The Book of Questions

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The Book of Questions

Post by henry quirk »

I missed yesterday, so you get three, instead of one, to ignore...

9. Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?

9. If you were expelled from the country and only had limited financial resources, where would you try to rebuild your life?

-----

10. Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were of the opposite sex?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:49 pm I missed yesterday, so you get three, instead of one, to ignore...

9. Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?

9. If you were expelled from the country and only had limited financial resources, where would you try to rebuild your life?

-----

10. Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were of the opposite sex?
Do you know how sequential numbering works? What are your answers to the questions, Henry? Afraid to put yourself "out there" with your own topic? And do you really give a flying fuck what anyone answers? You're not engaging with the few who do respond. Isn't this all about you being stroked and stubborn in being the man with the book of questions for everyone else?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:46 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:49 pm I missed yesterday, so you get three, instead of one, to ignore...

-----

Do you know how sequential numbering works? What are your answers to the questions, Henry? Afraid to put yourself "out there" with your own topic? And do you really give a flying fuck what anyone answers? You're not engaging with the few who do respond. Isn't this all about you being stroked and stubborn in being the man with the book of questions for everyone else?
Jeez, but you're a pip.

You want my answers? Fine.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

1. For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again?

Yes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

2. Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

No. Yes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

3. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven't you told them yet?

Nuthin': those I love, know it; those I hate, know it; those I don't give a flip about, know it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

4. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience would you do so? If not, why not?

No. Without the memory, I'm left with an unexplained one year gap. I value memory and continuity of memory.

4. Which is more important: actual experiences, or the memories that remain when the experiences are over?

Can't have one without the other.
Last edited by henry quirk on Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

5. If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

Sure, as long as all the risks and benefits are plainly spelled out, and I mean plainly. And where the developers don't know, they need to plainly lay that on the table too.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

6. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?

Tough one. Here and now, not bein' in that circumstance, I say I'd leave things as they are. I love the kid I have and wouldn't wanna play games with his life.

Can't honestly say where my head would be, though, if I were in that circumstance.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

7. Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?

Better. Doesn't mean we'll have a smooth time gettin' there.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

8. Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or be the champion of an individual sport? Which sport would you choose?

I was a middle-of-the-pack marathoner till my car accident in '81, so, if I could still do long distance, I would.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

No.

I'd spend my time gettin' back into the country, not rebuildin'.

Women. No.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:55 pm 7. Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
Worse.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 pm 8. Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or be the champion of an individual sport? Which sport would you choose?
Team sport. Football, European style. Or individual, motorcycle racer.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:01 pm 9. Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?
Yes.
The US or England.
Women. No.
Same.