", correct?

If you are familiar with Bill Maher, his main characteristic theme (as political comedian and commentator) begun as a fight against politically correct biases, he has many times thought up many such examples, often in humor like this. I'll link what I might find of his youTube segments of prior shows.

[His original show was originally called "Politically Incorrect" but the show ended due to network concerns of the post-9/11 history and ownership [ABC and its takeover by Disney]. His now runs the same show under a different name and network [HBO] called, "Real Time with Bill Maher"]
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Age wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:47 am
uwot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:45 am
Jori wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:28 amA possible response to an insult is this: "Go ahead put me down."
Another is to consider whether the insult is accurate.
When FULLY looked into, just about EVERY attempt at insult is NEVER correct.
Very true! Most of them are understatements.

Post by Age »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:37 am
uwot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:45 am Another is to consider whether the insult is accurate.
Is that insults FROM you, or TO you?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Age wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:11 am

Is that insults FROM you, or TO you?
Great question!

The former are ALWAYS justified; the latter are NEVER justified! I never could figure out why anyone I insulted would want to insult me back! :o

I mean, how childish! :shock:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:45 am Another is to consider whether the insult is accurate.
...best way to reply to any insult is with wit - which requires intelligence...which is why it is rare I feel insulted - after two or three meanderings between insults and wit.

Fuk, I truly can't remember if NE of U have actually managed to insult my INTELLIGENCE. :P
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:25 am

...best way to reply to any insult is with wit - which requires intelligence...which is why it is rare I feel insulted - after two or three meanderings between insults and wit.

Fuk, I truly can't remember if NE of U have actually managed to insult my INTELLIGENCE. :P
That reminds me of the time I was desperately searching for the NE key on the keyboard. Never found it so I with my advanced skills in programming I decided to press ANY key instead.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 am

That reminds me of the time I was desperately searching for the NE key on the keyboard. Never found it so I with my advanced skills in programming I decided to press ANY key instead.
Now...that is truly amazing. If sum one actually insulted U ...you would still be oblivious indeed dubious about giving a flying fuck about Keyboard skills, in fact, I might be able to sell U a keyboard with an NE key since you appear to need 1.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:53 am

Now...that is truly amazing. If sum one actually insulted U ...you would still be oblivious indeed dubious about giving a flying fuck about Keyboard skills, in fact, I might be able to sell U a keyboard with an NE key since you appear to need 1.
That's ok, I discovered a long time ago a way out of my dilemma. I simply labelled every letter on the keyboard with ANY that way I'll never be confused about which key to press!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:08 am

That's ok, I discovered a long time ago a way out of my dilemma. I simply labelled every letter on the keyboard with ANY that way I'll never be confused about which key to press!
Ah, well, thank fuck for that....for a twitch of a second I thought I might have to think of an intelligent reply.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:19 am

Ah, well, thank fuck for that....for a twitch of a second I thought I might have to think of an intelligent reply.
No problem! I wouldn't want you to uselessly activate any circuit breakers!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:23 am
Wots that got to do with a human?

**SORRY Dubious I was in a dodgy mood last night - I was going to go and delete all my swearing, but of course one can't when quoted!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:36 am

**SORRY Dubious I was in a dodgy mood last night - I was going to go and delete all my swearing, but of course one can't when quoted!
No need to be sorry! You ain't done nothin wrong. It was a back and forth tete-a-tete spiced with a few little sub rosa innuendos to make a conversation about nothing more interesting. I think of it as knife sharpening without stabbing. I think we understand each other well enough by now!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:36 am

No need to be sorry! You ain't done nothin wrong. It was a back and forth tete-a-tete spiced with a few little sub rosa innuendos to make a conversation about nothing more interesting. I think of it as knife sharpening without stabbing. I think we understand each other well enough by now!
Agreed.

╱╱┏╮
╱╱┃┃
▉━╯┗━╮
▉┈┈┈┈┃
▉╮┈┈┈┃
╱╰━━━╯

‎________$$$$
_______$$__$
_______$___$$
_______$___$$
_______$$___$$