your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

your penalty box

Post by henry quirk »

We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.

I know I'm in the penalty box of some.

I have two (age & mick) in mine (and I'm contemplatin' addin' a third).

Now, no one is obligated to reveal who is in their penalty box, but I'm curious why you may have someone in the box.

Age, for example, is in the box cuz it's impossible to actually converse or debate with him, and when you try, you get hounded with, and your thread review overflowed with, idiosyncrasy. Him, in the box, is easier on my head and one good eye.

Mick is just a garden-variety commie shill. Nuthin' he posts is worth diddly. Not readin' him is a pleasure.

Your turn.
Immanuel Can

Re: your penalty box

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.

Now, no one is obligated to reveal who is in their penalty box, but I'm curious why you may have someone in the box.

Age, for example, is in the box cuz it's impossible to actually converse or debate with him, and when you try, you get hounded with, and your thread review overflowed with, idiosyncrasy. Him, in the box, is easier on my head and one good eye.

Mick is just a garden-variety commie shill. Nuthin' he posts is worth diddly. Not readin' him is a pleasure.

Your turn.
I have only one.

And I did it because he tried to commit "suicide by cop." So I had to do it for his own good, so he didn't do himself a serious injury he was Hell-bent on doing to himself.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.

Your turn.
I have only one.

And I did it because he tried to commit "suicide by cop." So I had to do it for his own good, so he didn't do himself a serious injury he was Hell-bent on doing to himself.
Yeah, I (think) I know who you're talkin' about. And you're right.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age is on my Ignore list because he writes volumes of repetition like some kind of malignant brain fungus. I was finding it annoying to have to scroll past screen after screen of his repetitive babble to get to the interesting, insightful, and funny posts of other people responding in various ways to Age's nonsense, dishonesty, and projections. Although the curious experiment of interacting with such madness and distortions can draw people in from time to time -- as a joke or puzzle to play with -- such volumes of psychosis-driven, delusion-serving repetition blanketing and derailing threads across this forum are nothing more than manic spam.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 pm Age is on my Ignore list because he writes volumes of repetition like some kind of malignant brain fungus. I was finding it annoying to have to scroll past screen after screen of his repetitive babble to get to the interesting, insightful, and funny posts of other people responding in various ways to Age's nonsense, dishonesty, and projections. Although the curious experiment of interacting with such madness and distortions can draw people in from time to time -- as a joke or puzzle to play with -- such volumes of psychosis-driven, delusion-serving repetition blanketing and derailing threads across this forum are nothing more than manic spam.
👍
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 pm Age is on my Ignore list because he writes volumes of repetition like some kind of malignant brain fungus. I was finding it annoying to have to scroll past screen after screen of his repetitive babble to get to the interesting, insightful, and funny posts of other people responding in various ways to Age's nonsense, dishonesty, and projections. Although the curious experiment of interacting with such madness and distortions can draw people in from time to time -- as a joke or puzzle to play with -- such volumes of psychosis-driven, delusion-serving repetition blanketing and derailing threads across this forum are nothing more than manic spam.
This was a pleasure to read :D
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Just put that goof, duh-duh-duh-Dubious in the box. He's a shrill parrot, that one, and I won't read him anymore.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 pm Just put that goof, duh-duh-duh-Dubious in the box. He's a shrill parrot, that one, and I won't read him anymore.
I always thought Dubious was a woman for some reason. He knows a lot about music so that's a 'plus' in my book, or am I confusing him with another username?
Anyway, I don't see the point in blacklisting anyone because this primitive system only allows for a very rudimentary form of it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 pm Just put that goof, duh-duh-duh-Dubious in the box. He's a shrill parrot, that one, and I won't read him anymore.
I always thought Dubious was a woman for some reason. He knows a lot about music so that's a 'plus' in my book, or am I confusing him with another username?
Anyway, I don't see the point in blacklisting anyone because this primitive system only allows for a very rudimentary form of it.
I think he's a guy: mebbe light in the loafers, though.

I like the system: it's simple and direct...friend or foe.

Post by Age »

I do not put ANY one in the, so called, "penalty box". This is because EVERY one is worthy of being LISTENED TO and HEARD. But most in here will NEVER KNOW this.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Your turn.
I don't really bother with official lists, Age has vertually begged to slide into my ignores, but that club is too exclusive to have him.

There's quite a few nutters that I typically scroll right past unless I see someone else quoting them. I only picked up on Hedgehog7's classic fear of triangles and witches because Arising was taking the piss out of it, and I always like there to be a solid thousand new posts on Age's account before I read him again.

But is anyone else finding they aren't as patient or willing as they used to be though? Is this what getting old feels like? In my younger days, way back in 2017, I thought nothing of wasting a whole week just trying to get Bob the Baptist to understand that 'intrinsic market value' is a self contradiction. But just in the last couple of days there was a wannabe Bond villain who hopes to flush volcanoes out with sea water, I should be all over over that crazy shit, but I am already too bored to bother.

It's possible I have spent the last of my mojo, old before my time, I can feel my balls descending to my knees and maybe onwards to death's icy reacharound.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

There's quite a few nutters that I typically scroll right past unless I see *someone else quoting them.

If I have a complaint about the penalty box, that's *it.

But is anyone else finding they aren't as patient or willing as they used to be though? Is this what getting old feels like?

I think havin' the same conversations and debates, over and over (like I'm havin', right now, with Veg in another thread) is wearin' on a person. And -- yeah -- gettin' older doesn't help.
vegetariantaxidermy

I will stop when I get an answer that isn't meaningless bs jargon...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:10 am
Yes, I thought Dubious was a woman, I have NO idea why.. but in a thread somewhere the other day he mentioned he was a fella. I am very dissapointed.

btw love the reply to LW The Almighty (Queen of logical rational debate.)
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:39 pmI have only one.

Mr Can, you sanctimonious old drama queen, I know you don't ignore me because you nick some of my ideas and present them as your own, just as you do with William Lane Craig and the goons on Fox News.