The Book of Questions

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: The Book of Questions

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:37 pm You want my answers? Fine.
:D Nice! Very upstanding of you, Henry. I’m especially surprised by your answer to #1. Who will guard your lawn with a shotgun if you leave?

Here are my answers:

1. For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again?

Yes. The opportunity to love deeply is a wonderful gift.

2. Do you believe in ghosts or evil spirits? Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted?

Yes, I suppose... although I wouldn’t describe it that way. I think there are other forms of energy than what we are typically aware of in our human lives, and such energy can have varied influences and qualities. I’ve felt it... good and bad. I would not be likely to go anywhere that was known to have energies that are negative or that I cannot connect constructively with.

3. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven't you told them yet?

I would only regret not being able to kiss them one more time. The people I care about know my heart, and I have no important secrets to divulge.

4. If you could spend one year in perfect happiness but afterward would remember nothing of the experience would you do so? If not, why not?

Yes. I live in the moment.

Which is more important: actual experiences, or the memories that remain when the experiences are over?

Actual experiences.

5. If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1 percent of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

Yes... and let people choose for themselves whether to take the personal risk.

6. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?

No. Love is love, regardless of who it is... and genuine love can’t just be turned off. I might, however, try to seek out my biological child to ensure that they were well and happy. I would not disrupt their life or expect anything. It doesn’t matter who we’re born through.

7. Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?

Better... after the current overwhelming load of noise and dramas and corruption and distortions burn themselves out as they appear to be in the long process of doing. I think humankind has enough consciousness to learn from this and choose more wisely as a result in the future.

8. Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or be the champion of an individual sport? Which sport would you choose?

Individual. Hmm... maybe snowboarding.

9. Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?

Yes.

If you were expelled from the country and only had limited financial resources, where would you try to rebuild your life?

Anywhere beautiful and easy-going with a moderate climate and English-speaking community. Any suggestions for my future retirement?

10. Which sex do you think has it easier in our culture? Have you ever wished you were of the opposite sex?

Men. No.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:28 pm Gregory Stock - Goodread

THE BOOK OF QUESTIONS gives you permission to ask those things that are too bold, too embarrassing, or just too difficult to ask by yourself.

Question 1: Where's the Love?

I love pork.
I love bacon.
I especially love crackling.
But I can't eat it because this is wrong.
However I will eat thes pigs
image_2021-08-18_110323.png
image_2021-08-18_110323.png (156.19 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am

THE BOOK OF QUESTIONS gives you permission to ask those things that are too bold, too embarrassing, or just too difficult to ask by yourself.

I love pork.
I love bacon.
Yep, love is what you love. If you didn't love doing what you love, you wouldn't be doing it. Crocodiles love death rolling their supper. Lions rip other lions and animals to shreds because they love to eat them. Humans throw live cats, puppies and other small animals on an open fire or chuck them into a pot of boiling water because they love to eat their dead carcasses. Yup, it's not always pretty, all those tortured animals could be you.

Nobody really talks about the torture, it's too much for them to bare, to contemplate. So whether you love killing to eat, or killing for your religious, social and economic ideologies, then love is what you will love. All done in the name of love. Heck, even God himself murdered his own child because he loved him.

Personally, I think eating to survive, and surviving to eat, by killing some other life that's also trying to survive, is a pointless, cruel and stupid game. It's not an intelligent design by some all loving wise creator, it's a torrent of the most senseless barbaric torture and suffering upon sentience. Life for sentience, is a pointless, baseless, insipid, crude meat grinding machine from birth to death.

I was a meat eater once upon a time, right up until I reached that impasse in life, where I stopped and took a hard look at life, when I seriously questioned it, and had to ask myself... *what the actual fuck am I doing here* *is this really a fun thing to do...*

Meeting that impasse really was the best thing that could have happened to me, it was when I totally surrended and died to this horror show that is nature. I said, nature, kill me too, that's when I realised we're all just sacks of pointless meat feeding off of each other. Seriously gross, and hopefully just a rare one off mindless, meaningless event in nature, one that will never happen again, once the sun that was responsible for all this carnage goes supernova. Thankfully, there is a plus side to all this, and that is every sentient feeling creature was dead for eternity before it came to experience this horror show, and every sentient creature will be dead for another eternity when they eventually die to this Frankenstein's monster horror show. That's the only consolation sentient life could ever wish to hope for....the end.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:36 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am

I love pork.
I love bacon.
Yep, love is what you love. If you didn't love doing what you love, you wouldn't be doing it. Crocodiles love death rolling their supper. Lions rip other lions and animals to shreds because they love to eat them. Humans throw live cats, puppies and other small animals on an open fire or chuck them into a pot of boiling water because they love to eat their dead carcasses. Yup, it's not always pretty, all those tortured animals could be you.
Oh colourful of you to say so.
Not sure what your ranting is about.

Nobody really talks about the torture, it's too much for them to bare, to contemplate. So whether you love killing to eat, or killing for your religious, social and economic ideologies, then love is what you will love. All done in the name of love. Heck, even God himself murdered his own child because he loved him.
Torture is not a subject of this thread or os any post on it
WHy don't you start a totrure thread?

Personally, I think eating to survive, and surviving to eat, by killing some other life that's also trying to survive, is a pointless, cruel and stupid game.
Is you think life is pointless then you ought to top your self and let someone else eat you bacon - someone that can enjoy it.
It's not an intelligent design by some all loving wise creator, it's a torrent of the most senseless barbaric torture and suffering upon sentience. Life for sentience, is a pointless, baseless, insipid, crude meat grinding machine from birth to death.

I was a meat eater once upon a time, right up until I reached that impasse in life, where I stopped and took a hard look at life, when I seriously questioned it, and had to ask myself... *what the actual fuck am I doing here* *is this really a fun thing to do...*
Gee whizz. "Iwas a meat eater once, and now I am pure. but I pay my taxes to an evil regime which exports fear and suffering all over the world,"

Meeting that impasse really was the best thing that could have happened to me, it was when I totally surrended and died to this horror show that is nature. I said, nature, kill me too,
That is still on the table
.. that's when I realised we're all just sacks of pointless meat feeding off of each other. Seriously gross, and hopefully just a rare one off mindless, meaningless event in nature, one that will never happen again, once the sun that was responsible for all this carnage goes supernova. Thankfully, there is a plus side to all this, and that is every sentient feeling creature was dead for eternity before it came to experience this horror show, and every sentient creature will be dead for another eternity when they eventually die to this Frankenstein's monster horror show. That's the only consolation sentient life could ever wish to hope for....the end.
Meating, or not meating that is the question.
If you think you are changing anything to build your fake purity then that's your choice.
For me I'd prefer that the pig species continue. Afterall they might be the next intelligent super-species on the planet when we kill ourselves; and that whilst they live they are well cared for.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 am Is you think life is pointless then you ought to top your self and let someone else eat you bacon - someone that can enjoy it.
Personally, I don't like violence, especially when it comes to slaughtering sentient feeling creatures.
Why on earth would anyone want to kill themself by imposing intented violence upon themself? that would be a pretty dumb idea as well.
Why on earth does having the opinion that life is a stupid dumb game played by stupid dumb people mean they should just kill themself?
What a stupid and dumb thing to say...oh wait! :roll:
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 amGee whizz. "Iwas a meat eater once, and now I am pure. but I pay my taxes to an evil regime which exports fear and suffering all over the world,"
Ah, but I never said I was pure, I only said I became aware of the cruelty I was inflicting on a suffering sentient creature, so I stopped playing that part of life. I never mentioned the word pure. You did, dumbo.
Yep, I also play my part in paying taxes for this expensive stupid game, I really do think it's a very high price to pay for what you actually get in return, to be perfectly honest, especially when I didn't consent to it in the first place, rather, it was my stupid dumb parents who signed that consent form.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 amMeating, or not meating that is the question.
If you think you are changing anything to build your fake purity then that's your choice.
For me I'd prefer that the pig species continue. Afterall they might be the next intelligent super-species on the planet when we kill ourselves; and that whilst they live they are well cared for.
Well none of that makes any sense whatsoever, it's just a pile of dumbo induced mumbo jumbo ''..... pigs might be intelligent when we die, ok, let's just allow intelligence to dominate the planet, which ever form it manifests as, could be a pig or a crocodile, hmm, let me guess...what could possibly be the next intelligence to rule the planet...oh wait, I guess we'll never know who or what takes over as the new intellience of the world... since we'll all be dead.

And why do you keep thinking my life is pure, just because I don't like the idea of killing sentient feeling creatures?

I have to live in this shithole like everything else does, there is nothing pure about shit faces laying their eggs in a shithole, let me tell you.

And why do you think I'm trying to change the world here, I couldn't give a fuck about changing it, I am only interested in changing my own ways.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:53 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 am Is you think life is pointless then you ought to top your self and let someone else eat you bacon - someone that can enjoy it.
Personally, I don't like violence, especially when it comes to slaughtering sentient feeling creatures.
Then you have a big problem since wild animals all die in pain and suffering, even humans. The only chance of a quick painless death is in the abattoir. The death of those pigs is going to be painless and that is gaurenteed by LAW.
That's why I have little problem with eating meat.
Why on earth would anyone want to kill themself by imposing intented violence upon themself? that would be a pretty dumb idea as well.
Babbling rant.
You are going to die. You can chose to die painlessly and with no violence if you wish.
Why on earth does having the opinion that life is a stupid dumb game played by stupid dumb people mean they should just kill themself?
Why go on with the suffering dummy, when you can end it all painlessly? :lol:
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 amGee whizz. "Iwas a meat eater once, and now I am pure. but I pay my taxes to an evil regime which exports fear and suffering all over the world,"
Ah, but I never said I was pure, I only said I became aware of the cruelty I was inflicting on a suffering sentient creature, so I stopped playing that part of life. I never mentioned the word pure. You did, dumbo.
Animals reared for meat suffer MUCH less than in the wild, fuckwit.
So just about everything you are saying is complete bollocks
Yep, I also play my part in paying taxes for this expensive stupid game, I really do think it's a very high price to pay for what you actually get in return, to be perfectly honest, especially when I didn't consent to it in the first place, rather, it was my stupid dumb parents who signed that consent form.

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 amMeating, or not meating that is the question.
Well none of that makes any sense whatsoever,
That's because your brain is faulty - maybe you should eat some meat?
it's just a pile of dumbo induced mumbo jumbo ''..... pigs might be intelligent when we die, ok, let's just allow intelligence to dominate the planet, which ever form it manifests as, could be a pig or a crocodile, hmm, let me guess...what could possibly be the next intelligence to rule the planet...oh wait, I guess we'll never know who or what takes over as the new intellience of the world... since we'll all be dead.
Pigs have been around in various forms for longer than primates. They have as much right to join the greasy pole of evolution as any other species.
As the human population grows to unmanagable proportions eating meat is going to be one way to maintain species diversity, like it or not.

And why do you keep thinking my life is pure, just because I don't like the idea of killing sentient feeling creatures?
It's the huge moral high horse you are sitting on. It makes you think that you are about the horse shit - but you aint.
I have to live in this shithole like everything else does,
Like I said NO YOU DO NOT
there is nothing pure about shit faces laying their eggs in a shithole, let me tell you.

And why do you think I'm trying to change the world here, I couldn't give a fuck about changing it, I am only interested in changing my own ways.
Change the world??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can write a book
"Mr Pure Changes the World".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:44 pm
Then you have a big problem since wild animals all die in pain and suffering, even humans. The only chance of a quick painless death is in the abattoir. The death of those pigs is going to be painless and that is gaurenteed by LAW.
Babbling rant.
You are going to die. You can chose to die painlessly and with no violence if you wish.

it's just a pile of dumbo induced mumbo jumbo ''..... pigs might be intelligent when we die, ok, let's just allow intelligence to dominate the planet, which ever form it manifests as, could be a pig or a crocodile, hmm, let me guess...what could possibly be the next intelligence to rule the planet...oh wait, I guess we'll never know who or what takes over as the new intellience of the world... since we'll all be dead.
Pigs have been around in various forms for longer than primates. They have as much right to join the greasy pole of evolution as any other species.
As the human population grows to unmanagable proportions eating meat is going to be one way to maintain species diversity, like it or not.

It's the huge moral high horse you are sitting on. It makes you think that you are about the horse shit - but you aint.
there is nothing pure about shit faces laying their eggs in a shithole, let me tell you.

You can write a book
Life for sentient beings is a stupid dumb game. That's my opinion. Only a dumb player plays dumb games.

You are welcome to your own opinion, I have no problem with it.

Deosn't mean I should just kill myself for having an opinion, we've all got them and they all stink.

Smell your own shit, fuckface.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:51 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:44 pm
Babbling rant.

You can write a book
Life for sentient beings is a stupid dumb game. That's my opinion. Only a dumb player plays dumb games.

You are welcome to your own opinion, I have no problem with it.

Deosn't mean I should just kill myself for having an opinion, we've all got them and they all stink.

Smell your own shit, fuckface.
You do not understand life.
You have been brought up closeted in the Disney fantasy of modern childhood, where animals are human analouges, they cry they speak they have purpose. You were fed meat, and cheese and milk from the earliest age. The meat came in plastic packets devoid of blood and with mysterious provenance, divorced from the realities that the items were from once living things. And when granny died, they put her in a clean box, and you were told she went to heaven.
But all the whilse, nature abides regardless of your sensitivity, red in tooth and claw. You are in denial, and your vegetarianism is a fake solution; nothing more than an expression of your repugnance, indicating nothing but your squeemishness.
Look at your shoes. Do you have any leather? Your clothes? Do you have any wool? Do you still use dairy products? Are you full Vegan? And if so what is the alternative to leather shoes? More fucking plastic? Really?
The truth is that life is based in a cycle of death. Go and eat some meat and grasp the truth of your existence. Your body is made up of dead animals that have rotted in the soil; that have breathed out the CO2, to make the plants you eat in a long cycle that goes back billions of years.
You are just in denial of your own reality
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pm You do not understand life.
Well thanks for informing me as you have done here >
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pmYou have been brought up closeted in the Disney fantasy of modern childhood, where animals are human analouges, they cry they speak they have purpose. You were fed meat, and cheese and milk from the earliest age. The meat came in plastic packets devoid of blood and with mysterious provenance, divorced from the realities that the items were from once living things. And when granny died, they put her in a clean box, and you were told she went to heaven.
But all the whilse, nature abides regardless of your sensitivity, red in tooth and claw. You are in denial, and your vegetarianism is a fake solution; nothing more than an expression of your repugnance, indicating nothing but your squeemishness.
Look at your shoes. Do you have any leather? Your clothes? Do you have any wool? Do you still use dairy products? Are you full Vegan? And if so what is the alternative to leather shoes? More fucking plastic? Really?
The truth is that life is based in a cycle of death. Go and eat some meat and grasp the truth of your existence. Your body is made up of dead animals that have rotted in the soil; that have breathed out the CO2, to make the plants you eat in a long cycle that goes back billions of years.
My point is, if you know all this, if you are truly understanding of what's really happening here, why would you want it when you don't need to want it.
If you like living like this, then that's fine, but I do not think we can play god by believing everyone enjoys living like this. Every time we procreate we are imposing our understanding of life onto another human being, ....do you believe that is fair, knowing what we know, is it up to us to impose life on others, knowing what we know?
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pmYou are just in denial of your own reality
Well you obviously do not understand my life, you might understand your life, but to assume I'm in denial of my life is rather dumb.
I totally understand what's happening here in life, I'm no way in denial about it at all. My problem is imposing it on someone else who is not in need of it, and doing it anyway, when I do not need to do that, do you understand that?

Not everyone has got the need to live, we should not need to create a need that does not need to be, is all I'm saying.

The universe does not need human beings, no more than mars needs martians to exist.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor to Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pm Your body is made up of dead animals that have rotted in the soil; that have breathed out the CO2, to make the plants you eat in a long cycle that goes back billions of years.
:lol: :lol: Wonderful statement! It's true.

If we detach from judgements about the nature of life, we can see (perhaps) the perfection of how it all interconnects and evolves (together). It is impersonal... yet, we get to play on a stage as a personal character until our physical body ceases. Fantastic!

It's interesting to see what people do with that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:41 pm
Sculptor to Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pm Your body is made up of dead animals that have rotted in the soil; that have breathed out the CO2, to make the plants you eat in a long cycle that goes back billions of years.

If we detach from judgements about the nature of life, we can see (perhaps) the perfection of how it all interconnects and evolves (together). It is impersonal... yet, we get to play on a stage as a personal character until our physical body ceases. Fantastic!

Not sure that Dontaskme is receiving me.
But thanks for your positive reaction
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Well people wouldn't actually be doing anything with that...there is no one doing anything, there only appears to be, albeit illusory.

There is no one receiving this message, that message or any other message for that matter, there's just the message no one is reading, writing, or hearing.

No thing is living, or dying, or being resurrected. The belief there is ..is a belief no one is making.

There is no one asking questions, there is no one answering. And yet, questions and answers appear. And yet, no one is making appearances happen, they're just happening and not happening, simultaneously.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:36 am

Well people wouldn't actually be doing anything with that...there is no one doing anything, there only appears to be, albeit illusory.

There is no one receiving this message, that message or any other message for that matter, there's just the message no one is reading, writing, or hearing.

No thing is living, or dying, or being resurrected. The belief there is ..is a belief no one is making.

There is no one asking questions, there is no one answering. And yet, questions and answers appear. And yet, no one is making appearances happen, they're just happening and not happening, simultaneously.
Ah, have you had a mental break again: you can't answer to all the absurdity of all the stuff you've been claiming on this forum for months, so now there is "nobody doing anything" again? You swing from claiming one extreme to another. You're a smart woman dontaskme, so this sort of extreme nonsense should be apparent to you. I think I also saw you claim some time ago that non-dualism was a bunch of nonsense. But now you're plunging into it again -- as if to hide -- rather than acknowledging the absurdity of the things you've been claiming. Why the mania and dishonesty? Where's the love?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:36 am

Ah, have you had a mental break again: you can't answer to all the absurdity of all the stuff you've been claiming on this forum for months, so now there is "nobody doing anything" again? You swing from claiming one extreme to another. You're a smart woman dontaskme, so this sort of extreme nonsense should be apparent to you. I think I also saw you claim some time ago that non-dualism was a bunch of nonsense. But now you're plunging into it again -- as if to hide -- rather than acknowledging the absurdity of the things you've been claiming. Why the mania and dishonesty? Where's the love?
I'm not hiding, I'm trying to be honest.

Lacewing, there is no one doing anything, honestly I'm not kidding.

Everything we believe we know is a bunch of nonsense, there is no one that knows anything. I'm being serious.

I've already said I love you many times, I still do, I think your energy is sweet.

Nonduality is just another concept for that which we cannot know, or explain...and yet knowing and explaining is an appearance. It's an illusory appearance...
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:42 pm Lacewing, there is no one doing anything, honestly I'm not kidding.
Then why don't you say that to yourself when you're complaining about someone doing something?

Why do you only say it when someone questions the absurdity of the things you claim?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:42 pmEverything we believe we know is a bunch of nonsense, there is no one that knows anything.
I can see that... which is why I challenge people about what they claim they know, especially if they are obnoxious or seem especially delusional about it. :lol:

You seem like a very passionate person with whatever you're believing/claiming at any given moment. My question for you is why you seem to thrash around so, from one extreme to another? When you are ranting about life over and over, you deny/ignore all responses that challenge that extremity. At some point, you may switch to nonduality, to seemingly avoid all questioning. If you are attuned to nonduality, why are you thrashing around on the stage as if you haven't a clue? And, if you do thrash around on the stage, why don't you talk about it when someone asks you why you're doing that? Why do you dart behind the curtains of nonduality and pretend that the stage -- and your passionate actions on it -- never existed?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:42 pmI've already said I love you many times, I still do, I think your energy is sweet.
Aww, thanks!

When I've told you that I love life... you've dismissed it as meaningless. But if everything is an illusion, why hate it as opposed to love it? If life and death are an illusion, why are you pissed off about being born without consent, and why are you just waiting to die? These things don't make sense, yet you've written countless posts about them recently. Why are you doing that, and then denying it exists?

Where is your love for the illusion? Why are you wrestling so, with the illusion -- fully costumed on the stage -- and then denying all of it? That does not sound honest. At least stick around in your stage costume long enough to acknowledge your performance. If you just dart onto the stage to act insane, and then pretend you are back floating in the clouds, it seems that you haven't found (or that you don't love) the connection between the two. Rather, you're continually swinging to extremes in denial.