your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: your penalty box

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm Can't take it any other way than as dismissal.
Why take it so personal, Henry? Maybe they're just "cleaning house". It WAS a very skewed bulletinboard-like thread of propaganda.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm The thread was locked without warning or explanation.
What could they say? Maybe... "this is inappropriate, has gone on long enough, bogs down the forum, and cannot continue." If they told you, you'd probably argue... and maybe they don't want to deal with that.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm Seems clear I'm bein' told by management to shut up .
Why? Is that all you've got to offer? :)

C'mon Henry... maybe this is an opportunity for you to get/demonstrate some broader perspective here on the forum.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm Can't take it any other way than as dismissal.
Why take it so personal, Henry? Maybe they're just "cleaning house". It WAS a very skewed bulletinboard-like thread of propaganda.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm The thread was locked without warning or explanation.
What could they say? Maybe... "this is inappropriate, has gone on long enough, bogs down the forum, and cannot continue." If they told you, you'd probably argue... and maybe they don't want to deal with that.
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:11 pm Seems clear I'm bein' told by management to shut up .

C'mon Henry... maybe this is an opportunity for you to get/demonstrate some broader perspective here on the forum.
What happened? What did I miss? :?:
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:18 pm

What happened? What did I miss? :?:
Judging from the drama, it looks like the world is ending.

(Or maybe they figured that the forum shouldn't serve as platform for vaccine rejection)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I vote for Henry staying.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The petulant tantrum doesn't really go with the macho, gun-toting, 'I am an island' image :?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 pm I vote for Henry staying.
Speak for yourself!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:07 pm The petulant tantrum doesn't really go with the macho, gun-toting, 'I am an island' image :?
You clearly don't know what either "petulant" or "tantrum" mean.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Oh. I see what happened. The "Not safe for anyone" thread got locked.

Cheer up, Henry. It's just a slap on the wrist. Just stop playing epidemiologist for a while. There are plenty of other things to talk about. And be thankful you haven't died of Covid. I hear the morgues where I reside (Florida) are at capacity right now and hospitals are actually more dangerous than fighting the illness at home due to staff shortages and unsanitary conditions that are stemming from those shortages.
Walker

Re: and here's #5...

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:15 pmI figure at his ripe old age, Henry knows what he doesn't need.
Yep, and I know where I'm not wanted (admittedly, it took the 2 x 4 of a locked thread to drive it home, but 'message received').
Message transmitted by the gubberment, not the people.

And as you say, under these conditions the gubberment pays the bills.

React and adapt according to the mission, as SOB will swear.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

mickthinks wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 pm
Speak for yourself!
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:07 pm The petulant tantrum doesn't really go with the macho, gun-toting, 'I am an island' image :?
You clearly don't know what either "petulant" or "tantrum" mean.
Yeah, I do.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:20 pm [invective redacted—iMod]
That’s all right. You’re just a little high strung. What the oily Dr. Flicker would call, “female hysteria,” no doubt aware of but not broadcasting the fact that the use of both terms at once is a redundancy.

Annie Hall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U1-OmAICpU
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Hmmm...I don't have you pegged for a man to take such advice sitting down. The Henry I know wouldn't put up with the censorship. He'd just maybe raise the stakes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

As Management sez: it's not-so-benevolant dictatorship.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:49 pm Oh. I see what happened. The "Not safe for anyone" thread got locked.

Cheer up, Henry. It's just a slap on the wrist. Just stop playing epidemiologist for a while. There are plenty of other things to talk about. And be thankful you haven't died of Covid. I hear the morgues where I reside (Florida) are at capacity right now and hospitals are actually more dangerous than fighting the illness at home due to staff shortages and unsanitary conditions that are stemming from those shortages.
Nice try, Gary... 👍
henry quirk

Re: and here's #5...

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:45 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:15 pmI figure at his ripe old age, Henry knows what he doesn't need.
Yep, and I know where I'm not wanted (admittedly, it took the 2 x 4 of a locked thread to drive it home, but 'message received').
Message transmitted by the gubberment, not the people.

And as you say, under these conditions the gubberment pays the bills.

React and adapt according to the mission, as SOB will swear.
I am adaptin': I'm goin' elsewhere. PN ain't the only port.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:31 pm
Hmmm...I don't have you pegged for a man to take such advice sitting down. The Henry I know wouldn't put up with the censorship. He'd just maybe raise the stakes.
Not a battle I can win on this ground. And: lockin' or even deletin' the thread ain't censorship. PN runs a forum, not a nation. Like a publisher, they can decline to publish. Me: I get to go elsewhere and PN got no say as to where or what I post once I get there.

Hell, *I could start my own forum, reproduce the contents of the locked thread, and no one could tell me boo.

*🤔