The Book of Questions

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The Book of Questions

Post by henry quirk »

6. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dubious wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:36 am ...
Those childhood memories? They’re yours, only you had a different body then. And now here you are with your different body, your new body with the same memories, trying to limit the form of God.

The world and reality does not conform to your limitations, but you obviously do.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:14 am 6. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
The courts usually give the child to the birth mother.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:01 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:47 am The minority in the world who are atheists... {blah, blah, blah}... than the majority of people in the world who are religious folks
Do you think there's significance to majorities... such as the ones who have voted overwhelmingly (in the popular vote) for democratic candidates? Or is that different somehow because it doesn't serve your needs/beliefs?

The significance in this situation is the fact that the minority of folks in the world who are atheists consider themselves more evolved that the majority, who are religious folks.
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:47 am as evidenced by atheists worshiping things other than God, such as The Party.
Party worship? :lol: Do you also think that theists do such a thing?

Theists worship God. Atheists worship other things, such as The Party. Pro-abortion feminists, who are likely atheists or delusional theists if they approve of abortion, will throw any woman under the bus for The Party. (Lewinski, et al. She wasn't trashed for the sake of Clinton, or ignored by feminists for the sake of Clinton, but for The Party.)

Are you aware that there are a lot of people who don't worship anything? It is possible to have viewpoints without worshipping them. It is possible to have gratitude and appreciation for all things without turning anything into an idol to be worshipped.
Are you aware, Ms. Snark, that it's possible to have viewpoints and worship them? Of course you are. That's what atheists do.

Those folks who don't worship anything are accounted for in one of the links, and they’re included with atheists, which means that atheists are even more of a minority in the world, which I suppose makes them even more special to themselves.

Your claims are being distorted and skewed to serve your needs, whether by foolishness or dishonesty. And yes, of course, there is much more to be seen and recognized beyond that. It's only sensible that the truth is much more vast and diverse than any story.

No claims. I’m just drawing obvious, rational inferences from the numbers of atheists and religious folks in the world.
It’s a fact-based analysis, a different tack than you trying to persuade with your beliefs, projections, and theatrics.

Oh yes, regarding all your comments? Blah blah blah, and lol.

(women :roll:)

:lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:36 am

So, this is what god used to look like before the plastic surgery?

Hilarious!

The image of the imageless. Who Jesus called his Father.

The cosmic mother af all jokes.

The greatest fictional story unwritten.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 amPro-abortion feminists, who are likely atheists or delusional theists if they approve of abortion.
It takes two to make a baby.

Spoiler Alert: Women will stop murdering babies when Men stop murding babies. FACT!

Just grow up you dumb manchild, and face the truth, admit and accept you are one of lifes most dangerous predator to date.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Just answer the question: Why are you having sex with women knowing you could impregnate them?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am ...atheists consider themselves more evolved that the majority, who are religious folks.

...Theists worship God. Atheists worship other things

...it's possible to have viewpoints and worship them ...That's what atheists do
Sorry, you're too unevolved to talk to :lol:... not because you are religious, but because you say stupid things. You do not even see how theists do the same things that you accuse atheists of. People do all kinds of things, regardless of their beliefs or viewpoints... but you divide them into groups with distinct, fabricated traits... apparently in worship of your own self and position, despite the obvious dishonesty.

It's all too stupid and false to deal with.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:14 am 6. You discover your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mixup at the hospital, not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
So if some bird knocks on my door and says hey, atto, turns out this kid you have been paying child support for is actually not ours..

I'd probably say yippee - let me talk to my solicitor. Being the gentleman that I am, i'd let her make the next move/decision. :wink:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

7. Do you think that the world will be a better or a worse place 100 years from now?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:50 am Rummagin' thru attic-boxes for sumthin' else, I found a copy of Gregory Stock's The Book of Questions (© 1985). There are 217 questions and 200 follow up questions. I think, as I can, I'll post one daily, in the order presented in the book. A new question ought not end any conversation over an old(er) question.

-----

1. For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again?

I would - if the love was reciprical in same maesure. the question per the book assume its not - ans so if not no i would not do o. either the question was limited in not understanding the 2 way street - or intended.

i personally beleive in one way love - but not enough to move to another land. so in fact i can love someone that does not love me, as a feeling and honest - but not willing to move (I love 2-3 that do not same for me - i know this as so not willing to fall on my sward - i know they do not feel the same way about me - their lose, not mine (i lov then regardless - but wise enogh to know they do not topward me - and imospible to force - so wish wish them well and not move is my mantra) - i would move if the other actually loved me though.

i suspect the author of the book did not not thiink it trough as much as me, and so the question is limited. but maybe he did? i have not rad your book nor know of the auther so not into assuming things..................jsut assuming here.

love is not a 2 way street - but action in its name is.

2-cents.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:12 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:50 am Rummagin' thru attic-boxes for sumthin' else, I found a copy of Gregory Stock's The Book of Questions (© 1985). There are 217 questions and 200 follow up questions. I think, as I can, I'll post one daily, in the order presented in the book. A new question ought not end any conversation over an old(er) question.

-----

1. For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again?
Most young people would answer yes.

Most old people would answer no.

yes - wise and tert (per)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

8. Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or be the champion of an individual sport? Which sport would you choose?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:44 pm 8. Would you rather be a member of a world championship sports team or be the champion of an individual sport? Which sport would you choose?
Well we all know what sport you would choose.

Bacon flavored blood sport, just don’t eat my son whatever you choose.