9/11: One day in America

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

9/11: One day in America

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Astonishing new documentary series on National Geographic. No politics. No preaching. Just an intimately human perspective and unfathomable sadness. In one part Billy Joel's 'She's always a woman to me' continued to be piped incongruously through the WTC amid all the carnage. More than enough pathos for several lifetimes. Worth remarking on is the extensive filming of every part of the day-- before the advent of smart phones.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Horrific mutilation and slow death

One of the worst 'revelations' was that the 'jumpers' didn't all die instantly (although I do realise how delighted that would make the kristians on here).

Religion has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Fuck religion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 pm One of the worst 'revelations' was that the 'jumpers' didn't all die instantly (although I do realise how delighted that would make the kristians on here).

Fuck religion.
Religion is a man-made psyop designed to fuck with your mind. . humans have been mentally abusing themselves for as long as they've roamed the earth.

The knowledge of Separation was the beginning of their end.This is just basic common knowledge that intelligent people already know. Then there's the niave infantile people who believe just about anything they are told with gusto and vigor, like a child. Some adults are still children, they never reach beyond their precious fabled beliefs and see them for what they really are, rather, their fabled beliefs become their literal world.

I'd personally like to see God volunteering to be a jumper ...But no, he's a coward, so he sent his son Jesus to sacrifice himself because God was too cowardly to do it himself, in other words he sent every one who resembles a human being to their disgusting deaths. Yeah, seems like a really nice Guy does our God, such amazing cowardice redeeming qualities. ( NOT!! nice at all)

vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:37 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 pm One of the worst 'revelations' was that the 'jumpers' didn't all die instantly (although I do realise how delighted that would make the kristians on here).

Fuck religion.
Religion is a man-made psyop designed to fuck with your mind. . humans have been mentally abusing themselves for as long as they've roamed the earth.

The knowledge of Separation was the beginning of their end.This is just basic common knowledge that intelligent people already know. Then there's the niave infantile people who believe just about anything they are told with gusto and vigor, like a child. Some adults are still children, they never reach beyond their precious fabled beliefs and see them for what they really are, rather, their fabled beliefs become their literal world.

I'd personally like to see God volunteering to be a jumper ...But no, he's a coward, so he sent his son Jesus to sacrifice himself because God was too cowardly to do it himself, in other words he sent every one who resembles a human being to their disgusting deaths. Yeah, seems like a really nice Guy does our God, such amazing cowardice redeeming qualities. ( NOT!! nice at all)

Yet some survivors were predictably drivelling on about how 'god' (or allah?) was 'watching over me that day'-- never mind the other 3K people that he apparently decided not to 'watch over' that day (or he was having too good a time watching them suffer). He's not a coward; he's a sadistic psychopath with narcissistic personality disorder.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:54 pm
Yet some survivors were predictably drivelling on about how 'god' (or allah?) was 'watching over me that day'-- never mind the other 3K people that he apparently decided not to 'watch over' that day (or he was having too good a time watching them suffer). He's not a coward; he's a sadistic psychopath with narcissistic personality disorder.
Yes, good point. Notice how those who survive the horrors of life are convinced they are the special ones. It's so cringey.

Humans are evil full stop. We're all pretty much passive agressive narcissists deep down, it's a totally natural part of our nature to be opportunistic, we're just like any other predatory sentient creature, we kill or be killed, that's why we're always so war hungry over territory and resources. Humans seem unable to palate that side of their nature, they often choose to be in total denial of their predatory nature. You've only got to watch some of the movies on
Netflix to reveal the apocalyptic nature of the human mind. America will never give up their guns, the people are wild and free just like an animal no matter how much they try to dress it up to be something else, there will always remain lurking underneath their bare naked raw animalistic sense of being.

The belief in a God who will save our souls to live by his side in eternal bliss and heaven is for the faint of heart. Most people however just grow a pair of balls, and accept the truth about their true nature.
Nature does not keep score for good behavior. Every living organism lives on the same one lifeboat of hope, and will go down the same undignified way. There is no way up and out of this war.

vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:23 am
Yes, good point. Notice how those who survive the horrors of life are convinced they are the special ones. It's so cringey.

Humans are evil full stop. We're all pretty much passive agressive narcissists deep down, it's a totally natural part of our nature to be opportunistic, we're just like any other predatory sentient creature, we kill or be killed, that's why we're always so war hungry over territory and resources. Humans seem unable to palate that side of their nature, they often choose to be in total denial of their predatory nature. You've only got to watch some of the movies on
Netflix to reveal the apocalyptic nature of the human mind. America will never give up their guns, the people are wild and free just like an animal no matter how much they try to dress it up to be something else, there will always remain lurking underneath their bare naked raw animalistic sense of being.

The belief in a God who will save our souls to live by his side in eternal bliss and heaven is for the faint of heart. Most people however just grow a pair of balls, and accept the truth about their true nature.
Nature does not keep score for good behavior. Every living organism lives on the same one lifeboat of hope, and will go down the same undignified way. There is no way up and out of this war.

Many kristians were actually angered by the 'jumpers', calling them 'sinners' (not the brightest or most imaginative of creatures). As if any person on earth is just going to stand somewhere and wait for themselves to ignite and burn alive. It's hardly 'suicide' (not that there's anything wrong with suicide) if you choose a 'possibly' less horrific death. Plus, jumping would be a natural reflex when confronted with a wall of flames.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:47 pm
Many kristians were actually angered by the 'jumpers', calling them 'sinners' (not the brightest or most imaginative of creatures). As if any person on earth is just going to stand somewhere and wait for themselves to ignite and burn alive. It's hardly 'suicide' (not that there's anything wrong with suicide) if you choose a 'possibly' less horrific death. Plus, jumping would be a natural reflex when confronted with a wall of flames.
I agree with you.

Knowingly creating new life is taking a massive risk with that life, that never consented to it. Imagine hearing that your own child had no choice but to jump to it's death to escape the horror of burning alive. Life is a horror. It's the risk we take every time we impose life on another, believing they will enjoy their life because the imposer just happened to believe that life is worth the price of admission, while ignoring all the things that can go badly wrong, but that's not important, what's more important is that life is so beautiful and magical and sacred, so it's worth carrying on with it.

Intelligent people understand the game is rigged from the get go, in that no one wins.

But for the lovers of life, yeah it's ok, I don't mind burning alive just as long as I get my two minutes worth of fame.

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: 9/11: One day in America

Predictably, American greed added to its own tragedy with the pathetically tiny stairwells, designed that way to maximise office space. With the means of escape reduced to one step per minute to allow firefighters to ascend it's easy to see how the death toll could have been greatly lessened with a bit more foresight and a lot less greed.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-10/ ... /100436856
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Fuck religion.

QED.

I've been trying to believe in God and Christ, but I just can't. This world is horrible. Only a sadistic God would have created it. So either God is sadistic or there is no God. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter of the two (out of kindness to any would be God).

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 pm

QED.

I've been trying to believe in God and Christ, but I just can't. This world is horrible. Only a sadistic God would have created it. So either God is sadistic or there is no God. I'm inclined to believe it's the latter of the two (out of kindness to any would be God).
Firstly, WHY 'believe' ANY 'thing'? And, especially WHY even 'try to' 'believe' ANY 'thing'? What is the PURPOSE of 'believing' 'things', and especially 'things' that may not even be true nor exist?

Secondly, if I asked you, 'Are you inclined to believe there is no Tod?' how would you reply to me?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:24 pm

QED.

Firstly, WHY 'believe' ANY 'thing'? And, especially WHY even 'try to' 'believe' ANY 'thing'? What is the PURPOSE of 'believing' 'things', and especially 'things' that may not even be true nor exist?

Secondly, if I asked you, 'Are you inclined to believe there is no Tod?' how would you reply to me?
Age, sorry but I'm not an 'on demand' explanation machine. If you can't figure out the obvious, then fuck off. I can't help it if you're clueless.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:42 pm
Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:24 pm

QED.

Age, sorry but I'm not an 'on demand' explanation machine.
The clarifying questions were directed at what 'you' do, personally. If you are NOT able to answer questions, in reply to what YOU WROTE, about what 'you', "yourself", do, then ANY one else answering would just be a GUESS or an ASSUMPTION.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:42 pm If you can't figure out the obvious, then fuck off. I can't help it if you're clueless.
So, here we have ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how these adult human beings would do 'things' but NEVER even had the slightest CLUE as to WHY they do those 'things' that they do.

But, if you want to CLAIM the answers are OBVIOUS to WHY "gary childress" is 'TRYING TO" 'believe' in just SOME 'thing', other than 'itself', then this is because "gary childress" is a VERY WEAK and VERY INSECURE human being, and does NOT know where to turn to, in Life.

The PURPOSE "gary childress" NEEDS to 'believe' in just ANY thing, and even in 'things' that may not even be true, is because of the way "gary childress" was brought up and raised, which is WHY "gary childress" is now the VERY LONELY, WEAK, and Truly INSECURE being 'it' IS.

Also, if you just responded to the last clarifying question Honestly, then we could have gotten to MY POINT. But because you are INCAPABLE of just being Honest here, we will NOT get to what I was going to GET TO.
Dontaskme

Re: Age the Rage Sage

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:28 pmBut because you are INCAPABLE of just being Honest here, we will NOT get to what I was going to GET TO.
But no one on this forum gives a shit about getting to what you've got to.

People have a hard enough time understanding their own sense of being here in life without then having to try and understand your sense of being here in life too. Breaking news Age, no one on this forum understands you ok, also, no one cares about understanding you, and why would they care, it's hard enough understanding ourselves without the extra burden of having to carry you on their back along their personal journey. Do everyone a favor, lighten their load and get off their back.

If you know what you are talking about and are absolutely certain you have thee actual truth of things, then so will others, it's not your job to help others find what they already know, ok. Now allow people their space to breathe easy ok, there is no room in ONE MIND for two, ok. .in other words, why don't you just get out of other peoples heads and mind your own business for a change.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:15 pmThis world is horrible. Only a sadistic God would have created it.
This world is horrible, only a sane intelligent person would ever dare admit that to themself.

Life is a disgusting pile of broken putrid mess. Faith and hope or the belief in a perfectly loving God who knows what it is doing, is a man-made fantasy that humanity uses to assuage the pain of living as this sentient creature capable of feeling unimaginable horrific pain and torture. Sentience is wired to feel pain, and that to me is unacceptable, because there is no way for the organism to escape what is hardwired into it...and that brings me round to the idea that the universe really has no mind or intelligence to EVER know what the hell it is doing.

We as an aware species, then exacerbate the horror of reality by imposing it on new life through procreation, which to me is another way of assuaging the pain of living. But breeding is just adding more fuel to the already burning fire that is sentience, by saying lets just make more of the suffering, so other lives can experience the torture too..

It only ends when we end, and I cannot so far see that happening any time soon.

If I could make a pie-chart of my personal experience of pain ...it would look like 90% pain and misery, and 10% absence of pain and misery...so in my opinion, life is not worth the price of admission.

And if I could choose to be born again, I would defintely decline knowing what I know now.

Gary Childress

Re: Age the Rage Sage

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:51 am
Age wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:28 pmBut because you are INCAPABLE of just being Honest here, we will NOT get to what I was going to GET TO.
But no one on this forum gives a shit about getting to what you've got to.

People have a hard enough time understanding their own sense of being here in life without then having to try and understand your sense of being here in life too. Breaking news Age, no one on this forum understands you ok, also, no one cares about understanding you, and why would they care, it's hard enough understanding ourselves without the extra burden of having to carry you on their back along their personal journey. Do everyone a favor, lighten their load and get off their back.

If you know what you are talking about and are absolutely certain you have thee actual truth of things, then so will others, it's not your job to help others find what they already know, ok. Now allow people their space to breathe easy ok, there is no room in ONE MIND for two, ok. .in other words, why don't you just get out of other peoples heads and mind your own business for a change.
I second the above!